Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armadillo Drop Thread!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hello there, pirating comrades! I was hoping to put this up to help others get the rare, powerful, and elusive Armadillo Verde. If anyone who has recently gotten the Armadillo Verde could post here, it might help others track down the bosses who drop this pet the most. I will start this off. I recently got my second Armadillo Verde from Captain Foote about a week ago, in the Hang 'Em jail instance in Haunted Skyway. My first drop came from Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, during summer months ago. To everyone involved in the Armadillo hunt, good luck!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
warriorscreed on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Hello there, pirating comrades! I was hoping to put this up to help others get the rare, powerful, and elusive Armadillo Verde. If anyone who has recently gotten the Armadillo Verde could post here, it might help others track down the bosses who drop this pet the most. I will start this off. I recently got my second Armadillo Verde from Captain Foote about a week ago, in the Hang 'Em jail instance in Haunted Skyway. My first drop came from Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, during summer months ago. To everyone involved in the Armadillo hunt, good luck!
I hear you can farm the Midnight Bandit (In Cooper's Roost skyway next to Cooper's Roost) or, from a video, you can farm El Guapo.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I got my two from Josey Quails and The Midnight Bandit.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I too received one from the Midnight Bandit. It is a fairly easy and relatively quick battle with, multiple chests- aboard his ship, The Midnight Bandit. No dungeons or multiple battles, so it is a great place to go for that awesome little armadillo.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Farmed Tyson for 3 hours before I got mine. I think this is definitely the best boss to get it at because if you bring 3 friends, you'll get 4 boss chests which only increases your chances of getting it sooner.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Can you get some off the duck of death I'm farming him for his jacket and having a chance at a pet would be nice

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Can you get some off the duck of death I'm farming him for his jacket and having a chance at a pet would be nice
He is listed to have dropped it on the Boot Hill fight and on the Silver Stallion fight.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Been farming for a 2 days, on my 51st try at it. But so far only no auction gear(aka stuff my class cant use).
And a Golden Stingtail.

Jacob

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I've fought every cool ranch boss ten times and i still have not got a armadillo pet even though I'm a level 59 witchdoctor just from battling cool ranch bosses and i still don't have an armadillo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kronosroses on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I've fought every cool ranch boss ten times and i still have not got a armadillo pet even though I'm a level 59 witchdoctor just from battling cool ranch bosses and i still don't have an armadillo
Hi Kronosroses.

I could meet you sometime in the game and farm the Midnight Bandit on his ship in Cooper's Roost Skyway if you would like. That is where I got my armadillo by the way. I have been farming him for a while for the Mighty Warrior's Robes. We could help each other by combining forces to try and get you the armadillo and me the robes. More enemies on the boards, so more chests and more chances to get what we are looking for. If you are interested, just leave the day, time, Time Zone, realm and your pirate's name in the post so I can meet you there. Just let me know.

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I can meet you in cooper's roost docks on Monday January 13 2014 at 4:59 pm Central time. Realm: Avery or Vadima.
My pirate's name is Faithful Tatiana Jackson.

Thank you.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kronosroses on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I can meet you in cooper's roost docks on Monday January 13 2014 at 4:59 pm Central time. Realm: Avery or Vadima.
My pirate's name is Faithful Tatiana Jackson.

Thank you.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson
That date and time sounds fine to me Tatiana- why don't we do Vadima realm if that is ok just to make sure, because there can be a lot of traffic in Avery.

I will see you at Cooper's Roost Docks on Monday.

And, You're Welcome!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
ok i'll see you at cooper's roost docks. Thanks again

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I got my Armadillo from Tyson at the traveling medicine show after farming el Guapo for two days. I got annoyed and went to Tyson. I changed realms and got the armadillo.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
He is listed to have dropped it on the Boot Hill fight and on the Silver Stallion fight.
Thx but I stopped farming him after I got a melee weapon better than my pearl handed peacemakers I'm farming midnight bandit niw for armadillo I'm 12 lvls above him lol bye bye midnight bandit

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I had been farming El Guapo for at least 3 hours every other day for about a month! I've had two tropical sky snake, a golden stingtail from him, and basically everything but the armadillo from him. After the frustration, I went on to Johnny Ringo and farmed him for at least 3 hours for two days. On the third day on my second or third fight I got my little Oli-pop (Oliver) the armadillo verde. It was totally worth it.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Could I come as well? I still don't have an Armadillo. I'm in Eastern time zone so that would be 3:59 pm right?

Jacob Lvl 65

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
BrownBeard094 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Could I come as well? I still don't have an Armadillo. I'm in Eastern time zone so that would be 3:59 pm right?

Jacob Lvl 65
Of course you are welcome to come Jacob.

With more pirates there will be more enemies, leaving more chests, thus increasing the chances of getting that little armadillo pet for you guys and the MIghty Warrior's Robes for me. I am on the Eastern Time as well but it would actually be 5:59 pm for us as we are 1 hour ahead of Central time. Just meet us at Cooper's Roost docks at -we'll just say 6:00 ETZ in realm Vadima. I will try to get there about 10-15 minutes early and stay at least 30 minutes until all show up.

See you then!

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I've gotten armadillos from Johnny Ringo, Frank & Jesse Cranes, and the last fight in the Old Jailhouse. It's a very rare drop, so farm for other gear you want in Cool Ranch, and You'll eventually get an Armadillo. I suggest farming for Valor's Armor gear. Like the 'dillo, VA only drops in CR.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
That date and time sounds fine to me Tatiana- why don't we do Vadima realm if that is ok just to make sure, because there can be a lot of traffic in Avery.

I will see you at Cooper's Roost Docks on Monday.

And, You're Welcome!
I'm coming too because I'm farming him just teach me how to change realms how do you do this

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Faith the Witchdoc... on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
What's so special about a armadillo?
It is a much more powerful pet. Unlike other pets, the Armadillo knows 2 Epics: Riposte and Relentless, instead of just one Epic. Many months ago, the Armadillo was as strong as any crew companion, and after fixing that glitch, everyone complained about how weak their Armadillos were. KingsIsle, being giving, caring, and awesome, upgraded the Armadillo with another Epic, setting it in front as the strongest and rarest pet you can get. Many players desire one, and the Armadillo hunt began! I hope this helps!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I'm coming too because I'm farming him just teach me how to change realms how do you do this
Hey Darius. Here is how to change realms.

• Click on the tab that looks like a gear- at the top of the screen, when icons drop down
  • Select 3rd tab labeled options- once again looks like a gear
  • Click on tab that is an icon of earth with a yellow, bi-directional area over it- (next to the star)
  • On left hand side there will be a listing of all available realms that you can choose (use the arrows at the bottom to flip through the 4 pages of realms
  • Click on the realm you wish to change to
  • Select green 'Go To Realm' tab and voila, magically you have changed realms.

Hope this helps- see you on Monday.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
To all or any who showed up to farm for the armadillo, I apologize for not being able to make it. One of my twins and my older son were sick so I was tending to there needs. I was able use my tablet to come on the boards and post but unable to log on and play. If you would like to reschedule for Friday Jan. 18th at 6:30 EST, in realm Vadima at Cooper's Roost docks, I would be happy to try again. I will be there regardless of any responses just to make sure.

Again, sorry for not making it tonight- hopefully if you did show you were at least finally able to get that illusive armadillo!

Valkoor Ohlen

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I received the armadillo verde as a surprise drop at The Watering Hole, in Cricket Cave, battling Nasty Nathan Burdett. So another drop location for the elusice little critter!