Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

the write off!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
welcome to the write off! im your host fearless robert spencer. today the judge will be my good friend and companion... el toro! (plays santo poiio theme) (rodrigo)thank you roberto! well i am sure glad to be here! yep toro we are all glad to be here! so let me explain the rules! the pirate who auditions for this write off will compete to write the coolest backstory for there pirate101 character! your post will be reviewed el toro and myself. the winner will be declaired the decaired the best story teller in the spiral! (your posts may be entered on any date time but the day i will say who the winner is is the the 29th. so be sure to get your story posted! thx and have fun!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
welcome to the write off! im your host fearless robert spencer. today the judge will be my good friend and companion... el toro! (plays santo poiio theme) (rodrigo)thank you roberto! well i am sure glad to be here! yep toro we are all glad to be here! so let me explain the rules! the pirate who auditions for this write off will compete to write the coolest backstory for there pirate101 character! your post will be reviewed el toro and myself. the winner will be declaired the decaired the best story teller in the spiral! (your posts may be entered on any date time but the day i will say who the winner is is the the 29th. so be sure to get your story posted! thx and have fun!
This backstory is for Madison.
HER PARENTS!! Find the parents!
A four year old young buccaneer that is named Madison was hiding under her bed from the armada. Man, where they having a total bull-in-a-china-shop syndrome!!
Aha!! Yelled a loud voice you there, Mr. And Mrs. Nitingale!! Come with us!
Madison's parents would have usually said something offensive back, but that 50 minute battle to protect their child, Madison, had tired them out.
Deacon! Take em' to the ship! Exclaimed a loud, sharp voice.
Come out here Ms. Nitingale or you are going to learn the meaning if the word punishment!!!!!
The armada was having yet another bull-in-a-china-shop- act, trying to find Madison.
But they didn't.
Argh!!! I hate failure!
Yhe house was left in Madison's hands.
She decided to clean up, mistaking the lawn mower for the vacuum cleaner.
The blade cut right through every piece of trash. The she decided to instead of shoveling the snow outside, she decided to mow it.
Then the vacuuming stopped she took it inside, when it coughs on fire. Madison couldn't stop the fire. All she could do was watch her house burn down in flames. Her house burned, leaving her homeless. Then the armada caught her a few weeks later, putting her in jail.
At age 9 she broke out, leaving to krokotopia where she learned some of the deadliest move to use in battle.
Then she had to go to skull island, learning the way of the buccaneer under the teachings of Modekai. She got captured again, then getting rescued 2 years later by boochbeard and Gandary.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Oh, dang... Most of mine are pretty dark.. Can't write Emma's cause I'll get in trouble, Keira's isn't impressive enough, and then Amy, Sav, and Val all have completely horrifying pasts... Meh, why the heck. I'll just do Alex since hers isn't too bad.
-

A solitary contour sprinted as fast as she could across the cobblestone paths of Port Regal. A female, aged approximately 14, darted across the area, her straight, long brown ponytail waving behind her. Her hazel eyes scanned ahead beneath blue rimmed glasses, and she wore a simple ensemble of a black jacket, pants and boots. The moonlight cascaded on her silhouette, giving her the ability to see a lot more easily.

She exhaled and ducked behind a wall, fearfully inhaling and exhaling heavily. Carly DeMonelle kept the simple chestnut colored bag she held in her right hand out of view, an obvious attempt to conceal whatever was inside. Carly was a renowned thief, probably the best in all of Skull Island. She spoke fluent Polarian and was a master of disguise, having several identities at her manipulation. But this was different.

Carly was in deep dark trouble. She had recovered (well, stolen) an ancient healing relic meant to bring health to the currently sick governor. But Carly needed it herself- her sister was dying, and she needed it way more than these guys. But fear prickled inside of her- she couldn't win, there were guards everywhere.

But with her incredible hearing, Carly overheard an announcement up north by the church in Port Regal, a loud and stern voice calling out.

"If Carly DeMonelle is found, I demand to have her executed at the nearest possible chance."

That was enough to cause Carly to stiffen. She grimaced, paling- and then glanced over to an open door nearby. An old couple had careless left their door open when going out for a walk, and if Carly was quick, she could carry out an easy little plan.

The brunette walked inside, grabbed some scissors and immediately got to work. Her hand trembled as she brought the scissors to the first lock of hair- gently trimming it from waist length to just beneath shoulder length. She pulled her ponytail out, and began cutting her hair like crazy, then getting to curling it. She shattered her glasses and threw them away, and grabbed some violet contacts she had with her for disguise.

Once she had finished, Carly grabbed a violet dress with a slit to the knee on the left side and quickly threw it on. Now she needed a name.... Alex... Alexandra Fairlead. That worked perfectly.

Alexandra strode out of the place- she had some things to learn.

-

Since there is a character limit, I couldn't make it as descriptive as I wanted. Oh well...

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Hmmm.. which character to pick. Huh. I may as well simplify Scarlet's past. I'm a little short on characters. >.< Darn.

Scarlet woke up to a room full of smoke and her brother's face right in front of her. He sighed and stepped back, his blue eyes relaxing for a moment. "Good, you woke up. Come on, get up, grab a coat and follow me." he said.
"Where are we going Daniel?" Scarlet asked as she noticed that he had regained that wary look in his eyes.
"Away from here, just hurry up and grab your coat. Just because I'm a Novice Pyromancer doesn't mean that I can control the flames forever." he snapped.
Scarlet nodded and quickly sat up and ran to her dresser. She opened several drawers before finding her mother's coat. It was a fine article of clothing, with fur lining the inside to keep the wearer warm. This should be perfect. she thought as she scrambled to pick it up and follow her brother.
She hurried out her room into the hallway, stopping as soon as she exited her room. Before her lay a great wall of flame, jumping and writhing along the walls and floors. It gave the hallway an eerie light.
Ahead of her stood Daniel, the fire lapping around his boots and clothes.Strangely enough, it left no trace of ever having done so. His clothes looked just fine and not a seam was out of place. Even the feather in his cap stood up tall, daring the fire to try to harm it.
"Hold my hand and step into the fire. Trust me on this." he said, extending his hand.
Scarlet took it and slowly laid one foot down onto the burning floor. After a second or two when she felt no pain, she took another step. Daniel nodded and then turned around and began to walk briskly through the hallway to the stairs that led to the back yard.
"Why aren't we heading for Mom and Dad's ship?" Scarlet asked as she hurried to keep up with Daniel.
"This was the Armada's work. I was lucky enough to be awake when I heard their ship approach. It's likely at our docks. Anyways, that's when I went to wake Mom and Dad up, but that's also when they started the fire, so I went back to get you. I figure they'd have preferred it if we both made it out alive." Daniel said, reaching the bottom of the stairs and taking a right turn into the kitchen.
Here the siblings had a small relief, as the walls and floors were made of stone. This blocked the fire from reaching them, although the smoke still chased after them like a wolf after its prey.
From then on they descended another flight of stairs into the cellar. Finally, after navigating through barrels of wine and exotic foods they reached a door. Daniel threw it open and climbed out and turned around to help Scarlet climb out.
"Where do we go now?" Scarlet asked as she followed Daniel into the surrounding land.
"Good question." he replied.
The fact that he gave no answer wasn't lost on either of them.
"How will we leave this island then?" Scarlet asked.
"You got a small ship to sail as a birthday gift, right? Time to see if it works." Daniel answered.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Oh, dang... Most of mine are pretty dark.. Can't write Emma's cause I'll get in trouble, Keira's isn't impressive enough, and then Amy, Sav, and Val all have completely horrifying pasts... Meh, why the heck. I'll just do Alex since hers isn't too bad.
-

A solitary contour sprinted as fast as she could across the cobblestone paths of Port Regal. A female, aged approximately 14, darted across the area, her straight, long brown ponytail waving behind her. Her hazel eyes scanned ahead beneath blue rimmed glasses, and she wore a simple ensemble of a black jacket, pants and boots. The moonlight cascaded on her silhouette, giving her the ability to see a lot more easily.

She exhaled and ducked behind a wall, fearfully inhaling and exhaling heavily. Carly DeMonelle kept the simple chestnut colored bag she held in her right hand out of view, an obvious attempt to conceal whatever was inside. Carly was a renowned thief, probably the best in all of Skull Island. She spoke fluent Polarian and was a master of disguise, having several identities at her manipulation. But this was different.

Carly was in deep dark trouble. She had recovered (well, stolen) an ancient healing relic meant to bring health to the currently sick governor. But Carly needed it herself- her sister was dying, and she needed it way more than these guys. But fear prickled inside of her- she couldn't win, there were guards everywhere.

But with her incredible hearing, Carly overheard an announcement up north by the church in Port Regal, a loud and stern voice calling out.

"If Carly DeMonelle is found, I demand to have her executed at the nearest possible chance."

That was enough to cause Carly to stiffen. She grimaced, paling- and then glanced over to an open door nearby. An old couple had careless left their door open when going out for a walk, and if Carly was quick, she could carry out an easy little plan.

The brunette walked inside, grabbed some scissors and immediately got to work. Her hand trembled as she brought the scissors to the first lock of hair- gently trimming it from waist length to just beneath shoulder length. She pulled her ponytail out, and began cutting her hair like crazy, then getting to curling it. She shattered her glasses and threw them away, and grabbed some violet contacts she had with her for disguise.

Once she had finished, Carly grabbed a violet dress with a slit to the knee on the left side and quickly threw it on. Now she needed a name.... Alex... Alexandra Fairlead. That worked perfectly.

Alexandra strode out of the place- she had some things to learn.

-

Since there is a character limit, I couldn't make it as descriptive as I wanted. Oh well...

Ciao!
Wow that was brilliant. I can only wish you will do more with no limits. Like say Fan Fiction?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
George Gordon was raised by a family of Privateers, but he just wasn't one. Therefore, he knew the Commodore very well, but always dreamed of being taught by Mordekai, the legendary shark hero. After awhile, he ran away to Mooshu and met his mentor and lifelong friend Kobe Yojimbo. As fate had it, his parents were attacked by the Armada while they were looking for him. They wanted to apologize for sending him to the Privateer class and their last wishes were for him and Gaspard to be reunited, and that he learns to be a Buccaneer. Turns out his great great great great grandfather was a Buccaneer! While in Hamamitsu, meditating on the future with his friend Kan Po, the Armada came and knocked him out. When he woke up, the clockworks were trying to convince him that he was meant to serve Kane, and was a clockwork in human form. This actually worked, and he forgot about his life before that. He was about to be promoted to an elite, and be given the name of Pawn, as he was but a mere pawn in Kane's plan to rid the Spiral of piracy. As soon as the armor was put on him, he noticed Kobe in his cell and suddenly remembered his past life. With the help of Boochbeard, he escaped from the Armada. He became known as the Mechanical Buccaneer. When ever he fights with the Armada, he feels a desire to give in and surrender, as marked by his pause in between strikes, but has never revealed his past to his crew, and wants pirates to make peace with the Armada forever.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
I think... I'll write for Kai.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Born in Valencia, one hundred years ago, Kai Alcott's family moved to Mooshu when he was ten. He went to local taverns and learned from traveling wizards, and became a necromancer. Four years later, a civil war sparks, and the peasants are fighting a war against their emperor. Kai fought for the peasants, resurrecting Samoorai to fight. He was ambushed, though, one day by hired ice wizards. They froze him on a raft, and he did not awaken until a hundred years later. He was found by his brother and sister, each also preserved for a century in their own way.
He travels back to Mooshu, only to find himself something of a demon in folklore, as his peasant allies lost and his enemies remember only the dead minions he summoned, and the worst spells he cast.
Distraught, and without a home, the former Wizard returns to his ancestral home, in Valencia. He then is caught up in a Brotherhood plot to destroy a Clockwork Factory, and joins their ranks. One year later, he is fifteen years old, and an influential assassin in the Valencian Assassin's Brotherhood. He is still on a quest for answers though. Answers to two questions:
Where are the rest of the Alcotts? How does one of the most ancient and powerful clans in Valencia just disappear?
There's more, but I'm running out of time.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Hmmm.. which character to pick. Huh. I may as well simplify Scarlet's past. I'm a little short on characters. >.< Darn.

Scarlet woke up to a room full of smoke and her brother's face right in front of her. He sighed and stepped back, his blue eyes relaxing for a moment. "Good, you woke up. Come on, get up, grab a coat and follow me." he said.
"Where are we going Daniel?" Scarlet asked as she noticed that he had regained that wary look in his eyes.
"Away from here, just hurry up and grab your coat. Just because I'm a Novice Pyromancer doesn't mean that I can control the flames forever." he snapped.
Scarlet nodded and quickly sat up and ran to her dresser. She opened several drawers before finding her mother's coat. It was a fine article of clothing, with fur lining the inside to keep the wearer warm. This should be perfect. she thought as she scrambled to pick it up and follow her brother.
She hurried out her room into the hallway, stopping as soon as she exited her room. Before her lay a great wall of flame, jumping and writhing along the walls and floors. It gave the hallway an eerie light.
Ahead of her stood Daniel, the fire lapping around his boots and clothes.Strangely enough, it left no trace of ever having done so. His clothes looked just fine and not a seam was out of place. Even the feather in his cap stood up tall, daring the fire to try to harm it.
"Hold my hand and step into the fire. Trust me on this." he said, extending his hand.
Scarlet took it and slowly laid one foot down onto the burning floor. After a second or two when she felt no pain, she took another step. Daniel nodded and then turned around and began to walk briskly through the hallway to the stairs that led to the back yard.
"Why aren't we heading for Mom and Dad's ship?" Scarlet asked as she hurried to keep up with Daniel.
"This was the Armada's work. I was lucky enough to be awake when I heard their ship approach. It's likely at our docks. Anyways, that's when I went to wake Mom and Dad up, but that's also when they started the fire, so I went back to get you. I figure they'd have preferred it if we both made it out alive." Daniel said, reaching the bottom of the stairs and taking a right turn into the kitchen.
Here the siblings had a small relief, as the walls and floors were made of stone. This blocked the fire from reaching them, although the smoke still chased after them like a wolf after its prey.
From then on they descended another flight of stairs into the cellar. Finally, after navigating through barrels of wine and exotic foods they reached a door. Daniel threw it open and climbed out and turned around to help Scarlet climb out.
"Where do we go now?" Scarlet asked as she followed Daniel into the surrounding land.
"Good question." he replied.
The fact that he gave no answer wasn't lost on either of them.
"How will we leave this island then?" Scarlet asked.
"You got a small ship to sail as a birthday gift, right? Time to see if it works." Daniel answered.
sry i am a bit early guys! i could not wait any longer! anyways, me and el toro have chosen the winner! the winner of this years annual write off is... scarlet freemen! well done scarlet! i loved your backstory! and this concludes this years annual write off! thank you for entering!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
sry i am a bit early guys! i could not wait any longer! anyways, me and el toro have chosen the winner! the winner of this years annual write off is... scarlet freemen! well done scarlet! i loved your backstory! and this concludes this years annual write off! thank you for entering!
Thanks!

I have to say, all of the entries submitted seemed interesting. I loved reading through them and seeing what other players have come up with as back stories for their characters. Each is unique and fun to read, and it was probably fun for the authors to create their stories. (I know I loved writing Scarlet's story!)

I'd say a hefty virtual round of applause should go out to all who entered and a second one should be for you for thinking up this thread.

*Two rounds of applause can be heard from Scarlet's ship as she hurries to get her crew to start clapping for all the good ideas in this thread.*

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
(the contest might be over but hey gotta get this out there for fun :D)

Kai Sawkins' back story

The dark clouds and rain was proof enough of the evil lurking over this dreadful day. a young boy, Kai was eagerly waiting for his parents arrival from there latest treasure hunt. The ship docked the crew came out one by one Kai knew his parents would show up soon but all the people gave him a look of pity like there was a dark secret that he wasn't in on, and oh there was. A young dog pirate native of marelybone (where he was living at the time.) walked up to Kai

"I'm so sorry lad" he whispered looking of to the side refusing to make eye contact. The truth finally sank in. Kai couldn't take it his heart filled with grief he ran, ran to the docks stole a boat and sailed off. soon he found himself in grizzlehelm and was raised by to friendly bears until the age of six teen when he sailed off with a crew of bear warriors. The anger he felt when he learned his parents died raised to the pit of his dark mind he destroyed many armada boats and was later charged with high treason this is when he learned he was a born privateer. He met on the prison boat his dearest friend Reed Stevensen who he sails with now determined to solve the mystery of his parents death.

Kai Sawkins Privateer.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Wow that was brilliant. I can only wish you will do more with no limits. Like say Fan Fiction?
I think she should. Like one of my teachers said: "There should be no limits on creativity."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
pirate101 lover on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I think she should. Like one of my teachers said: "There should be no limits on creativity."
Those are mighty wise words. Thank you for passing them on.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i think chrissy could right a good backstory. come on chrissy! go for it! lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Laughingly picks up gauntlet. Ok, ok Let me think on it a bit. I will at least come up with something for Fair Chrissy Nightingale.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
the story of witty logan quick

his parents where off in the resistance when he was at age 4 they died of mutiany the armada soon found him leading the resistance and was thrown in jail once a weird monkey and pirate saved me i headed back to krokotopia and marelybone to learn the art of hoodoo and leadership i then was seeking out revenge they destroyed krokotopia with nothing left but smoke and trying to destroy marelybone i set out to destroy them

and thats the stroy of witty logan quick combined stroy ;p

witty logan quick level 65 privateer

witty logan quick leveling witchdoctor

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Oh ___ no, I'm not good enough! My skills are nothing!

"Can you at least do a different post and put up that story you did on me?"

V, that's going up on Central, and it probably has too many characters.

"Oh.... But try fan fiction! Or fan art! God, just join the fandom of creativity somehow!"

Ciao!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Yes, she could certainly do much better than me. Mine is nothing compared to the other writings here.

Ciao!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
are you kidding highlander? your story was great! i had a hard time chosing between you and scarlet! you were both great!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Yes, she could certainly do much better than me. Mine is nothing compared to the other writings here.

Ciao!
Now Emma, Don't make me climb in here. Your posts are truly enjoyable and are as cherished as all are here. I never compare one post to another. If it touches my heart then it is golden to me. Trust me, many of your posts, beyond number has indeed touched my heart.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh ___ no, I'm not good enough! My skills are nothing!

"Can you at least do a different post and put up that story you did on me?"

V, that's going up on Central, and it probably has too many characters.

"Oh.... But try fan fiction! Or fan art! God, just join the fandom of creativity somehow!"

Ciao!
Lol, Listen to your ladies, little sister. They speak great wisdom.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012

Ciao!
I've seen your writing, you write really well! I think you could upload your writings to the Fanfiction archives. It would be nice to see them in there!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010

Ciao!
Your story writing is very good compared to my writing.my writing stinks but that's ok and rebbeca would have a horrible backstory.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
krokotopia pirate on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Your story writing is very good compared to my writing.my writing stinks but that's ok and rebbeca would have a horrible backstory.
Rebecca, what I have said to Emma applies to you too. Don't be so down on yourself. Expressing your heart through the written word is never a bad thing and since they are from the depths of who you are they can hardly 'stink'. If you feel you could use some improvement, and we all can use that, then try taking some english and some creative writing courses. I took one when I was in college and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also took vocabulary and grammar courses just for fun and I had a blast in them. I learned so many new things and I was able to hone my skills a great deal. English, grammar and creative writing isn't just stuff you have to slog through to graduate. They really help you to learn to express yourself better. If you want to improve yourself then by all means go for it. You will only get better and then we will be all the more blessed as we get to read the sighs of your heart in many new styles.
If you don't like how you do it now, then simply improve it. Don't bash yourself, renew yourself. I even took a cursive writing notebook and bought the dotted lined paper and copied the whole workbook several times and erased my work if I couldn't make it look like the text in the book. Sure I took my time and did it 'right' and I knew full well that in true writing in real time, you cannot possibly be as detail oriented but all that practice really paid off and I can see the improvement in my penmanship even now. I had deteriorated into saying that I "Wrote like a doctor" and decided to stop bashing my hand writing and did something about it. It is amazing how much better you feel about yourself when you can see proof that you have bettered yourself. Try it little sister. I can assure you that when you take steps to make yourself better, you will feel that improvement in many more ways that the actual subject.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Well, I didn't write a character backstory, but I did write and post a story on Pirate101 Central. It's called 'Children of the Negative Zero'. It's by my Central name, Sakura no Miko. I'd hope you'd check it out....

Ciao!