Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Equipment drop rates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
This is probably just me, but I feel like the drop rates for ship equipment when battling NPC ships is ridiculously low. I've been farming for a couple hours and I've went up 5 levels in nautical levels and only got a single set of cannons. It's kind of frustrating. Is anyone feeling the same way or would beg to differ? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do to get the best out of nautical farming?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hunter Kidd on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
This is probably just me, but I feel like the drop rates for ship equipment when battling NPC ships is ridiculously low. I've been farming for a couple hours and I've went up 5 levels in nautical levels and only got a single set of cannons. It's kind of frustrating. Is anyone feeling the same way or would beg to differ? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do to get the best out of nautical farming?
Hi Hunter, welcome to the message boards.
I farm ships quite a bit and I get lots of drops. I think you just may be a victim of bad luck in the loot table rolls. Perhaps try some head patting and tummy rubbing.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi Hunter, welcome to the message boards.
I farm ships quite a bit and I get lots of drops. I think you just may be a victim of bad luck in the loot table rolls. Perhaps try some head patting and tummy rubbing.
LOL, but don't mind me asking, but where do you do your nautical farming mostly?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Kidd, When you're hunting ships for the parts, remember to farm the bosses in that skyway. Some of the top parts will drop from mob ships, but that's extremely rare. Ship bosses drop the good stuff more consistently, and the drop every top part for a given class of ship eventually.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hunter Kidd on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
LOL, but don't mind me asking, but where do you do your nautical farming mostly?
Good question. I farm the boss of whoever has the ship I want parts for. For my maxed pirates with Eagle galleons I farm Pluton and Spartacos in the Aquila skyway. For my Marleybone Galleon I farm Brocks near the Trafalgar Vortex and the Marleybone Turret. For my Mooshu galleon I farm Timur Khan & Sanada Ilyushin in the Kotan skyway. Chen Ling & Bai Long in the Khotan skyway are also good for the lower parts. For my Bison Ships I farm Black Jack Ketchum, The Midnight Bandit and The Salt Witch In Tumbleweed, Cooper's Roost & The Haunted skyways respectively. For my Monquestian ship I farmed Admiral Barnsley in Port Regal plus Jorge Curioso in the Tierra Primata Skyway. For my Pirate class ship I farmed the boss' in Skull Island skyway, like Deadeye Deirde and Mack The Shark. Any time I saw a name in white when I bracket searched through an area I zeroed in on them. Plus any chance I saw someone attacking ships I always offered to help. There are rare but really good crown shop clones that drop from the mob ships along with the bosses. So just sink any chance you can and those ship parts and nautical xp will grow almost painlessly.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I always have good drop rates in Marleybone. I got 3 Marleybonias and 4 9-pounders while defeating 10 Armada Skiffs. It is hard to dodge multiple attacks by different enemy ships, especially Armada Skiffs, and if you want another great drop area, go farm Banditoad ships in Tumbleweed. If you want good Eagle ship gear and Nautical XP, I've always had luck with Vulture pirates, especially around Captain Pluton. I only just turned Nautical level 52 and I have been maxed for a month, so I cant use very much Eagle ship equipment yet, which is the majority of all my equipment , but you can get some pretty good gear for a MB Galleon at that level.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
I'm very happy with the ship parts drop rates how they are. Roughly 15 premium items total that I'd have to farm for and each boss in Aquila has a chance of dropping them. You get much better odds than farming for No Auction gear that's for sure, as well, there's no housing items being added to the drop table (by far the biggest mistake I've seen KI make).