Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About that Spelling Bee....

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
If you recall I mentioned I was in the spelling bee recently ( just on the 14th actually) well I have some upsetting news (to me at least) I am not going to nationals I came in second place after missing the word Salaam so yeah but I got crowns out of the deal so now I get to talk on the boards with you guys again ( but just for a month) so yeah see yah in the skyways- CanaanBC

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CanaanBC on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
If you recall I mentioned I was in the spelling bee recently ( just on the 14th actually) well I have some upsetting news (to me at least) I am not going to nationals I came in second place after missing the word Salaam so yeah but I got crowns out of the deal so now I get to talk on the boards with you guys again ( but just for a month) so yeah see yah in the skyways- CanaanBC
Well I think that second place is VERY impressive. Congratulations. I really hate it in those Bees when they throw in foreign words like that, it makes it SO hard. I know the trouble you went through to accomplish what you did. I was in a Bee once but was disqualified early by, what I thought of was, a heartless judge because I said "Um" half way through my word and they insisted I said the letter "M" and thus misspelled the word. This was a word that had not one "M" sound in it so I was properly outraged at the injustice of it all. I even spelled the word right, if you didn't count my verbal pause. So spelling bees do put a distasteful taste my the memories of my mouth but that does not detract on bit from all the work you did and your super accomplishment of being the runner up to the Nationals. Who knows, something may happen to the winner and you will be able to step in. (Not that I would wish anything to befall the champion, just saying that sometimes things come up that prevent them from continuing.
You should hold your head high that you are the runner up Best Speller in your division. Massively well done. *Holds a tankard of yum up in your honor*

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
We'll congratulations ( I misspelled that and misspelled, I'm pretty bad at spelling.) on making it that far. You did better than I ever could. And again congratulations.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Well I think that second place is VERY impressive. Congratulations. I really hate it in those Bees when they throw in foreign words like that, it makes it SO hard. I know the trouble you went through to accomplish what you did. I was in a Bee once but was disqualified early by, what I thought of was, a heartless judge because I said "Um" half way through my word and they insisted I said the letter "M" and thus misspelled the word. This was a word that had not one "M" sound in it so I was properly outraged at the injustice of it all. I even spelled the word right, if you didn't count my verbal pause. So spelling bees do put a distasteful taste my the memories of my mouth but that does not detract on bit from all the work you did and your super accomplishment of being the runner up to the Nationals. Who knows, something may happen to the winner and you will be able to step in. (Not that I would wish anything to befall the champion, just saying that sometimes things come up that prevent them from continuing.
You should hold your head high that you are the runner up Best Speller in your division. Massively well done. *Holds a tankard of yum up in your honor*
Well all the words were foreign so yeah but thanks for the support
P.s. my aunt and uncle said the same thing about the winner having something hapoen to them lol

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
CoolRebon on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Heh, not bad.
Thanks

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CanaanBC on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
2nd place is still absolutely fantastic, that means that out of all those people- only 1 did better. So you should be extremely proud of your efforts. Congratulations on the impressive showing and also on getting some more crowns...it is nice when great preparation and efforts are rewarded. We are happy you can keep chatting with us and hope to see you in the Spiral as well.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
good.i have never been in a spelling bee but who knows.maybe my cult of a school will force me into one.