Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unfair!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2013
I find it quite upsetting that only 2 of the 5 classes can use heavy armor. Could you give me a reason for this UNFAIRNESS!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
RavensShadow133 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I find it quite upsetting that only 2 of the 5 classes can use heavy armor. Could you give me a reason for this UNFAIRNESS!
The reason is simply because heavy armour only suits Privateers and Buccaneers.

Swashbucklers and Musketeers are meant to be light and fast on their feet, depending largely on agility for their defence. I understand that this is only a game, but when wearing heavy armour, it is actually quite hard to move around quickly. Heavy armour wearers tend to be very slow moving, relying on their armour to keep them safe as they get hit constantly. This is the idea of a Buccanner, a pirate class that doesn't move very far, or very fast, but can really take a beating.

Witchdoctors are magic users, traditionally, magic users don't wear any armour, even light armour. Again, heavy armour interferes with movement, any class that relies on rapid movement and reflexes, or on performing magical attacks that always seem to require large arm movements, don't use heavy armour.

Now, game play wise, if you are a musketeer, swashbuckler, or witchdoctor, you shouldn't use heavy armour, because you will not get the stat bonuses required by those classes. Heavy armour generally does not come with bonuses to agility or spooky. These are exactly the bonuses these three classes should be looking for. Swashbuckler's and Musketeer's need agility for both their dodging and for boosting their attacks. Witchdocters need spooky for their staffy attacks and witchdoctorery spells.

Captain
May 13, 2011
would it help if i said that those 2 classes are tanking? it wouldnt be fair if swashbucklers got to wear heavy armor. we bucs would lose our gift

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Raven, Welcome to the message boards.
It is not really an unfairness. The uniqueness of each class in intentional. Some are strong enough in other areas that they don't need it. A swashbuckler is so high in dodge that they are really hard to hit and besides how are they going to sneak around their enemies and stay hidden with all that armor clanking? Also, with their ability to jump, they don't need to plow through enemies so the armor would only slow them down. The buccaneers need it because they are designed to be the tanks that stop the enemies from getting to you and they take a lot of the hits that would have been directed at you with their Hold The Line ability. They take a lot of hits as they dish out their damage. The privateer is busy boosting and healing everyone so they need the extra protection so they can focus on being the leader making everyone else look good. The witchdoctors have lots of powerful hits that can reach all the way across the board and they have the ability to summon lots of fighters to take hits for them so they are well protected and don't really need it. The same goes for the musketeer, They can stand back, well away from the heavy damage that is dealt out in the first few rounds and deal out a whole lot of damage in traps and bombs along with scatter shots that wreak havoc to multiple targets at once. Having all of them in heavy armor would really upset the class balances. Some have great strengths and also have weakness, it balances out to make the classes pretty equal and very much diverse. Unfair, it is not.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Certain skills are limited to certain classes. The classes that can use heavy armor are the ones who are most likely to benefit from it. classes like Witchdoctor and Musketeer don't need heavy armor, because they are less likely to be taking direct physical damage, they need more resistance to deal with distance attacks. Similarly, Buccaneers don't need ranged attacks, because they are up in the front of the battle, taking direct hits. Not every class can use every talent, that's what makes them all unique.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
probably because witchdoctors can steal life from opponents and have good health, musketeers specialize at keeping their enemies at a distance and killing them before they get in melee range, and swashbucklers dodge often enough that they don't have to worry about armor. buccaneers and privateers however do not have obvious advantages, especially buccaneers. I suppose this is one way to make up for the lack of damage both schools bring to the table.
hope this helps

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Well Heavy Armor is only available for buccaneers and privateers due to the stats of armor and health they provide, and only these 2 classes need armor and health. That being said, I did make a thread called "money problem with stitching", and it devises new armor types for the other 3 classes. These armor's should make each class feel unique, since it is only available for them and them only.

In most peoples opinion, heavy armor looks the best. You constantly see swashes, witches, and musks wearing that heavy armor gladiator outfit, because they find it more appeasing. Heavy Armor tends to look more better than any other armor, and I do find it annoying that whilst buccaneers and privateers can get great looking armor (as well as an extra bonus of having light armor) the other classes get access to, um, boringish looking armor. Everyone seems to go, "ooh la la" when that heavy armored gladiator walks past, but when the simple guy with light armor passes, everyone just goes "meh, simple", unless its a ninja.

I did kind of feel sad that I could not wear Rooke's awesome looking armor, simply because I did not have access to Heavy Armor. I did stitch it though, and that seems like the only thing to do. My sympathies to you if you dont have crowns. That being said if you read the thread I posted in the first paragraph, you will see some armor ideas for other classes I just made up. Since buccaneers and privateers have full access to any armor type and a bigger wardrobe, and the rest of us don't, maybe different armor for each class should be added.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Different fighting styles call for different strategies.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
When comes to pirate class, each class have different strategy when comes to duels. In this case armory, that this post is referring to.So to make it simple I will give a short description below.

Heavy Armor- 1.Buccaneer- This class relay on primary on brute force,both attacks and defenses. Physical strength alone is not enough for a pirate who fights on the front line. This class also relay on heavy defense as well to take a lot of hits in battle. Also this class got high health,witch make this class good.
2.Privater - This class may have low health and physical strength,but this class got the highest physical and magical resistance of any class ( based on my experience ). Unlike the other classes,this class uses immense defenses when comes to dueling and this class use magic also but healing.

Light Armor- 1.Musketeer- A long range offense class, Musketeers may have low defense but light armor will help to make the duel longer. This class have the highest dodging as well as accuracy ( based on my experience ). Musketeers are meant to be fast and do multiple damages during combat.

2. Swashbuckler- The fast version of the Buccaneer class,this class only need light armor, How will this class jump over obstacles with a heavy armory ?

3. Witchdoctor-This class rarely have physical armor,however it got good magical resistance.This class use mostly magic both defense and offense, giving a heavy armor to a witchdoctor is like saying teaching a Buccaneer magic skills. It's highly not recommended in other words.

I hope this help .

Captain
May 13, 2011
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
When comes to pirate class, each class have different strategy when comes to duels. In this case armory, that this post is referring to.So to make it simple I will give a short description below.

Heavy Armor- 1.Buccaneer- This class relay on primary on brute force,both attacks and defenses. Physical strength alone is not enough for a pirate who fights on the front line. This class also relay on heavy defense as well to take a lot of hits in battle. Also this class got high health,witch make this class good.
2.Privater - This class may have low health and physical strength,but this class got the highest physical and magical resistance of any class ( based on my experience ). Unlike the other classes,this class uses immense defenses when comes to dueling and this class use magic also but healing.

Light Armor- 1.Musketeer- A long range offense class, Musketeers may have low defense but light armor will help to make the duel longer. This class have the highest dodging as well as accuracy ( based on my experience ). Musketeers are meant to be fast and do multiple damages during combat.

2. Swashbuckler- The fast version of the Buccaneer class,this class only need light armor, How will this class jump over obstacles with a heavy armory ?

3. Witchdoctor-This class rarely have physical armor,however it got good magical resistance.This class use mostly magic both defense and offense, giving a heavy armor to a witchdoctor is like saying teaching a Buccaneer magic skills. It's highly not recommended in other words.

I hope this help .
good research. might as well say my own opinion on this

buccaneers are frontline soldiers, charging into battle unaware of any damage they might take. while weak to magic, they have a great resistance to physical damage. if you find yourself in an encounter with a buccaneer, you might want to know a bit of magic

as buccaneers are weak to magic, privateers fill in that spot. privateers can buff their and others defenses while also increasing their accuracy and dodge. this can make a privateer very hard to kill and are likely to be the last to fall due to their balanced defenses

swashbucklers have limited defense, but their light armor allows them to acrobatically slice and dice their enemies. a swashbuckler is hard to control, but is also hard to kill. sneaking up and striking deeply is the key to a swashbucklers survival

musketeers like to hang back. they lay down traps and obstacles, making getting close difficult. as they also have resistance to magical attacks, shooting them isnt as effective and cutting. musketeers stay behind cover, firing shots in a pattern to survive

witchdoctors have the lowest defense and are very hard to control, but a skilled witchdoctor can turn the tide of a battle. a witchdoctor has very dirty tricks in his/her sleeve. a witchdoctor can summon skeletal troops, lower opponents attacks and drain health to gain an edge in battle. while their physical resistance fails, they have a great resistance to magic

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
The reason for the "unfairness" is simply because of the different classes. Some are more based on agility than strength, and Heavy Armor is meant for strength. It basically depends on the class you choose. Every class is unique and comes with different powers. Hope this helped.
-Heart of Lacey ()

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
unfair??
buccaneers have to be lucky in pvp to win.
we need it, so do swashbucklers!
the whole set in the game is for pirates of each class to have equal stats.
buccs get vengeance strike but get a bit higher stats.
in pvp
bucc:take this! 178 damage
prive: o' really? take this! 300 damage!
bucc: take this! ooo! a super hit! 350 damage!
prive: what about this other super hit? ooooh! 500 damage
*and on and on and on*
that's the point, buccs need armor, strength and toughness to get through that dialouge.

Ensign
Jan 04, 2014
I know right but swashbucklers are the best they can curse people. I am a swashbuckler