Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is El Toro good at all?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
NO. He is the BEST. He really outshines the others. Even the samoorai are jealous of him!

Kobe: Ahem! You had to mention us in that little sentence, did you?
Taro: She's just bragging about the masked bull guy in golden lace. No big deal, Kobe.
Kobe: Hmph! Fine then. Just know that samoorai can fight, too ya know!
Monkey King: Don't forget about me! I beat the monquistadors!
Vero: Who is this gangly monkey in ridiculous armor to disrespect the monquistan race?
Monkey King: Gangly? I'm not gangly, I just came from Mooshu, that's all!
Vero: Oh, so now you LIE to me? Prepare to fight, you disrespectful primate!
Cheryl: Do I hear fighting in here? Monkey King and Vero Chavez! How many times did I tell you to play nice and to not take revenge! No dinner for you!

Anyway... forget my "El Toro no good!" thread! Despite his new promo look, he is AMAZING!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol Kudos to you for learning and growing and realizing your error and for the wonderfully creative way of expressing it. Well done.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Lol Kudos to you for learning and growing and realizing your error and for the wonderfully creative way of expressing it. Well done.
No, I did this because a lot of people were screaming at me for making that thread...

El Toro: At last, the lady has spoken! She is to bring complete justice and respect to... EL TORO! (music)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I like your dialog, Cherry. Very amusing interplay of characters, and you've especially got el Toro down very well!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Me: "So, El Toro is better than Samoorai, eh?"
El Toro: "Excellente! Finally, my captain, you have realized that I, EL TORO (trumpet), am better than Samoorai!"
Wagyu: "IMPOSSIBLE!! The captain knows that I am the deadliest Samoorai on this ship! Even with my inability to use promotion moves, I am still the best!"
Hidenari: NEVER! I was the first Samoorai to come to the captain's cause! I can hit a GRAPE from 5 squares with my bamboo bow and steel arrows, Wagyu! Therefore, I am the best!
Taro: "HA! I am from a legendary clan, known for their unbeatable skills with a blade! You will NEVER best me! The captain knows this! I will best all 3 of you!" Masamune Goto is staying out of this and just stands at my side.
Masamune: "Pitiful. They spit only insults at each other, not proving a single thing. I shall keep my honor intact and stay by your side, my lord." Soon, a true battle erupts.
El Toro: "Now, we fight! Prepare to feel the wrath of EL TORO!!!" (trumpet again).
All 3 Samoorai: "BANZAIII!" The fight erupts, and my nice clean meeting room is being re-arranged in the worst way possible. I think back to how peaceful Equestria was, and I just sigh.
Me:"Oh Celestia, save me from this madness!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
No, I did this because a lot of people were screaming at me for making that thread...

El Toro: At last, the lady has spoken! She is to bring complete justice and respect to... EL TORO! (music)
Please dear, no one was screaming at you. This is the place to voice your opinion and your differences to others opinions. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't necessarily mean you are wrong It just means that you have a difference of opinion. We all have different experiences and different ways of seeing things. All views are welcome here as long as they are constructive in their criticisms and show kindness in explaining their side then it is all welcome. There is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree. No one was yelling or saying you were bad or wrong. Only that they thought different than you did.
Well ok, maybe Toro was a bit miffed but ya gotta take into account his excess of ego.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i think this is gonna lead to a kobe vs el toro thread. sarah already took that place, but theres always space for another right?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Please dear, no one was screaming at you. This is the place to voice your opinion and your differences to others opinions. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't necessarily mean you are wrong It just means that you have a difference of opinion. We all have different experiences and different ways of seeing things. All views are welcome here as long as they are constructive in their criticisms and show kindness in explaining their side then it is all welcome. There is nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree. No one was yelling or saying you were bad or wrong. Only that they thought different than you did.
Well ok, maybe Toro was a bit miffed but ya gotta take into account his excess of ego.
Aww... You're sweet. I kind of like that thing in you.

Oh, and to warriorscreed, great job on the dialogue. Too funny!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Aww... You're sweet. I kind of like that thing in you.

Oh, and to warriorscreed, great job on the dialogue. Too funny!
LOL, thanks! I'm a bookwriter, so I've learned how to make dialogue hilarious! Again, thanks for the comment!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
i think this is gonna lead to a kobe vs el toro thread. sarah already took that place, but theres always space for another right?
Kobe: Oh... Don't even start... You know I can't beat a huge bull in golden bling...
Cheryl: Don't say that! You deal more damage than him you know!
Sarah: You know... I can't do it either... I'm just a wee little mouse...
Esmerelda: Well, Sarah... We're always Swashbuckling BFFS!
Sarah: At least the captain loves me despite my poor dodge and accuracy...
El Toro: Haha! Fools! You will not truly know the strength and power of... EL TORO! (music)
Cheryl: Oh my goodness...

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Kobe: Oh... Don't even start... You know I can't beat a huge bull in golden bling...
Cheryl: Don't say that! You deal more damage than him you know!
Sarah: You know... I can't do it either... I'm just a wee little mouse...
Esmerelda: Well, Sarah... We're always Swashbuckling BFFS!
Sarah: At least the captain loves me despite my poor dodge and accuracy...
El Toro: Haha! Fools! You will not truly know the strength and power of... EL TORO! (music)
Cheryl: Oh my goodness...
Wagyu: "There is now no need to do a showdown with my cousin and El Toro involved. We have taken care of that arrogant fool! We 3 Samoorai teamed up and defeated him single-handedly! To mark the occasion, the 3 of us are calling ourselves The 3 Samootiers from now on!"
Taro: "Ah yes! Our victory over that gold-laced ball dancer has heaved great shame upon him and great honor has been bestowed on us!"

Hidenari: "We are sorry about the meeting room, my lord. We'll clean it up."

Me: "Good! I have to say, that was intense!"

Masamune: "Indeed it was, my lord. However, I am happy I stayed out of that fight. I never knew Samoorai hated arrogant crime fighters."

: "I am certainly NOT arrogant!" All of us turn around to see El Toro, visibly mad and ready for a fight.

Hidenari: "H-HOW!? My knots are the best in Mooshu! How did you untie yourself and escape from a cell!?"

El Toro: "HAHA! Remember, I have been captured thousands of times by corrupt politicians, thieves, and brigands! I have learned how to escape anything! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED BY THE MIGHT OF EL TORO!!!(epic trumpet!)" Another fight erupts, and all 4 Samoorai attack El Toro while I watch in amazement and horror. This time, my meeting room is utterly destroyed.

Me:"*sigh*Maybe I should head back to Equestria for a few days. These guys are driving me BONKERS!!"

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Cheryl: Don't worry, pal. You know how those... SAMOORAI are... Ugh...
Kobe: What? What's wrong with us?
Cheryl: Sorry, Kobe, but you get mad too much, and think too high of yourselves... You bulls...
Kobe: Yeah, but my anger is NOTHING compared to... his!
Kan: Don't worry, dragonfly. Don't try to think too much. We'll help clean this room up.
Hannah: We've seen it all. The captain's room is being torn to pieces. This has to be restored.
Mysterious Privateer: Oh, thank you, you guys. Thank you.
Kan: You are most welcome. Hannah's telepathy was like a light that guided us to the exit of a cave.
Hannah: Uh.... yeah. (to the samoorai and El Toro) Alright, you guys! Break it up! This thread is to make up for a mistake, not to trash a pirate's meeting room to pieces with your... silly! Inadequate! Shameful! Disrespect towards another piece of property! Let's just say that nobody is better than anybody else. Everyone has their ups and downs and their own personalities. Don't judge people by their looks, please.
Kan: (shocked) I couldn't have said that better myself....
Kobe: She is right... For a witch, she has a good point there....
El Toro: She is right... maybe I shouldn't be so high and mighty... I'm sorry...

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Cheryl: Sorry, Kobe, but you get mad too much, and think too high of yourselves... You bulls...
Kan: Don't worry, dragonfly. Don't try to think too much. We'll help clean this room up.
Hannah: We've seen it all. The captain's room is being torn to pieces. This has to be restored.
Kan: You are most welcome. Hannah's telepathy was like a light that guided us to the exit of a cave.
Hannah: Uh.... yeah. (to the samoorai and El Toro) Alright, you guys! Break it up! This thread is to make up for a mistake, not to trash a pirate's meeting room to pieces with your... silly! Inadequate! Shameful! Disrespect towards another piece of property! Let's just say that nobody is better than anybody else. Everyone has their ups and downs and their own personalities. Don't judge people by their looks, please.
El Toro: She is right... maybe I shouldn't be so high and mighty... I'm sorry...
Me: "*Notices that his human cover form is starting to vanish*. Oh boy."
El Toro: "My Captain, what is happening to you!?"
Me: "*Skin turns neon-blue, hair turns neon-green. Grows 4 wings, a horn on head, and a pony tail grows behind him.*........Darn. Celestia told me that this form would wear off after a month! Anyway, back to the point. El Toro, listen. You need to learn to control your arrogance and your pride. Do that, and you will be one of the finest Swashbucklers on this ship!
Everyone after seeing me transform:""

Me: "Oh, come on guys. Are you going to stare at me like this for the rest of the day? Anyway, thanks for helping clean up my meeting room, it looks amazing now!"

El Toro: "I am ashamed of myself for getting out of control like this captain. I am deeply sorry."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Brilliant conclusion to a great series. Fun writing all of you. Lol, indeed very giggle worthy.

Captain
May 13, 2011
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
and then hawkules enters...

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
i have to say i'd take Iago over Mr. Toro anyday

Iago: aha! I told you, you little bull man

Toro: our young captain has yet to even find egg foo young he will grow into me

Kai: at least Iago wheres the flag colors

Bonnie: UNITE UNDER THE BLUE AND RED!

Toro: yes well uhh he isnt a champion of the night haHA!

Nanu Nanu: well the gray one is a horned horse!

Ratbeard: would you just fight already!

Kai: why dont you fight?

Emmet: five bottles of yum on the bull

Toro: Fine to battle!

Iago: *blocks many hits from Toro and prepare's to hit when*

Egg Shen: FIIIIIIIIIGHT!

(everyone on deck starts fighting and there is no clear winner)

But it's not fair that el toro doesn't where my colors he has great attacks but Iago (wheres my colors) and hes the attack and stats that make him amazing!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Tsk, tsk. All this fighting. We know that they are both swashbucklers. We know they both have the damage spike. We know they have low health. Sure, Toro has a buff. But he doesn't have a guarenteed critical. Kobe has a guarenteed crit. But he doesn't have a buff. I may just have gotten to Haunted Skyway, but I know that... Kobe's better! Sorry Toro!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
the purple captian on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
i have to say i'd take Iago over Mr. Toro anyday

Iago: aha! I told you, you little bull man

Toro: our young captain has yet to even find egg foo young he will grow into me

Kai: at least Iago wheres the flag colors

Bonnie: UNITE UNDER THE BLUE AND RED!

Toro: yes well uhh he isnt a champion of the night haHA!

Nanu Nanu: well the gray one is a horned horse!

Ratbeard: would you just fight already!

Kai: why dont you fight?

Emmet: five bottles of yum on the bull

Toro: Fine to battle!

Iago: *blocks many hits from Toro and prepare's to hit when*

Egg Shen: FIIIIIIIIIGHT!

(everyone on deck starts fighting and there is no clear winner)

But it's not fair that el toro doesn't where my colors he has great attacks but Iago (wheres my colors) and hes the attack and stats that make him amazing!
I am not sure what level you are currently in the game but once you finish Miranda Toro will go home for more comfortable clothes and he will then be wearing your ship's colors.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I hope my el toro wont wear my ship's colors, for they are orange and red,\.I made a mistake.
Also, what lvl will I get my el toro.
I started CR at level 24. I made many stops. I became stuck behind places because I didn't have crowns. So, I am level 37, fighting Imperial Warships in Monquista (main quest). Can anyone tell me what the average level for that point of quest so i can figure out when my el toro will join my crew.

Golden Chris Silver lvl 37

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RyeKishatu2013 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I hope my el toro wont wear my ship's colors, for they are orange and red,\.I made a mistake.
Also, what lvl will I get my el toro.
I started CR at level 24. I made many stops. I became stuck behind places because I didn't have crowns. So, I am level 37, fighting Imperial Warships in Monquista (main quest). Can anyone tell me what the average level for that point of quest so i can figure out when my el toro will join my crew.

Golden Chris Silver lvl 37
El Toro will join you at the end of the Haunted Skyway. What level you are when you accomplish this depends on whether you do side quests or not. It is usually around level 40, give or take a few levels.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I am lvl 40 and I just finished Fort Elena. I might get el toro somewhere in the lvl 50's.