Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Criticals do more damage than regular attacks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2013
Hey ki idk if you noticed or meant for this to be in the game but I've noticed that me and my companions do more damage with are regular hits excluding muskateer and witch doctor Do less with criticals anyone else out there who's recognized this

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Yes, critical hits will deal more damage than regular hits. All classes can do it. It's part of the game.

Super Critical= 1.33x damage
Mega Critical= 1.67x damage
Epic Critical= 2.00x damage

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CoolRebon on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
Yes, critical hits will deal more damage than regular hits. All classes can do it. It's part of the game.

Super Critical= 1.33x damage
Mega Critical= 1.67x damage
Epic Critical= 2.00x damage
I think what he is saying is he is seeing the opposite. He is seeing his normal hits have higher damage than critical ones. I am not sure if this is a perception problem or just some really weird damage rolls where criticals are getting blocked or toned down by armor and resist of the recipient.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
I think what he is saying is he is seeing the opposite. He is seeing his normal hits have higher damage than critical ones. I am not sure if this is a perception problem or just some really weird damage rolls where criticals are getting blocked or toned down by armor and resist of the recipient.
Oh alright. I couldn't understand what he wrote so I work around with his title.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
I totally get what you're saying, Black Valencian. Sometimes, depending on what the original attack did damage wise, when I land a critical, it is less than the normal attack... It's odd, but I'm a Swashbuckler, so I do pretty high damage to begin with. :3

Stormy Lydia Parker