Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bundle Companions After Nausica

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
I'm rather intrigued on how bundle companions after Nausica will come out. What we've seen out of her is a powerful Musketeer who can attack at up close and at a range as well as the first side companion to recieve more than 3 epics over 2 promotions. I'm pretty interested to know how other companions from future bundles will stack up to her.

The only class yet to recieve a bundle themed toward or around them are the Witchdoctors and seeing how the Boochbeard Bundle gave a Swashbuckler Companion, the Cutthroat Bundle gives a Buccaneer Companion, the Admiral Bundle gives a Privateer Companion, and the Empire Bundle gives a Musketeer Companion, it only seems logical that the next bundle to come would include a Witchdoctor Companion (though a permanent Swashbuckler themed bundle could pop up).

If we were to assume that a Witchdoctor bundle was planned and came much later in the year, what do you think the power would be of this companion? Would he/she be like Nausica, and be able to attack at range and up close, or would he/she come with a very large number of powers that will blow away the competition. Or maybe he/she will just be a major powerhouse against other Witchdoctors (which may or may not be a problem seeing as they make up a smaller portion of game enemies). I'd like to see a witchdoctor companion able to get Intiution, or even Swift Retribution.

What are your thoughts?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I'm rather intrigued on how bundle companions after Nausica will come out. What we've seen out of her is a powerful Musketeer who can attack at up close and at a range as well as the first side companion to recieve more than 3 epics over 2 promotions. I'm pretty interested to know how other companions from future bundles will stack up to her.

The only class yet to recieve a bundle themed toward or around them are the Witchdoctors and seeing how the Boochbeard Bundle gave a Swashbuckler Companion, the Cutthroat Bundle gives a Buccaneer Companion, the Admiral Bundle gives a Privateer Companion, and the Empire Bundle gives a Musketeer Companion, it only seems logical that the next bundle to come would include a Witchdoctor Companion (though a permanent Swashbuckler themed bundle could pop up).

If we were to assume that a Witchdoctor bundle was planned and came much later in the year, what do you think the power would be of this companion? Would he/she be like Nausica, and be able to attack at range and up close, or would he/she come with a very large number of powers that will blow away the competition. Or maybe he/she will just be a major powerhouse against other Witchdoctors (which may or may not be a problem seeing as they make up a smaller portion of game enemies). I'd like to see a witchdoctor companion able to get Intiution, or even Swift Retribution.

What are your thoughts?
I was thinking about this myself and I thought of something interesting.

The Bundle could be a Magic or Snake Bundle with some according items and companion for each

The Magic Bundle would have a witchdoctor Bunny (the cute kind) and will have powers that create unbreakable walls that cant be jumped over along with of course plenty of epics (including a new one I will mention later)
along with a magician's looking outfit and a very neat weapon known as the magic wand of mojo which glows and changes colors every few minutes

And the Snake bundle will have a witchdoctor Ophidian (the witchdoctors from Aquila) who can summon plenty of minions including a new power called "Call of the snakes" which summons many snake minions who have the same stats as you (but their's will be cut in half) and a power that doubles the will of every witchdoctor including enemy witchdoctors.
The weapon will be a staff with a snake coiled up around it with the end of the snake forming a cobra hood on the very end of the staff.

also the new epic they have

Undeade Finale
Which does a 100% hit rate 5x attack to the one that killed the person with it

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
"The Magic Bundle would have a witchdoctor Bunny (the cute kind)"
The creativity is strong with this one...
A cute bunny eh? Seems a bit anti climatic concerning the Pirate Themed combat in this game, but then again, who am I to control which companions get introduced?

But all jokes aside, your ideas for those 2 bundles seem very nice

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Well we got a Bundle after all :D

true it isn't a cute bunny or a deadly viper of sorts but we do get a monkey as a companion in it
:D
(see the thread "A prediction gone correct? witchdoctor Bundle?" for info on the newly released bundle)

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Well, KI just released the Hoodoo Bundle in Walmart. It has a Monkey Bokor companion who comes with "Go Bananas" aka Reckless Frenzy. So, I just wonder how this will affect PVP.

Jacob

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Sry, I meant to put this in my previous post(Sorry at this moment in time I'm sleepy lol) but the Hoodoo Bundle is(of course) Witchdocter theamed. Also, it comes with a ship, special Witch-based gear and a special housing item.

Jacob