Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Traps Invisibility

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Is this still a known bug? Traps do not appear invisible in PvP and I believe it's be said that is unintended. Jack, do you think you can give me some info on this? :)

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I don't think it is a bug, but it is definitely needed. There's no point in having traps in PvP if nobody will fall into them. The only way I think to fix this would be to make more obstacles in PvP so they would have to go through to attack.

Administrator
Hi! The latest information is still found in J. Todd Coleman's open letter about PvP.

Not all of the powers work exactly the same as they do against monsters. A number of oddities came up, and we tried to address them to the degree we could. Here are a few; I am sure we will find more:
  • Traps, for example, will still trigger against the opposing team – but they won’t be invisible to them. We will fix this eventually.
  • Hide/Invisibility powers still grant damage bonuses to powers, AND make it impossible for people to directly target you – but the powers don’t actually hide you on the board, and you can still be hit with area of effect spells. We probably won’t fix this one, because it is extremely powerful to actually be invisible to the other team. (Though this is something we want to play with, before we make a final determination.)
  • Charm spells do work – even on other players! – but the charmed target will become an ally, and automatically determine their next action… so the results might be a bit wonky at times. This is another area we’ll need to watch, and likely make adjustments.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Hi! The latest information is still found in J. Todd Coleman's open letter about PvP.

Not all of the powers work exactly the same as they do against monsters. A number of oddities came up, and we tried to address them to the degree we could. Here are a few; I am sure we will find more:
  • Traps, for example, will still trigger against the opposing team – but they won’t be invisible to them. We will fix this eventually.
  • Hide/Invisibility powers still grant damage bonuses to powers, AND make it impossible for people to directly target you – but the powers don’t actually hide you on the board, and you can still be hit with area of effect spells. We probably won’t fix this one, because it is extremely powerful to actually be invisible to the other team. (Though this is something we want to play with, before we make a final determination.)
  • Charm spells do work – even on other players! – but the charmed target will become an ally, and automatically determine their next action… so the results might be a bit wonky at times. This is another area we’ll need to watch, and likely make adjustments.
wait. does that mean a charmed player will be AI controlled?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I'm thinking you would use traps in PvP with bombs and scatter spike around you so they have to step on traps to get to you.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I have a question for One-Eyed Jack. Can you place a bomb over someone who is "invisible" if there is no other enemy in the bomb radius? In other words can you place a bomb only on a person that is "invisible" and damage them, getting rid of their invisibility?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I have a question for One-Eyed Jack. Can you place a bomb over someone who is "invisible" if there is no other enemy in the bomb radius? In other words can you place a bomb only on a person that is "invisible" and damage them, getting rid of their invisibility?
From my experience as a musketeer I can put my patch of bombs where ever I want, even if no one or nothing is there. Many times I cannot reach the enemy but I just lay my bombs and traps all over the ground they must cover to get to me.