Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best of 2013 contest

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Richard: x in tuxedo and comped back hair x Hello everybody! Welcome to the best of 2013 contest! I know what you are thinking. "What is the best of 2013 contest? Sounds intriguing!" Well it should be! The best of 2013 contest is about the best things that happened in 2013. And I'm not alone my co-host is personal friend Griffin Devereux.
Griffin: I didn't agree to.
Richard: Would you rather want me to choose Harold?
Tristan: For the hundredth time! It's Tristan!
Griffin: x whispers x Shut it Timmy!
Richard: Well our first topic is: x music x What was the best thread of 2013?
Griffin: 1. Pirates Helping Pirates or PHP for short by Valkloorthevictorious
Richard: 2. A Masked Ball of Padova by Anne Radcliffe
Griffin: 3. Role play! by The Highlander Fox of Avalon
Richard: And 4. You know you play too much Pirate101 when... by Mastermind M.
Griffin: Remember you have only until Friday the 10th to vote and results will be released on Saturday the 11th by me so look out this weekend for posts by me! Oh yea one more thing before we leave we have to tell you guys that only one person can be on a topic. But a person can win more than one award.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I am very honored and flattered to be on your list, Monsieurs Richard, Griffin, and Tristan! *makes a polite bow with a flourish*

Is it possible to add more categories? For entertaining, enlightening glimpses of information and playful humor I would propose Blind Mew's threads ('The Search for Plot', etc.) and for creative hilarity, I would propose Griffin's 'My Little Vacation Log' (parts 1 & 2).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I am also very honoured, Richard, Griffen, and Tristan eventhough I am not named on your list (and don't worry I really don't need to be) But I do consider that I did help to make A Masked Ball in Padova by Anne Radcliffe, and Roleplay by Emma such great threads. (I know both threads were their respective ideas, but I don't think they could have done so well without the all of the various contributors.

Of course the same goes for Valkour's Pirates Helping Pirates. That thread would not be nearly as great as it is without all of the very helpful posters who contributed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I am very honored and flattered to be on your list, Monsieurs Richard, Griffin, and Tristan! *makes a polite bow with a flourish*

Is it possible to add more categories? For entertaining, enlightening glimpses of information and playful humor I would propose Blind Mew's threads ('The Search for Plot', etc.) and for creative hilarity, I would propose Griffin's 'My Little Vacation Log' (parts 1 & 2).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Highly seconded.
Hmmm how about a bonus award for the spontaneous giggles in role play or prank thread that appears out of nowhere and delights us from the most unexpected places

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Richard Ashthorn on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Richard: x in tuxedo and comped back hair x Hello everybody! Welcome to the best of 2013 contest! I know what you are thinking. "What is the best of 2013 contest? Sounds intriguing!" Well it should be! The best of 2013 contest is about the best things that happened in 2013. And I'm not alone my co-host is personal friend Griffin Devereux.
Griffin: Remember you have only until Friday the 10th to vote and results will be released on Saturday the 11th by me so look out this weekend for posts by me! Oh yea one more thing before we leave we have to tell you guys that only one person can be on a topic. But a person can win more than one award.
Thank you Richard, Griffen and Tristan. It is an honor to even be mentioned but with all due respect I think that my thread is far too new to be included with the other great ones you mentioned and I have not been on the boards long enough to be so deserving of such a prestigious award. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the nomination, because I most certainly do. (If anything the other people who have provided such great tips and advice should be up for the award for rising to the occasion and helping out their fellow pirates-- can I do that, substitute their names for mine?... If so I would like to do so.)

And by the way you guys are extremely creative, imaginative and hilarious....and talented for that matter.

Thanks again!

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
OK I will answer all of your questions!
1. For Anne Radcliffe. Yes we will add more categories eventually, and the thought phase was extremely hard. I had some threads that were extremely hard to put in or remove. Actually my little vacation log by Griffin was on the list, but it was later removed, but by your behalf I guess we can add in Griffin's my little vacation log x in background Griffin says YES!!! x . So here are the choices now:
1. PHP ( pirates helping pirates ) by ValkoorTheVictorious
2. A Masked Ball of Padova by Anne Radcliffe
3. Role Play! by The Highlander Fox of Avalon
4. You know when you play Pirate101 by Mastermind M
and 5. My little vacation log by Griffin Devereaux ( That's how it's actually spelled )

2. For Cdewinter. x the whole crew x ahhhhhhhhhh! .You make a very compelling point cdewinter. And actually our point system was by how many posts were replied from that thread. So really everyone on the boards should get a round of applause! Come on everyone! x claps x.

3. For Chrissy Th'Blesser. I guess we can make that a category ( Also for one of that later categories you are on the list not telling which one you will be on though! )

4. For ValkoorTheVictorious. Yeah to be true with ourselves, we were gonna have A Mutiny is Brewing by Indigo, but it did violate one of the criteria. Well how about this? We will substitute you for Wizard to Pirate but how about to Warrior? by Coolcoster50 on the list due to you saying its to young, but you will automatically be on the half the year progress contest in June for this same category?
Griffin: I'm not gonna help you host it!
Richard: Yes you will!
Griffin: I will?
Richard: Yes.

Also due to not much votes we will push it to next week Friday for voting which will be on the 17th.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Richard Ashthorn on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Ngh! -pushes 3 out of the way- Whoops, looks like that thread fails too much to deserve recognition, sorry! It seems Highlander doesn't deserve any credit for anything. Nope, nope! Sorry, highlander gets no rewards or recognition or credit! She doesn't deserve it! Not like anyone would choose that category anyway, not under her name... Anne did most of the work...

....Why am I talking in third person?

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I have to agree with Anne that Romba's (and others) My Vacation Logs deserve to be on there. Absolutely brilliant and made me laugh out loud.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Ngh! -pushes 3 out of the way- Whoops, looks like that thread fails too much to deserve recognition, sorry! It seems Highlander doesn't deserve any credit for anything. Nope, nope! Sorry, highlander gets no rewards or recognition or credit! She doesn't deserve it! Not like anyone would choose that category anyway, not under her name... Anne did most of the work...

....Why am I talking in third person?

Ciao!
Now Emma you stop that. Credit deserved for deeds done. We all love you here and we love your posts and the very fact that your posts are so highly responded to shows that you have a wonderful gift for getting us to think and talk about things and you also are a genius for stirring our imaginations. This is how we think about what you do, not how you see yourself. If that were the case then no one would have any awards because we humans are very good at looking down at ourselves and not seeing our achievements for what they truly are. That is why we have friends and family. They see us in a much better light than we do. You DO deserve recognition even if you don't like it at times. I know how you feel. There are times for me that I don't like me either. Thankfully I do my best to keep those attitudes shoved way back in the dark and I make the wise choice to stay in the light with my loved ones.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Richard Ashthorn on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
OK I will answer all of your questions!
1. For Anne Radcliffe. Yes we will add more categories eventually, and the thought phase was extremely hard. I had some threads that were extremely hard to put in or remove. Actually my little vacation log by Griffin was on the list, but it was later removed, but by your behalf I guess we can add in Griffin's my little vacation log x in background Griffin says YES!!! x . So here are the choices now:
1. PHP ( pirates helping pirates ) by ValkoorTheVictorious
2. A Masked Ball of Padova by Anne Radcliffe
3. Role Play! by The Highlander Fox of Avalon
4. You know when you play Pirate101 by Mastermind M
and 5. My little vacation log by Griffin Devereaux ( That's how it's actually spelled )

2. For Cdewinter. x the whole crew x ahhhhhhhhhh! .You make a very compelling point cdewinter. And actually our point system was by how many posts were replied from that thread. So really everyone on the boards should get a round of applause! Come on everyone! x claps x.

3. For Chrissy Th'Blesser. I guess we can make that a category ( Also for one of that later categories you are on the list not telling which one you will be on though! )

4. For ValkoorTheVictorious. Yeah to be true with ourselves, we were gonna have A Mutiny is Brewing by Indigo, but it did violate one of the criteria. Well how about this? We will substitute you for Wizard to Pirate but how about to Warrior? by Coolcoster50 on the list due to you saying its to young, but you will automatically be on the half the year progress contest in June for this same category?
Griffin: I'm not gonna help you host it!
Richard: Yes you will!
Griffin: I will?
Richard: Yes.

Also due to not much votes we will push it to next week Friday for voting which will be on the 17th.
I wish you could think of a way to make the voting silent. I don't want to hurt any feelings by who I chose. Perhaps by you continuing to use your post count or something better you come up with.

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
Oops I forgot to update the list! You guys deserve a brownie point x hands out brownies x. Here are the choices.
1. A Masked Ball of Padova by Anne Radcliffe
2. Role Play! by The Highlander Fox ( might be changed due to her wanting to drop out )
3. You Know When you play Pirate101 by MastermindM
4. Wizard to Pirate how about to Warrior? by coolcoster50
5. My Little Vacation Log by Griffin Devereaux

Sorry Chrissy Th'Blesser but I haven't thought of a way yet!

Administrator
Richard Ashthorn on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Oops I forgot to update the list! You guys deserve a brownie point x hands out brownies x. Here are the choices.
1. A Masked Ball of Padova by Anne Radcliffe
2. Role Play! by The Highlander Fox ( might be changed due to her wanting to drop out )
3. You Know When you play Pirate101 by MastermindM
4. Wizard to Pirate how about to Warrior? by coolcoster50
5. My Little Vacation Log by Griffin Devereaux

Sorry Chrissy Th'Blesser but I haven't thought of a way yet!
Thank you for this fun post and it's great to hear you loved these threads on the Pirate101.com message boards. I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority when I say these threads (and more!) were all winning threads in our eyes and no voting (or simply silent voting as Chrissy suggests) is necessary.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now and encourage you all to look forward to the great posts that I'm sure will continue to appear in 2014!

Please keep up the great discussions that happen here on Pirate101.com, and thanks everyone for your support!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*