Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Resetting Companions Question

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I have a question about resetting companions. I want to reset Subodai and Bonnie Anne, so I can give them better epics. (Bonnie Anne got Double Tap 2, Overwatch, and Return Fire, while Subodai has Vengeance Strike, Turn the Tide, Relentless, and Flanking) Should I complete their promotion quests first before I reset them, or reset them first. I never have reset a companion before, so I need a bit more information on what happens when you reset a companion.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
If you reset them later on, it would be more expensive, so reset now. Also I recommend burst fire for Bonnie.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
In the past there was a bug about resetting some companions that had been promoted. It is not supposed to make any difference whether you reset before or after. If you are sure you want to reset though, you might as well do it before you promote the companion. When you reset them, the training points you used on them return and you get to respend them. The original choices are taken and you get to rechoose.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Puppylove1021 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I have a question about resetting companions. I want to reset Subodai and Bonnie Anne, so I can give them better epics. (Bonnie Anne got Double Tap 2, Overwatch, and Return Fire, while Subodai has Vengeance Strike, Turn the Tide, Relentless, and Flanking) Should I complete their promotion quests first before I reset them, or reset them first. I never have reset a companion before, so I need a bit more information on what happens when you reset a companion.
I would do it first then you can more clearly see what you want to add when they promote. When you reset them the just go back to how they were when you first acquired them. If they came with 2 epics then that is all they will have again and you get to start fresh on what to give them. My first two pirates had almost all their companions reset because I was a bit clueless when I trained them.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
So I decided to reset Bonnie Anne's epics and talents. I already had completed her last promotion quest, which is good. It wasn't what I was thinking was going to happen. My Bonnie Anne's new talents are Double Tap, Stock Assault, Overwatch, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Draw. Now these are going to be helpful.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
This has been my experience in resetting Companions. When you reset a Companion, all the epics that you can choose will be removed and all the talents will be reset to their lowest level. There will be some epics that you can't change so don't worry about them. You then choose all the epics first and then the talents.

I recommend resetting before you do their promotion requests since I think the amount of Gold (for members) or Crowns (for non-members) that it costs is based on the Companions level. Good Luck!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I like to reset all my main companions at 56th level anyway, so I can concentrate my favorite talents at 4 each (eg. Accuracy 4). The talent reset costs about the same as a training tome, but it depends on the Companion's level, not yours.