Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

wizard again?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
when ranked pvp comes out i already see the complaints about certain companions talents and powers. then people get angry and things get nerfed i play for pve not pvp so why should my people and talents be weaker for a reason i will never use the same thing happened on my life wizard and was a main reason i gave up and moved on to pirate101 so will history repeat itself?

Kai Sawkins privateer

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
the purple captian on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
when ranked pvp comes out i already see the complaints about certain companions talents and powers. then people get angry and things get nerfed i play for pve not pvp so why should my people and talents be weaker for a reason i will never use the same thing happened on my life wizard and was a main reason i gave up and moved on to pirate101 so will history repeat itself?

Kai Sawkins privateer
I agree with you here Kai. I too don't play PvP, besides trying it out a few times. I would also not like to see certain things about my beloved crew being changed because of something that I don't use or take part in. I do understand other player's (who enjoy PvP) arguments and their desire to level the playing field. But for someone like me who gets so engrossed in the storyline and dialogue, without feeling the need or desire to engage in PvP, it kind of would be disappointing if my (or people of the same nature) gameplay and crew was changed by an aspect of the game that I don't even participate in. It would be nice if there was a way to accommodate both styles of play, but that may be hard to accomplish. So I guess they will make decisions on what the greater demand is. Hopefully, it won't change the way the game flows, as the artistic ingenuity behind creating the game, story, worlds, characters, dialogue and quest lines will always be what draws me to the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I completely agree. Case in point, over there is the PvP'ers complained that the healing pets were making the battles way too long. So now me, a player that never PvP's and thoroughly loved and needed my pet keeping me alive when my cards just won't cooperate now barely will heal because of something that I never use or will get any benefit from. If they didn't like how the pet healed they why didn't they just not take there pets into PvP battles? Just my humble opinion. My gameplay is much harder because of a side activity that I never do. It just didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I really pray that the powers that be on this side of the spiral will take heed from the trends over there and not try to fix something that isn't broken. Sorry PvPers I know this will not be a popular opinion, I love ya anyway, but on some things ya have to chose an opinion and just leave it at that hope and keep the personal aspect cooled way off so no one gets too hot or hurt. It's just a game guys.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
I agree with you here Kai. I too don't play PvP, besides trying it out a few times. I would also not like to see certain things about my beloved crew being changed because of something that I don't use or take part in. I do understand other player's (who enjoy PvP) arguments and their desire to level the playing field. But for someone like me who gets so engrossed in the storyline and dialogue, without feeling the need or desire to engage in PvP, it kind of would be disappointing if my (or people of the same nature) gameplay and crew was changed by an aspect of the game that I don't even participate in. It would be nice if there was a way to accommodate both styles of play, but that may be hard to accomplish. So I guess they will make decisions on what the greater demand is. Hopefully, it won't change the way the game flows, as the artistic ingenuity behind creating the game, story, worlds, characters, dialogue and quest lines will always be what draws me to the game.
you took the words outta my mouth!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
the purple captian on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
you took the words outta my mouth!
Thanks, just let me know if you need them back in the future