Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Magnificent Seven

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I just want to thank you Blind Mew for creating the Magnificent Seven and would like to point out their real-life references!
  • Jane Canary- Coming from the Old-West hero Calamity Jane Canary. She DID know Wild Bill Hickok very well.
  • Wild Bill Peacock- Coming from the Old-west hero Wild Bill Hickok. He coincidentally died in a place called Deadwood.
  • Duck Holiday- A hero's reference (Doc Holiday's to be precise) . Like in the game, Doc Holiday really did suffer from a coughing disease called Turberculosis.
  • Bat Masterson- Coming from an Old-West hero who knew Wyatt Earp pretty well, his real name is the same as his game name.
  • Buffalo Bill Cody- Coming from the Old-West hero that I actually saw a grave of Buffalo Bill Cody (his game-name is the same as his fake). He was quite rich.
  • Billy The Kid- Billy was actually not a hero at all, in fact he was very very infamous for his conniving ways, and like the past two heroes, his game-name is no different than his real name, Billy The Kid.
  • Wyatt Chirp-This Old-west LEGEND was truly legendary and heroic. He comes from the Old-West Legend/Hero Wyatt Earp. Wyatt has a lot to write about but I'm just going to keep it short and sweet by stating that he knew all of these people really well as friends except for Buffalo Bill and Billy the Kid.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
1Of1Musketeer on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
I just want to thank you Blind Mew for creating the Magnificent Seven and would like to point out their real-life references!
  • Jane Canary- Coming from the Old-West hero Calamity Jane Canary. She DID know Wild Bill Hickok very well.
  • Wild Bill Peacock- Coming from the Old-west hero Wild Bill Hickok. He coincidentally died in a place called Deadwood.
  • Duck Holiday- A hero's reference (Doc Holiday's to be precise) . Like in the game, Doc Holiday really did suffer from a coughing disease called Turberculosis.
  • Bat Masterson- Coming from an Old-West hero who knew Wyatt Earp pretty well, his real name is the same as his game name.
  • Buffalo Bill Cody- Coming from the Old-West hero that I actually saw a grave of Buffalo Bill Cody (his game-name is the same as his fake). He was quite rich.
  • Billy The Kid- Billy was actually not a hero at all, in fact he was very very infamous for his conniving ways, and like the past two heroes, his game-name is no different than his real name, Billy The Kid.
  • Wyatt Chirp-This Old-west LEGEND was truly legendary and heroic. He comes from the Old-West Legend/Hero Wyatt Earp. Wyatt has a lot to write about but I'm just going to keep it short and sweet by stating that he knew all of these people really well as friends except for Buffalo Bill and Billy the Kid.
Great history info and fun stuff to know. Thank you for all the time you put into this. All these characters had such colorful lives. I would love to see if they approve of their way of being memorialized in such a fun way in our game.

Captain
May 13, 2011
now i get to know the real peoples history. thanks for sharing with us. i finally know about duck holidays coughing fit

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Great history info and fun stuff to know. Thank you for all the time you put into this. All these characters had such colorful lives. I would love to see if they approve of their way of being memorialized in such a fun way in our game.
You're Welcome!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
I would like to add something about Duck Holliday. His real life counterpart was not always a hero. He was an outlaw, somedays as a lawman. But that is what I like about him. The fact that he is sort of neutral in the west, is something I can like.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Justin299oo on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
I would like to add something about Duck Holliday. His real life counterpart was not always a hero. He was an outlaw, somedays as a lawman. But that is what I like about him. The fact that he is sort of neutral in the west, is something I can like.
Yes yes, this is kind of true, but he was really most of the time framed. He did gamble, and he was convicted of a murder at a hotel but most of the time, Doc Holliday fought injustices and outlaws, and even helped a very very great lawman known as Wyatt Earp at the O.K. Corral (a famous gunfight), and was quite his friend!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
1Of1Musketeer on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
Yes yes, this is kind of true, but he was really most of the time framed. He did gamble, and he was convicted of a murder at a hotel but most of the time, Doc Holliday fought injustices and outlaws, and even helped a very very great lawman known as Wyatt Earp at the O.K. Corral (a famous gunfight), and was quite his friend!
That, and I can't wait for when he joins my mercenary guild! He could be my new right hand man, but I don't know anyone who could replace Wing Chun though.