Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2013
I've tried searching for remove, delete companions. No such luck. So can I delete a companion? I got 5 companions and rat beard isn't my favor. His death scene reminds me the black & white movie Treasure Island. I'm not old yet, thank you TMC( Turners Movie Channel ).

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
Well, you see at the moment you cannot delete your companions. You can, however, move the companions you do not like to the back of your list if companions.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
old greg on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I've tried searching for remove, delete companions. No such luck. So can I delete a companion? I got 5 companions and rat beard isn't my favor. His death scene reminds me the black & white movie Treasure Island. I'm not old yet, thank you TMC( Turners Movie Channel ).
Welcome to the message boards family Greg, and welcome to the game. I totally agree the the Turner Classic Movies runs some great versions of Treasure Island and I am sure that the game's head writer, Blind Mew will be thrilled that you noticed his nod to the move in his staging.
No, you cannot delete companions but later on when you get to higher levels you will have to ability to put a few to sleep.
Ratbeard, though is going to be really handy to have around. All the companions seem a bit weak in the lower levels but as you grow them you will become thrilled to have their skills at your disposal. Ratbeard's ability to stop the enemy in their tracks and immobilize them will save you from a lot of damage. He will become a strong fighter that takes a lot of hits for you and some of his hits will become quite powerful as he will dish out some serious damage to those that threaten you.
He is also one of the main members that talk to you and is very involved in the plot as the game progresses and in on many of the great game jokes. Please do his game promotions as they are fascinating and add lots of story line information that will enrich the plot for you in several ways. Not to mention that his promotion in Marleybone is absolutely hilarious. All the voice work in that one will have you laughing for sure.
Yes, our beloved Ratty is a bit rough around the edges at first, but please trust me on this one, you are gonna love him later.

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
The short answer is no, especially considering that the companion in question Ratbeard plays a critical role in the story. And though his death scene can be considered annoying, in my honest opinion he becomes very useful in battle as you level him up. And if ultimately you decide you really don't like him in a few levels you will get sleep tokens which you can use to prevent unwanted companions from showing up in battle

Sarcastic Nathan Bristol Lvl. 58

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
No I don't think you should delete main story companions, but side story companions (not counting the Mag 7) or main companions not really valuable can be deleted. Oh, and it's TCM, not TMC.

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
No you can not remove companions. However, at lv15 you can bench one and it will not show up in battle. Also you can look up companions on the wiki to see where they come from. If it's a companion you acquire from a quest then you can simply skip that quest (unless it's a main quest) and not get that companion. However, since it seems you only have five it sounds like you just started the game. There are plenty of companions out there and maybe you'll find one later on that you will like.

Also keep in mind if they are dying a lot you may need to raise up their levels so they'll be stronger in battle. You can also keep them under leveled to your characters level so that you can get more levels per training point. Thus making training easier. That's what I do. Good luck to you.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2010
What are the companions for swashbucklers and privateers?

Merciless Blaze Nightingale Lv.45 and Dark Devin Burke Lv.15

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome to the message boards old greg, nice to have you join us. It appears that everyone has already answered your question, I just wanted to stop in and say welcome. Enjoy your stay and have fun in the spiral

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Amazing Mr Nai... on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
The short answer is no, especially considering that the companion in question Ratbeard plays a critical role in the story. And though his death scene can be considered annoying, in my honest opinion he becomes very useful in battle as you level him up. And if ultimately you decide you really don't like him in a few levels you will get sleep tokens which you can use to prevent unwanted companions from showing up in battle

Sarcastic Nathan Bristol Lvl. 58
And a fine welcome to you as well The Amazing Mr Nait. Glad to have you aboard the boards. You will find a lot of wonderful fellow pirates reside here, plus great information, tips and entertainment. Smooth sailing to ye.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Blackmask056 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Well, you see at the moment you cannot delete your companions. You can, however, move the companions you do not like to the back of your list if companions.
Welcome Blackmask056, pleasure to have you on the boards. Everyone here is really helpful and will make you feel as if it is a home away from the Spiral. Good luck with the game and in life my fellow pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blaze081x on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
What are the companions for swashbucklers and privateers?

Merciless Blaze Nightingale Lv.45 and Dark Devin Burke Lv.15
Hi Blaze Nightingale & Devlin Burke, Welcome to the message boards. Here is a link to a list that will answer all your "Who gets what?" companion questions. Smooth sailing to ye and may ye never be boarded unless you give permission.*

*The unwritten pirate captain's law (er suggestions ) scroll, chapter 5, verse 3.