Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your favorite 'Rival'?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Let me shine on what 'Rivals' are. These guys are recurring enemies that you fight at least twice during your quest. The following is a list of all the rivals encountered, rated from favorite to least.
1. Aztecasour Blood Lord (4 Battles)
2. The Brass Monkey (2 Battles)
3. Beemish (2 Battles)
4. Fin Dorsal (3 Battles, can be recruited)
5. Joey Karo (2 Battles)
6. Captain Fowl (2 Battles, I hated what he did to Ratbeard.)
So, are there any I should mention, or are one of these your fan favorite?

Administrator
Captain Fowl is one of my favorite rivals for sure!

Thanks for the fun topic.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Jun 02, 2013
Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Fin Dorsal. Whoever did the voice and design of Fin did a good job portraying him as a menacing thief. It's a shame that, besides references, he probably won't be part of the story anymore since you can recruit him in the Crown Shop. It would nice to have " The Thug" as part main talkative group but I guess Ratbeard filled that role.

Heh, maybe another Fin promotion will cheer me up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I too loved putting Captain Fowl in his place but I still wish I could get poor Ratbeard his parrot back. Captain Fowl has not heard the last of me if I ever get a chance to ransom that poor psittacine.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
You have not seen the last of me!

The Brass Monkey

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Calico Jack
He was Bonnie Anne's first pirate captain (and IRL, Anne Bonney's husband).
I'm almost certain he betrayed us to the Armada in Port Regal.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
My all time favorite rivals currently, as a player excluding the ones i have yet to face for now are the top 5.The number is how difficult the boss was based on my experince.

1.The Brass Monkey-He is a pain in the shoulder, this is by far the most challenging boss duel i ever experienced.10/10

2.Captain Fowl-Now this is the real twist on the storyline,after dueling him a number of time he turned to be the real deal.What he did to Rat Beard was bad, what was it you asked ? Well find out as your pirate progress the storyline. 8/10

3.Rat Beard- An early game changer boss,after the karken skull tavern event, he initially betaryed one of his crew.As a player i wanted him to walk the plank initially,but after a quest well he becomes a great alley. 7/10

4.Nasty Nate- This is one of the hardest duel,in Cool Ranch based on my experience this boss will push your pirate's dueling skills to the next level . 9/10

5.Huku- This is the ultimate water mole boss duel. This Guy Could take down a player,who are not properly trained in my experience.An early boss fight,that will change the way our pirates duel,for ever to prepare our pirate beyond skull island. 8/10

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would have to say mine is Bishop, not necessarily because he was a super tough fight but because of his cowardly ways- challenging my crew and then always running away, how dare he. Just when you think you have him beaten he weasles away again. To me the worst kind of rival or foe is one that won't stand and fight like a...?machine?, but keeps coming back for more, teasing you and tugging at your crew's emotions only to run and hide again. That will not stand- not for this Captain and Crew...now come back here you oily, mechanical thingy, you!!!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Sam Underhill on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
You have not seen the last of me!

The Brass Monkey
Me too! I liked the Brass Monkey because he was so easy to defeat but acted like he was always behind our backs waiting for the right time to attack. Lol!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
You guys could tell that my number 1 rival is the Aztecosaur Blood Lord, and the first time I squared off with him, was by complete accident.

Captain
May 13, 2011
no doubt it will be rooke. you first fight him in the biggest battle that ever existed, army vs army. when you think you finally won, he makes a last stand attack where he is finally broken and blows up with his ship (so like a captain to go down with his ship)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
The brass monkey by far. Every time I see him I think "oh your so cute and adorable in your helpless tiny fury monkey body I could just squash you like a bug" I think he's pretty funny how he tries so hard to defeat us and get revenge but always fails miserably every time. I just like him In general because he's just to me a clumsy banana eating flea hotel. (My first thought was like this when in the presidio the guards out side called me ugly and I said to my friend who was with me "says the banana eating flea bait." We just laughed and laughed. if anyone is going to call me ugly and get away with it it's going to have to be one of my friends, we just mess around like that.... And I've been told I'm able to pull my pony tail off (I look good in it) and it was a girl so that's got to count for something)

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
The best rival to me would be the brass monkey cause he tginks he is better but nah

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013