Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"find the presidio" - already did?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2013
I completed the Presidio Job with a friend, but I had teleported to him after he, I guess, 'found' the Presidio. Everything else we did together and I got the rewards for stuff. However, the Frogfather won't allow me to pass the quest because I haven't 'found' the Presidio yet. My notifications say I completed the Presidio job but I still have Quid Pro Quo as an open quest. Redoing the quest would be no problem, too, but I can't. When I go to the presidio the arrow leads me to absolutely nowhere and when I enter places, the content is gone. Is this a bug? Did I break the game? Help. Thank you.

Administrator
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Whenever I have quests that do that I just restart it from the beginning until I walk into that spot that triggers the "Find" then you can back out. It has been really rare that I needed to re do the fight too.

The queen scorpion fight in scorpion rock is a good one for that. If you don't have the right amount of scorpions when you first get pulled in to fight her, you will not be able to trigger that spot that is near the lake to find what you need. If you back up, after the fight and leave her section of the cave and then re-enter the voice over from Ratbeard will pop up and then after the fight you will be able to collect by the lake shore and she won't instantly regenerate on you.

Administrator
andygrathwohl on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I completed the Presidio Job with a friend, but I had teleported to him after he, I guess, 'found' the Presidio. Everything else we did together and I got the rewards for stuff. However, the Frogfather won't allow me to pass the quest because I haven't 'found' the Presidio yet. My notifications say I completed the Presidio job but I still have Quid Pro Quo as an open quest. Redoing the quest would be no problem, too, but I can't. When I go to the presidio the arrow leads me to absolutely nowhere and when I enter places, the content is gone. Is this a bug? Did I break the game? Help. Thank you.
Following up on this a bit more now that we've had some time to look at this. We're noticing that the quest goal text says you need to find the Presidio for the quest Quid Pro Quo while you're still completing the instance "The Presidio Job" (which is part of the quest). This seems to be the source of the confusion and you should just ignore the text and the Quid Pro Quo goal will resolve itself once you grab the spices to complete the Presidio instance.

If there's something more here and you're still stuck on the quest, there are a couple more questions our testers have for you:

1- Does the Quid Pro Quo quest still exist in your quest log and can it be selected.
2- If you are stuck on the "find Presidio" goal, have you visited the Presidio dock itself and not just the Presidio Dungeon.

Thanks for your patience!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Following up on this a bit more now that we've had some time to look at this. We're noticing that the quest goal text says you need to find the Presidio for the quest Quid Pro Quo while you're still completing the instance "The Presidio Job" (which is part of the quest). This seems to be the source of the confusion and you should just ignore the text and the Quid Pro Quo goal will resolve itself once you grab the spices to complete the Presidio instance.

If there's something more here and you're still stuck on the quest, there are a couple more questions our testers have for you:

1- Does the Quid Pro Quo quest still exist in your quest log and can it be selected.
2- If you are stuck on the "find Presidio" goal, have you visited the Presidio dock itself and not just the Presidio Dungeon.

Thanks for your patience!
I think the problem might have been where "Find the Presidio" was a spot in the entrance of the Presidio, as in right when you walk in that goal completes and you move to the next one. He probably teleported in to where his friend was, after his friend had passed the spot so his quest goal did not advance (to "Complete The Presidio Job.")