Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ship animations timing...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Hello K.I. I have a question about the timing of the animations in naval battles and would be grateful if someone would answer my question. Sometimes in naval battles, there will be an animation before the strike, most often from the horn, sometimes from the prow, and sometimes the animation will take quite a long time, like in phoenix strike, and you can use an attack with a quicker animation in between the time it takes from the time you press the button, to the time the attack actually hits. To use an example I have encountered, if you were to use phoenix strike, then before it hits, use benediction, would the plus 6% accuracy be applied to phoenix strike, because the attack has not yet hit? Or would it not be applied, because you already pressed the button?
I hope this makes sense.

If someone from the K.I. team would be kind enough to answer this post, I would appreciate it!

thanks for reading!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
ninja pirate on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Hello K.I. I have a question about the timing of the animations in naval battles and would be grateful if someone would answer my question. Sometimes in naval battles, there will be an animation before the strike, most often from the horn, sometimes from the prow, and sometimes the animation will take quite a long time, like in phoenix strike, and you can use an attack with a quicker animation in between the time it takes from the time you press the button, to the time the attack actually hits. To use an example I have encountered, if you were to use phoenix strike, then before it hits, use benediction, would the plus 6% accuracy be applied to phoenix strike, because the attack has not yet hit? Or would it not be applied, because you already pressed the button?
I hope this makes sense.

If someone from the K.I. team would be kind enough to answer this post, I would appreciate it!

thanks for reading!
On 9/26/13 Dockmaster Dan relayed this answer about sail powers through One Eyed Jack, found here.
So, since Benediction has a 3 second delay between you pressing the button and getting the accuracy buff, you should hit button 4 first to get Benediction first, then immediately push buttons 1 and 2 if they summon an entity to attack. If either is a direct fire attack, you will not get an accuracy bonus to hit with that attack unless it is between 3 seconds and the end of the benediction timer delay when you initiate the direct fire attack. Examples of a direct fire figurehead attack are Fiery Shot for Skull Island ships or Cimmerian Shot for Aquilan ships. Please time the delay between pressing the button and seeing the Phoenix Strike animation hit and post it for us here, if you will.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Sorry for the (very) long delay, haven't had much time to play recently. That, and I sold the horn, so I had to reacquire it. Anyway, I timed it to about four seconds. Also, I admit I could have phrased my question a bit better. What I was asking is if I were to use the phoenix strike, then immediately use benediction, so that the accuracy buff from benediction is still applied before phoenix strike actually hit, would I still get the accuracy buff even though my phoenix strike is already in action?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
You said, "about 4 seconds". I'm willing to bet it's the same 3 second delay that Dockmaster Dan verified is on Benediction. To be safe I suggest you press button 4 first, then immediately press button 1 and 2.