Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

HOW am I supposed to beat Dread Manticore?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I'm doing "The Contest of Champions", but I can't beat the stupid Dread Manticore!

Duck Holiday is level 63 and I'm maxed and all that, and I still can't win no matter what I do. Is there a good strategy so I can beat the Manticore and get Duck promoted already? This is just horrible, this is worse than fighting Rooke.

I set traps, I move away from them to try to get them on the traps, I use Supression Fire (Burse Fire Team Epic), and I use those special shot moves.

Petty Alicia Cog Level 65 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
itsamemario4 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
I'm doing "The Contest of Champions", but I can't beat the stupid Dread Manticore!

Duck Holiday is level 63 and I'm maxed and all that, and I still can't win no matter what I do. Is there a good strategy so I can beat the Manticore and get Duck promoted already? This is just horrible, this is worse than fighting Rooke.

I set traps, I move away from them to try to get them on the traps, I use Supression Fire (Burse Fire Team Epic), and I use those special shot moves.

Petty Alicia Cog Level 65 Musketeer
Load up all your companions that have lots of epic and guaranteed moves. Since he has Riposte you want companions with high accuracy and for sure hits so this riposte doesn't activate. Get some gear that gives you some good heals and some Valor's Armor or Fortress. Also Levithan's Call. That will cut your damage in half or more if you stack them and you can live long enough to outlast them. I lay a patch of traps with bombs in the some spots. I also use Louis as my first mate since he can lay a patch of bombs in the same patch so you can have two layers of damage in the first turn. You are wise to move around to lure them into the traps. Just make them several layers of damage so that when they stumble into them you can just watch them dance as the damage hits them again and again.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Load up all your companions that have lots of epic and guaranteed moves. Since he has Riposte you want companions with high accuracy and for sure hits so this riposte doesn't activate. Get some gear that gives you some good heals and some Valor's Armor or Fortress. Also Levithan's Call. That will cut your damage in half or more if you stack them and you can live long enough to outlast them. I lay a patch of traps with bombs in the some spots. I also use Louis as my first mate since he can lay a patch of bombs in the same patch so you can have two layers of damage in the first turn. You are wise to move around to lure them into the traps. Just make them several layers of damage so that when they stumble into them you can just watch them dance as the damage hits them again and again.
I can't choose partners myself, i'm facing the Dread Manticore with only myself and Duck. No Pet, No other Partners.

Not sure About Valor's Fortress, Valor's Armor in my opinion will be more wise. The question is: Do I get it or keep trying until I win? (By the way, I DO have Levithan's Call)