Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loopholes, Paradoxes and confusing questions...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Q1- When we are fighting ghost enemies, how do they die? Ghosts are already dead, and swords and bullets just go through them, unless a magic attack is used I Think.

Q2- Say, what happens if you fill the entire battle board with hydra heads?

Q3- What would happen if you ported to a person who was just logging off?

Q4- The armada seems to have emotion. They display anger, power and obedience in thier speech. Either some magic is used since AI is too advanced, or some of them are human.

Q5- Are One Eyed Jack and Harvey Deuce brothers?

Q6- What is the fabled Sy-Dragoon armada unit? That would be telling, so I just we have to find out later...

That's all for now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
Q1- When we are fighting ghost enemies, how do they die? Ghosts are already dead, and swords and bullets just go through them, unless a magic attack is used I Think.

Q4- The armada seems to have emotion. They display anger, power and obedience in thier speech. Either some magic is used since AI is too advanced, or some of them are human.

Q6- What is the fabled Sy-Dragoon armada unit? That would be telling, so I just we have to find out later...

That's all for now.
I might be able to give credible theories for some of these.
Q-1 No one dies here. They just get knocked out and are revived at the life fountain.
Q-3 You either wind up at a life fountain or you port back to where you came from. I have had people lose connection just as I ported and I just re-poofed back to where I came from.
The rest is for other inquiring minds.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I'll give a couple of these a shot :

Q1: Waving my hands around, with no data to support me, I would venture to say that to make a visible presence, a ghost would need to use energy and thus be composed of some sort of plasma/energy... stuff. Since many of our weapons have an energy or magical attack, that would damage the ghost's manifestations. (And it's a lot easier to have everybody's attack work on a game level, than restrict to only magical attacks or whatever, though that could be an option for quite high level enemies)

Q4: Well, Golden Guardian, you've probably seen my thoughts on this , that Kane and the upper eschelon of the Armada are not merely mechanical, not really robotic. Perhaps you have already experienced this feeling already: have you ever had a toy that you really loved, so that it seemed to you that it really could be alive, in some mysterious way? I know I have, and still when I make dolls I fill my mind with the most pure and happy thoughts, imagining that this infuses a toy that I hope will be a child's cherished companion.

A case in point might be the Russian folk tale Vasilisa the Brave. When Vasilisa was small, her dying mother made her a doll, and the doll -symbol of her mother's blessing- remains the girl's constant companion. But when her wicked family send her to ask Baba Yaga a favor (a sentence of death, they think), the doll comes alive and helps Vasilisa complete the impossible tasks Baba Yaga demands of her. In so doing, Vasilisa earns not only the favor requested of Baba Yaga but also her blessing (and inadvertently, revenge for the evil her family wished on her. Baba Yaga is an enigmatic character). The doll does not have human needs (though as I recall, it will eat a crumb that Vasilisa gives her), but it does speak, think, and acts. It is Love that animates the doll.

And that does beg the question, what animates Kane? I'm quite sure it is not love...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I'll give a couple of these a shot :

Q1: Waving my hands around, with no data to support me, I would venture to say that to make a visible presence, a ghost would need to use energy and thus be composed of some sort of plasma/energy... stuff. Since many of our weapons have an energy or magical attack, that would damage the ghost's manifestations. (And it's a lot easier to have everybody's attack work on a game level, than restrict to only magical attacks or whatever, though that could be an option for quite high level enemies)

Q4: Well, Golden Guardian, you've probably seen my thoughts on this , that Kane and the upper eschelon of the Armada are not merely mechanical, not really robotic. Perhaps you have already experienced this feeling already: have you ever had a toy that you really loved, so that it seemed to you that it really could be alive, in some mysterious way? I know I have, and still when I make dolls I fill my mind with the most pure and happy thoughts, imagining that this infuses a toy that I hope will be a child's cherished companion.

A case in point might be the Russian folk tale Vasilisa the Brave. When Vasilisa was small, her dying mother made her a doll, and the doll -symbol of her mother's blessing- remains the girl's constant companion. But when her wicked family send her to ask Baba Yaga a favor (a sentence of death, they think), the doll comes alive and helps Vasilisa complete the impossible tasks Baba Yaga demands of her. In so doing, Vasilisa earns not only the favor requested of Baba Yaga but also her blessing (and inadvertently, revenge for the evil her family wished on her. Baba Yaga is an enigmatic character). The doll does not have human needs (though as I recall, it will eat a crumb that Vasilisa gives her), but it does speak, think, and acts. It is Love that animates the doll.

And that does beg the question, what animates Kane? I'm quite sure it is not love...
*Adds another book to 'List of good books to read'* Thanks once again Anne for enriching my life in more fantastic new ways.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012

That's all for now.
Q1. I always imagine that when we defeat a ghost they go back to the spirit world. Dead people in the game are neither living nor dead so when you beat them they actually die. Just guessing. As for bullets and swords going through them, I don't have an answer.
Q2.Nobody could move so you and the hydra heads would just stand in the same spot and only the one's around you would attack you.
Q3.What Chrissy said.
Q4.KI had to give them some emotion otherwise you wouldn't be as happy when you destroy one. Their emotion makes them more sinister.
Q5.Me and you are both human but we aren't related. Just because someone in the game is the same species as the other doesn't mean their related. Although it doesn't mean their not...
Q6.?????????????????????????

Community Leader
I have a couple of gold dubloons to throw out there....

Q1: Technically from the games perspective no one "dies", they are simply "defeated". However as far as ghostly/spirited foes, we could just say we Exorcised them.... helped them "see the light" hehe.

Q2: Although I have never done this, I have come close. Was very interesting, and yes, we still won, but took quite awhile.

Q3: I have seen 3 different things occur from this combination.
1. Go nowhere (port didn't happen)
2. Go where pirate you were porting to WAS.
3. End up stuck in the sky or some place slightly off map.

Q4: Hey, even Commander Data had an emotion chip. Maybe that "Toymaker" is smarter than we think.

Q5: I actually think I saw Jack answer this once before, or I may be thinking of another reference, I think its just another character from the same world.

Q6: Haven't even heard of this "fabled" unit, was this mentioned in the game?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It is possible that the fabled dragoons have the jump ability that would remove them from the battlefield and put them out of range and into the air for one turn. Then they jump down on you attacking from above.

Maybe Kane was once human himself or he's in love with the queen. Although the queen of hearts caused her king to kill himself. hmm It could also be that some of the armada generals had spirits place into them. That they are the lost souls from a destroyed world. Or maybe from a terrible curse.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Waponi Wu and Volacno Isle House Contradiction:

If you payed attention in science, you will find that volcanoes are connected to deep chambers of magma that are connected to to centre of the earth. So the lava travels from under the earth (as magma) and into the volcano, which then burps it out explosively.

Waponi Wu and Volcano Isle house is floating in the middle of the sky, with no connection deep below in the earth. So where does the lava pop out from

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:

If you payed attention in science, you will find that volcanoes are connected to deep chambers of magma that are connected to to centre of the earth. So the lava travels from under the earth (as magma) and into the volcano, which then burps it out explosively.

Waponi Wu and Volcano Isle house is floating in the middle of the sky, with no connection deep below in the earth. So where does the lava pop out from
Osmosis?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:

O good, another idea to play with! Though I think Waponi Wu isn't a highly explosive volcano, the pyroclastic kind (isn't that a great word!), more like the volcanoes of the Hawaiian Islands -- dangerous enough, but not exploding with great force.

So now, since volcanoes occur on Earth where the tectonic plates meet and interact, how could the Spiral - which has been torn apart - have plate tectonics? Perhaps many of the islands do not, but perhaps Waponi Wu is composed of two plates, and their sliding and/or pulling opens up a magma chamber, creating the volcano.

Which begs the question of how these islands floating independently in the worlds have enough mass to create the high temperatures and pressures needed for molten cores. But then, how do we do elaborate flips, kicks, and other feats of defying gravity? Answer: physics in the Spiral is different! (So sorry, Sir Isaac Newton )

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009

That's all for now.
I can answer most of these because its happened to me before :D

Q1, they don't die, no one dies, just wounded and have to be restored at life fountain, KI doesn't include dying as part of this game

Q2: happened to me before, complete torture to hit the ebon head, will sometimes cause the ebon head to spawn on top of one of the hydra heads, NOT cool :(

Q3: 4 things happen, (1)you port to skull island, (2) the HOME PORT of the world, (aka cool ranch, you spawn in coopers roost docks) (3)simply port to where you were when you started the teleport,(4) or if your fast enough, port to them as they disappear, which means it was a successful teleport

Q4: just because their programmed doesn't mean they cant alter their voice to match their processors

Q5: sorry mate you gotta ask Jack yourself (doubt that's true though)

Q6: a new armada unit that's gunna die(oh sorry, get wounded) once I meet it :D