Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ah! Too many ship enemies!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I am getting very annoyed at computer ship enemies. When I am attacking one ship (even near the skyway!), it seems like some horn as gone off and the whole Ophidian fleet army slithers down the skyway, getting ready to focus fire on one lonely galleon. My galleon feels so squished and constricted amongst all the vipers. Fear is like a venom going through my veins at this stage. The problem is that the vulture pirates decided to join too and see if they can scavenge any remains of me and me ship!

Maybe many enemies can attack you if you are a strong group, but when you are solo it is a nightmare sometimes to be going against 3-4 ships, when you just want to attack one.

Don't tell me to farm for the horn of Vesuvius! Already have that!

I suggest KI should make it easier for us players when we are solo.

P.S: Sorry for the puns, I just think it's very punny.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
I am getting very annoyed at computer ship enemies. When I am attacking one ship (even near the skyway!), it seems like some horn as gone off and the whole Ophidian fleet army slithers down the skyway, getting ready to focus fire on one lonely galleon. My galleon feels so squished and constricted amongst all the vipers. Fear is like a venom going through my veins at this stage. The problem is that the vulture pirates decided to join too and see if they can scavenge any remains of me and me ship!

Maybe many enemies can attack you if you are a strong group, but when you are solo it is a nightmare sometimes to be going against 3-4 ships, when you just want to attack one.

Don't tell me to farm for the horn of Vesuvius! Already have that!

I suggest KI should make it easier for us players when we are solo.

P.S: Sorry for the puns, I just think it's very punny.
Never apologize for your delightful puns. They always make my day.
Those ships just force you to put your sneak on. I have gotten pretty good at watching the patterns and creeping up on that lone straggler and also timing it for when his buddies are turned around and moving away in their rounds. Try not to go into the "Red" zone when you are attacking, that seems to send out an SOS to the others faster. I am not 100% sure it really does that but it sure seems to me that they react to you sooner if you are right on top of your target. Just watch how they move and creep up on the guy on the edge. For the snakes I always go for the one that is nearest Nova Aquila when you put Nova on your right and the ships are on the left. I rarely get interference if I stay to the right side of my target. Then I just back off for a few to heal up and the new ship is always there waiting for me when I am ready. Just remember to wait for when he has moved towards Nova before you attack. If you go for him when he is closer to the left side of his "turf" the next guy over is more likely to notice you.
Just remember that 'We can be verrrrwe, verrrrwe sneeeeeky.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
GG, your pirate defeats stronger, more numerous enemies on the battleboard with finesse, speed and precision. So, why don't you use those traits in broadside combat?

The skill I'm talking about is what I call, "Cutting One Out of the Herd". Don't just charge into the middle of the enemy ships, work from the edges, preferably a corner. engage a single enemy ship and loose a full volley on him. Then, if he has nearby allies, turn back and lead him deeper into that corner and wait for him to catch back up to you before your attack timers run out. Just don't get back into the windlane. If your quarry turns away from you, you led him too far (outside his home range). If he does, just heal up and let your timers catch up before you start over. Often, even extra enemy ships that engaged you will turn back. Cutting One Out of the Herd is useful even in Skull Island skies. A good pirate knows how to use terrain and enemy habits to his advantage.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
The "art" of sinking/boarding ships is kind of like a wolf hunting elk. There's a herd of them, but you just want to get the weakest one. A wolf hides and stalks it's prey and in this case, easing up to an enemy ship and hide from the others. Although most wolves hunt in packs (groups of pirates), there are always some lone wolves (our solo pirates).

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Row4n412 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
GG, your pirate defeats stronger, more numerous enemies on the battleboard with finesse, speed and precision. So, why don't you use those traits in broadside combat?

The skill I'm talking about is what I call, "Cutting One Out of the Herd". Don't just charge into the middle of the enemy ships, work from the edges, preferably a corner. engage a single enemy ship and loose a full volley on him. Then, if he has nearby allies, turn back and lead him deeper into that corner and wait for him to catch back up to you before your attack timers run out. Just don't get back into the windlane. If your quarry turns away from you, you led him too far (outside his home range). If he does, just heal up and let your timers catch up before you start over. Often, even extra enemy ships that engaged you will turn back. Cutting One Out of the Herd is useful even in Skull Island skies. A good pirate knows how to use terrain and enemy habits to his advantage.
I know how go against normal ships. Its just that some various scenarios dont play out so well. They are limited, but still fairly annoying. Every farmed pluton? Occasionally he is in the edge, but quite a bit of time he is in the center of a pack of vulture ships. He usually always stays at the center and does not come to the edge. Should I charge him with quite a bit of ships surrounding him like a circle? No.Therefore I decided to farm Spartacos instead, and he is much easier and drops the exact same things.

Another annoying area is that armada skiff section area in marleybone. Usually you wont find a stray sheep here, rather you find an elite fleet ready to attack anything. 2 by 2 they operate (sometimes even more), watching each others backs.

These 2 areas mainly bother me, and reducing the density of enemy ship area in these places would be lovely. Overall I have no other problems with ship combat.