Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Membership or Pay as you go?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I have been paying as I go because eventually my sisters want to play and they don't have a lot of money, but also since I play on multiple characters. The only problem is that I am going through the story way too quickly, from the beginning to Port Regal since December, (partly because I am a higher level than normal due to side quests) and I have spent a LOT of money on crowns lately. I just want to know what you do or would do. Thanks.
Witty Gavin Bristol-level 31
Sensible Timothy Aldridge-level 26
Honest Digby Bristol-level 9

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Pay as you go. It worked amazingly well as I Blitzkrieged my way through all the worlds. Good luck!

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Use the super crowns sale if your sisters are using your account then split the price with them but if they have their own accounts then split the cost and transfer to eachother

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Since I am doing all the quests and want to see all of Pirate101 (and Wizard101), I pay for a membership. It is cheaper if you are going to be playing a lot. KI does have monthly, bi-yearly (6 months), and yearly memberships. And, as I understand it, once you have accessed an area, you don't lose access to that area even if you drop out of paying membership. One advantage to having membership is your Backpack can hold 120 items while non-members only can hold 80 items in a backpack. If you do go the membership route, I recommend waiting till the memberships are on sale to save a little more money.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
1Ok, so I got membership and It was TOTALLY worth it. I went through 10 levels in 3 days, so membership is totally the way to go.

Rule

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SlightlyMadWizard on Jan 18, 2014 wrote:
Since I am doing all the quests and want to see all of Pirate101 (and Wizard101), I pay for a membership. It is cheaper if you are going to be playing a lot. KI does have monthly, bi-yearly (6 months), and yearly memberships. And, as I understand it, once you have accessed an area, you don't lose access to that area even if you drop out of paying membership. One advantage to having membership is your Backpack can hold 120 items while non-members only can hold 80 items in a backpack. If you do go the membership route, I recommend waiting till the memberships are on sale to save a little more money.
I do agree on the membership part but you are a teensey bit inaccurate on one point. If you buy an area for crowns, then you never lose the right to go there. If you access an area as a subscribed member, when your membership runs out, you no longer have access to that area. You can still have all the fun you want in the free areas though until you get member ship again or you can still go to any areas that you had purchased with crowns.