Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what puppet show would you have liked to see?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
is there any part of pirate101 that you felt just merited a puppet show? I love the puppet shows. some people find them annoying and skip them but I think their entertaining and constantly replay them. but what parts, locations, or events do you think needed a puppet show? I would personally have liked a puppet show on Valencia. I feel like there was very little explanation of it in the first place, not to mention no puppet show from that world. I jut felt like you got there, you quested for a couple hours, then you were done, which frustrated me because Valencia was one of my favorite worlds. I was just wondering some things about Valencia like;
1. why are there no factories or junk yards where the armada are constructed?
2. what is the purpose of the machine that constantly runs at the heart of Valencia?
3. if the armada are truly evil, why are they disregarding all the unicorns and what not?
4. where is kane at the time?
5. I already said it, but WHAT IS THE MACHINE? I mean that thing is so cool! its incredibly large and obviously must have some purpose. it could have easily be made into a dungeon!
we didn't come to Valencia to discover lore or anything but I really wish that there had been a puppet show, possibly narrated by catbeard because he's awesome! meow meow!
did anyone find other sections which they felt merited a good puppet show? post some stuff. i'd like to see what everyone thinks

Captain
May 13, 2011
im pretty sure lots of people think el toros past should be a puppet show. its a bunch of pictures so it cant be replayed

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
The machine is the armada factory where armada soldiers are constructed. Not 100% sure though.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
One on the duck of death like why is he the leader how did he die and who is no back story really

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
A puppet show I'd like to see is how the Armada turned evil. What if Kane has a horribly scarring backstory that made him want to destroy all pirates? Think of Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb.

Captain
May 13, 2011
warriorscreed on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
A puppet show I'd like to see is how the Armada turned evil. What if Kane has a horribly scarring backstory that made him want to destroy all pirates? Think of Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb.
the puppet show introducing the armada already shows this. the valencians made too many clockworks and they got out of control

Developer
iateaunicorn12 on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
is there any part of pirate101 that you felt just merited a puppet show? I love the puppet shows. some people find them annoying and skip them but I think their entertaining and constantly replay them. but what parts, locations, or events do you think needed a puppet show? I would personally have liked a puppet show on Valencia. I feel like there was very little explanation of it in the first place, not to mention no puppet show from that world. I jut felt like you got there, you quested for a couple hours, then you were done, which frustrated me because Valencia was one of my favorite worlds. I was just wondering some things about Valencia like;
1. why are there no factories or junk yards where the armada are constructed?
2. what is the purpose of the machine that constantly runs at the heart of Valencia?
3. if the armada are truly evil, why are they disregarding all the unicorns and what not?
4. where is kane at the time?
5. I already said it, but WHAT IS THE MACHINE? I mean that thing is so cool! its incredibly large and obviously must have some purpose. it could have easily be made into a dungeon!
we didn't come to Valencia to discover lore or anything but I really wish that there had been a puppet show, possibly narrated by catbeard because he's awesome! meow meow!
did anyone find other sections which they felt merited a good puppet show? post some stuff. i'd like to see what everyone thinks
Wow, that's a lot of Valencia questions. I should point out that the Valencia "Book" is actually a Skull Island Book. That Book is also the only one so far that has two puppet shows (the Catbeard one is really just one show in 3 chunks) - though other Books might have multiple shows in the future.

Just about every question you ask has the same answer; Aragon isn't even the tip of the iceberg that is Valencia. Aragon is an empty, backwater, frontier Skyway that was never very populated or special to begin with, but in recent times has been almost emptied thanks to the Armada's ongoing beautification project (see Granchia for details). There's a surprising amount of lore you can pick up there - if you do all the Sivella side quests, you'll come away with a good idea of what life is like in a world the Armada rules, and what their ultimate vision feels like (without many details of what it is). That was the entire goal of the skyway. That, and to leaving you wanting more. Judging by your post, I'd say mission accomplished.

I assure you, as far as Velencia goes, you ain't seen nothing yet. In fact, our next trip to Valencia will address questions 1 and 3 in great detail. As for 2, 4, and 5, well... I gotta save something for later.

Storywise, think of Aragon Skyway as a bigger version of the Presidio - you have a job to do there, you sneak in, you sneak out before your enemies crush you. You can't just walk into Mordor at level 13 (well, maybe Frodo could, but it took him a loooooooooong time to get there. And, like your pirate in Valencia, he didn't stay very long.

Now, as to which story points need a puppet show but don't have one, I can think of a few. I'm hoping that we can fill some of them in as time goes on...

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Blind Mew on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of Valencia questions. I should point out that the Valencia "Book" is actually a Skull Island Book. That Book is also the only one so far that has two puppet shows (the Catbeard one is really just one show in 3 chunks) - though other Books might have multiple shows in the future.

Just about every question you ask has the same answer; Aragon isn't even the tip of the iceberg that is Valencia. Aragon is an empty, backwater, frontier Skyway that was never very populated or special to begin with, but in recent times has been almost emptied thanks to the Armada's ongoing beautification project (see Granchia for details). There's a surprising amount of lore you can pick up there - if you do all the Sivella side quests, you'll come away with a good idea of what life is like in a world the Armada rules, and what their ultimate vision feels like (without many details of what it is). That was the entire goal of the skyway. That, and to leaving you wanting more. Judging by your post, I'd say mission accomplished.

I assure you, as far as Velencia goes, you ain't seen nothing yet. In fact, our next trip to Valencia will address questions 1 and 3 in great detail. As for 2, 4, and 5, well... I gotta save something for later.

Storywise, think of Aragon Skyway as a bigger version of the Presidio - you have a job to do there, you sneak in, you sneak out before your enemies crush you. You can't just walk into Mordor at level 13 (well, maybe Frodo could, but it took him a loooooooooong time to get there. And, like your pirate in Valencia, he didn't stay very long.

Now, as to which story points need a puppet show but don't have one, I can think of a few. I'm hoping that we can fill some of them in as time goes on...
One gear to rule them all, one gear to find them
One gear to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Valencia, where the shadows lie...

So um Blind Mew, are you suggesting that Kane is Sauron, the armada are his orcs, somehow we will find something (like a gear from Jack Morgans amazing thread of mechanov) that we have to destroy to end Kane, and the pirate is Frodo Baggins, and our crew are the fellowship of the ring? And you blind mew, are Gandalf no doubt.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

And now that I think of it, his elite court are the nazgul, El Toro is Aragon and married Sally, who is no doubt Arwen... And the spiral is middle earth. What have you done to me Blind Mew!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

Blind mew you just pushed me further to the tip of iceberg by the way I hope you talk about some of our ideas to the developers

Captain
May 13, 2011

one does not simply walk into valencia

well, we went through a hellish place to get there right?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
only one does walk into valencia that's me just remember galilienstrine

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

Like maybe I don't know duck holiday? I don't have him but I can see it online. I know allot of people who have him want to know his past. And speaking of companion PS's (puppet shows) we could have one for each class. Companion of the seven. I want to know more about billy the kids past. Also one about the aztec Dino's. I hope I'm not the only one who wonders what happened to them... I mean it's obviously not the same place as in wizard101.

-jack nightgale lvl 61 buccaneer

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Like maybe I don't know duck holiday? I don't have him but I can see it online. I know allot of people who have him want to know his past. And speaking of companion PS's (puppet shows) we could have one for each class. Companion of the seven. I want to know more about billy the kids past. Also one about the aztec Dino's. I hope I'm not the only one who wonders what happened to them... I mean it's obviously not the same place as in wizard101.

-jack nightgale lvl 61 buccaneer
There is a pupet show of the magnificent 7 we already know about the billy the kid used to be an outlaw and duck holiday isn't scared of death probably has a connection with the duck of death

Captain
May 16, 2011
Golden Guardian on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
One gear to rule them all, one gear to find them
One gear to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Valencia, where the shadows lie...

So um Blind Mew, are you suggesting that Kane is Sauron, the armada are his orcs, somehow we will find something (like a gear from Jack Morgans amazing thread of mechanov) that we have to destroy to end Kane, and the pirate is Frodo Baggins, and our crew are the fellowship of the ring? And you blind mew, are Gandalf no doubt.
Hahaha! Brilliant, G. G.!

Ahem. I see Captain Avery as Gandalf, but Blind Mew is a good candidate too.
Heck, maybe the in-game Blind Mew will sacrifice his life to save us from some menacing creature. I could just imagine Blind Mew yelling, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

I would most definitely be ROFLing at that reference, while being sad that he is gone.

Cheers!