Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

best farming place for gold in aquila

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
im done the game got lvl 65 and nautical also. now I want to lvl up my companions but need gold for that. where is the best place to farm for gold?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
I would also like to know some good gear to farm, im a privateer!

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
places like the caves of ruin, zeena sanctum the archery range in Sparta and the dungeons like troy are good places to farm

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
hat one piratet on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
places like the caves of ruin, zeena sanctum the archery range in Sparta and the dungeons like troy are good places to farm
thx a lot this was very useful!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Vinny Ace on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
I would also like to know some good gear to farm, im a privateer!
Hey, Vinny Ace. Here is a great guide over on Central that lists No Auction gear from Aquila and the bosses that drop them. And this is the guide for No Auction gear from Marleybone. And one more for you, this is the guide to No Auction gear from Mooshu.

Hope this helps and that you get some of those stubborn bosses to drop the goods.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey, Vinny Ace. Here is a great guide over on Central that lists No Auction gear from Aquila and the bosses that drop them. And this is the guide for No Auction gear from Marleybone. And one more for you, this is the guide to No Auction gear from Mooshu.

Hope this helps and that you get some of those stubborn bosses to drop the goods.
Hey wow Valkoor thanks for the link. That page is amazing those guys did a really nice job!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
cutlessclark on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey wow Valkoor thanks for the link. That page is amazing those guys did a really nice job!
You are quite welcome cutlessclark and you are so right, they did do a great job on the guides. If you look on page 9 of the Pirates Helping Pirates (PHP) thread there are some links to other great guides on central and some of the other fantastic P101 sites, along with a guide for finding the best weapons through the Aquila portion of the game.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
im kind of noticing that every one is replying about the gears but I still want to know where I should farm for gold :P like I know it used to be friar sand before marleybone and Aquila but who is it now?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Vinny Ace on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
im kind of noticing that every one is replying about the gears but I still want to know where I should farm for gold :P like I know it used to be friar sand before marleybone and Aquila but who is it now?
Well all that great gear is sellable. If its non auction gear then a regular vendor will be happy to buy it from you. If you don't want to bother with gear then you could do the chests in Illios, that circuit is 7 or more chests as some respawn before you finish the round for each realm. Then change realms and do it all over again. Those chests vary from a little over 50 to just over 3000 per chest. You can max your bank in no time.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Vinny Ace on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Friar Sand is still the money store, but most of us farm for the gear and ship parts we want. The gold just comes with that territory. You can get gold anywhere (except Diskylos or the Hydra), but those unique items only drop in one place.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I agree with Row4n412 that the Friar is the best gong for your gold when it comes to farming a boss for gold. The battle is usually over in a max of 2 turns if your pirate is max or near maxed level. Farming him with other pirates will put a lot of chests on the board with great gear to use, sell and then plenty of gold.

And like Chrissy, said farming the chests in Illios is a great way to go, especially when realm hopping. A quick circuit, grab your gold, and rinse and repeat. Very efficient and quick way to grab some guaranteed gold.

Also, I think people forget about the mini games...yes, the mini games. With my maxed pirate, I usually will hit Rogue's Range the maxed 10 times you are allowed per day. For 6-7 minutes work per round, I always get between 3000-4000 gold between actual gold and sellable gear (you have to reach level 7+ for all 4 rewards, I think- which is pretty easy). If you are a maxed pirate and reach the all 4 item reward level, you will get 1 level 55+ or 60+ pirate gear to sell, 1 high level Aquila ship gear to sell and between 800-1600 gold (so far in my experiences). So 4000 pretty much guaranteed gold for 6-7 minutes of work isn't that bad at all.

Another option of course is getting a group of pirates together and hit the Skyway for some good ol' ship farming. Blast away at some Ophidians or Vultures, along with Pluton and Spartacos, in Achaean Way and scoop up your bounty of gold and ship parts to sell or keep.

Also, Cadmus is a decent 1 battle boss to farm- he has great pirate gear to keep or sell and multiple chests with gold. And there is always the chest in the 'room' with him that re-spawns every battle. The only downfall is dealing with those pesky multi-healing Eagle Shades. But once you get into the rhythm they are pretty easy to dispose of in a decent amount of time.

So, take your pick and mix it up. Just keep it fun and interesting and watch your pirate's gold skyrocket!