Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quick question about Marleybone's music

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I had noticed something about Marleybone's music while I was in that world, and that brings me to this question.

The many themes in Marleybone are very amazing, but I believe there's a notable difference. When I was watching Bishop's Puppet Show, I paid close attention to listening to the music, and I noticed that it's played in it's original pitch tone. Same goes for the ringtones, too. Then, outside of that, in the world's many Zones, the themes seemed to have a different change in pitch and tone, but other than that, the tempo is still the same. I paid close attention to that, too, by the way. It's as if it's the music's pitch tone has been adjusted so that it sounds like it's from the UK.

Is this a notable reference to many TV broadcasting programs in the UK and beyond having a change in pitch tone, the PAL and NTSC differences, I imagine? If it is, it would be amazing to know how that's referenced. I'm a bit sketchy on that, you know.

If Sarah Steele, or Blind Mew can answer this, please do, and thanks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
What? I was only asking how that difference was a reference to the UK's way of broadcasting their programs.

Developer
Hello!

Congratulations! You found the Audio Easter Egg!

Just kidding... This actually wasn't on purpose, we just had the music pitched for the puppet show.

But good catch! And good ears!

Sarah Steele, Associate Producer of Sound
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
lol, nice try bro. yeah, all the music sounds pretty identical, i will bet if you made a mix and put both of the songs in it, the basic tune would be just the same

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Sarah Steele on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello!

Congratulations! You found the Audio Easter Egg!

Just kidding... This actually wasn't on purpose, we just had the music pitched for the puppet show.

But good catch! And good ears!
Well, well, well, Sarah Steele! Nice of you to drop by after your lengthy absence in here. My hunch is this... you were way busy with the sound crew, correct? I know you were busy, just as Blind Mew was, and is, busy. You left some of us, well... slightly worried after your unusual absence, even me. Of course, there wasn't a need to worry about you and all, but now, you're here once more. Still, it's nice to have you back here once again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I also noticed that the same thing happened in many of Aquila's music themes, as well. Just paid close attention to the music in the zones and the Puppet Show about how the Trojan War began.