Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm Surprised...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I was in PvP, and blue was winning. (I was on red) Apparently, I defeated the only high level on blue (a level 65 buccaneer) along with his Zeena. When his Billy the Kid was around 500 health left, he fleed. Then red ended up winning. Lucky me, and I was the only high level on red!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Puppylove1021 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I was in PvP, and blue was winning. (I was on red) Apparently, I defeated the only high level on blue (a level 65 buccaneer) along with his Zeena. When his Billy the Kid was around 500 health left, he fleed. Then red ended up winning. Lucky me, and I was the only high level on red!
I wouldn't call that luck, that was skill. You were fairly defeating him and he took the unsportsman way out and fled so he thought he could say he wasn't defeated. What he didn't know was a flee counts as a defeat.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah, I have won many battles with skill. But, if the opponent just got a pinch of luck, I never flee. As many say, "Down with my HONOR!"

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Captain
May 13, 2011
"as i always say, a good death is to be envied. surrender? to someone like you? NEVER!"
- admiral nelson

if you ask me, fleeing from a battle is a shameful way to lose. staying to the end can also give you an opportunity to make a great last stand and make you win instead or tear down their forces some more. the Japanese in WWII would rather die than surrender. should we do the same? i never flee in PVP unless i really have to go

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Sneaky George Quar... on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
"as i always say, a good death is to be envied. surrender? to someone like you? NEVER!"
- admiral nelson

if you ask me, fleeing from a battle is a shameful way to lose. staying to the end can also give you an opportunity to make a great last stand and make you win instead or tear down their forces some more. the Japanese in WWII would rather die than surrender. should we do the same? i never flee in PVP unless i really have to go
Guess what happened to the Japanese when they refused to give up until the very end.

There are times when the odds of winning a battle is so astronomically high that it's better to cut to the chase and give up. Sure, it makes for a proud last stand trying to defend yourself against two or three enemy squads but in the end, losing is inevitable. If a player or players surrendered to me after my team push them to a point of no return then it would be fine, well at least to me. If they surrendered in the beginning of a match then it's shameful.