Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What happened to the Armada?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
What happened to the Armada? I mean we ONLY fight Decan at the beginning of the game, and when I say beginning of the game, I mean the tutorial. Also we need to fight Kane. And, there are more Armada troops in the puppet show that tells us about the Armada. Don't get me wrong, I love the plot, and I'm not mad. But what happened to the Armada?

Developer
Well, if you've seen the Armada puppet show, then you've already met them scouring the ruins on the Isle of Doom, and you've seen them conspiring to steal a piece of the map. At the end of that chapter you'll go to Valencia, and get a hint of what the world they intend to build. I take it you haven't played very far yet - Deacon will make two more appearances including a climactic showdown. And there's a LOT more after that.

You are right to point out that the beginning of the game has very few encounters with the Armada, but from a story standpoint it's for very good reason. They're the big bad, an irresistible force that threatens the whole Spiral. If they come at you outright, when you're level 10, in order for them to really be the villains they're cracked up to be they'd just slaughter you. Game over. So, for the first chunk of the story you keep to clear of them, hunting for Map pieces at the outer edges of the Spiral.

I have 20 Books to fill - so we opted for a slow burn. Keep them ominous and mysterious in the background, and gradually move them into the light. Once you're level 50 or so, your relationship with them will change - drastically. You'll shift from running from them or avoiding them to taking them on directly. And trust me, once you declare war on the Armada, you'll know it.

Fight Kane? You'll get your chance. But believe me, he'd slaughter a beginning character in seconds.If i have my way, he'll be able to beat a level 80 character with one hand tied behind his back. Beating Kane is going to be the climax of the whole story - all in due time. The readiness is all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blind Mew on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you've seen the Armada puppet show, then you've already met them scouring the ruins on the Isle of Doom, and you've seen them conspiring to steal a piece of the map. At the end of that chapter you'll go to Valencia, and get a hint of what the world they intend to build. I take it you haven't played very far yet - Deacon will make two more appearances including a climactic showdown. And there's a LOT more after that.

You are right to point out that the beginning of the game has very few encounters with the Armada, but from a story standpoint it's for very good reason. They're the big bad, an irresistible force that threatens the whole Spiral. If they come at you outright, when you're level 10, in order for them to really be the villains they're cracked up to be they'd just slaughter you. Game over. So, for the first chunk of the story you keep to clear of them, hunting for Map pieces at the outer edges of the Spiral.

I have 20 Books to fill - so we opted for a slow burn. Keep them ominous and mysterious in the background, and gradually move them into the light. Once you're level 50 or so, your relationship with them will change - drastically. You'll shift from running from them or avoiding them to taking them on directly. And trust me, once you declare war on the Armada, you'll know it.

Fight Kane? You'll get your chance. But believe me, he'd slaughter a beginning character in seconds.If i have my way, he'll be able to beat a level 80 character with one hand tied behind his back. Beating Kane is going to be the climax of the whole story - all in due time. The readiness is all.
*Gulps * Please take your time Sir Mew.
As always thank you for your amazing peek into your fantastic story. *Reaches for bookmarks on all those guides on how to be a smarter pirate*

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012

Slaughter a lvl 80 Pirate with one hand tied behind his back??!!!!!!!???!!!
Now I'm Scared!

Captain
May 16, 2011

........He can defeat a level 80 pirate with one hand tied behind his back?

Like Chrissy said, take as much time as you need.

*Goes in desperate and futile search for Caligistro G.*

"Remember kid, there are heroes and legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die." ~Babe Ruth, The Sandlot

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Actually, I've beaten the whole game (I beat it kind of a LONG time ago), I just forgot about some times. I also totally forgot about the time we beat Deacon right before we go to Moo Shu.

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013

0___0
...Really? I'm only level 59!!!

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012

Wow just hearing level 80 gave me goosebumps, and then to hear that level 80 can be be defeated by Kane so easily got me so excited I almost fell out of my chair! Can't wait for the next update and more to come!

First Mate
May 01, 2012
When we fight Kane, that will definitely be an EPIC fight! I understand that will probably be the end of this section of Pirate101 but, I hope, that there will be a lot more of Pirate101 when we reach that part of the story. Definitely take all the time you need!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
What happened to the Armada? I mean we ONLY fight Decan at the beginning of the game, and when I say beginning of the game, I mean the tutorial. Also we need to fight Kane. And, there are more Armada troops in the puppet show that tells us about the Armada. Don't get me wrong, I love the plot, and I'm not mad. But what happened to the Armada?
I'm so sorry that I forgot to be more specific and say that I'm a level 65 Witchdoctor. That's why you (the Blind Mew) thought that I had not gotten far in the game when I actually beat it.

Captain
May 13, 2011

well, do we see kane before fighting him any time? you dont have to tell me when, just a hint. you seem to be the person who takes care of the plot

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
well, do we see kane before fighting him any time? you dont have to tell me when, just a hint. you seem to be the person who takes care of the plot
The Blind Mew Does come up with the plot.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
"He'd be able to beat a lvl 80 character with one hand tied behind his back"!!!!!!

Hey, Blind Mew? Can we go find G soon? As in RIGHT NOW??!!