Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

hybrid weapons and skills

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 13, 2011
there have been some weapons i call "hybrid weapons" which are a mix of swords/guns/staffs. if i use a weapon like a kit (sword/pistol), will i be able to use both shooting and melee moves? im asking this since i got a guaranteed melee critical on my witchdoctor gear and back stab on my musketeer gear and i just want to make sure its not a waste

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
there have been some weapons i call "hybrid weapons" which are a mix of swords/guns/staffs. if i use a weapon like a kit (sword/pistol), will i be able to use both shooting and melee moves? im asking this since i got a guaranteed melee critical on my witchdoctor gear and back stab on my musketeer gear and i just want to make sure its not a waste
You can always check by putting the weapon on then checking your powers list. If anything is greyed out then you know that that particular weapon will limit what you can fight with.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Yes, you will. I still prefer Moo Manchu's Wand, and My Frostlock (for the range) on my Dr. and Gunner, but you can use Melee cards on "hybrid" weapons that include slashy, smashy, or stabby classification. The Frostlocks have a bayonet charge attack melee card on them, but sadly don't allow us to use other melee card attacks, like Vicious Charge, or Assassin's Strike.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
So far the only weapon type I've seen to have this problem is Smashy/Shooty. You can't use power cards like Assassin Strike or Vicious Charge even though the weapon requirements to use them are met. All other weapon types are working fine though.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
I recently found a Shooty/Staffy weapon from Marleybone. My Witchdocter was happy to use it because he had some gear with powers that required a Shooty weapon(Boots that gave Inferno Round). But sadly, the weapon did NOT benifit from my Will, my Staffy weapons talents, or Spirit Sight, despite all the requirements being met. Could someone look into this?

Jacob

Wicked Warwick

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I want to note that while you can use skills for ranged and melee hybrids (with Smashy/shooty being the exception), your normal attack (without any powers) is forced into melee.