Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stuck on Cave of Lamos

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Help, I'm stuck on the Cave of Lamos and I'm a lvl 65 witchdoctor. So far I've gotten to the fight with Chief Aniphates. So the first part of the battle when there are 3 laestrygoneans and 1 manticore I do ok but when Anipantes and the 2 maticores join,I get defeated pretty fast. I've tried using different companions, different gear, and henchmen, but I keep losing, and any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance

Two-Faced Darcy Freeman

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Wait, what! You're max level and still on that? This should be a walk in the park for you!
But anyway, you should be defensive. Since you're aware that more enemies spawn, make sure you dont go rushing ahead, sacrificing your companions for a "Quick-Kill". Also, picking the right companions would help, such as El Toro, and Bonnie anne. Maybe using Valor's shield or Tritons song if you trained it would help a bit. Try not to discard all your powers, since it is quite a lengthy battle, and you'll need the most you can get. And chain lightning could possibly kill all the enemies, if you're lucky enough, so try it. You never know if you'll get lucky enough. Try saving your bonnie's heal until you're very low or dead, since if you do it at high hp you'll gain a tremendously small amount, and if you do it and somehow die the following turn you're dead for good, and have no way to heal out of it.
And if you kill the boss, i don't think they'll keep spawning.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
Hi. If you need some assistance i'd be happy to help you on my Musk. 2 maxed lvl's working together should be able to advance by :).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My best strategy was to put Valor's Armor on my Necromancer pig and boosting his will and damage and turning him loose. He could take out an enemy by himself in one turn or have them so wobbly that any of my other companions with an additional hit after they take someone out would easily finish them off and start in on someone else. If I got my Scratchy in the same battle I would protect him too and those two witchdoctors would clean house. Bonnie Anne and El Toro were my best second mates, Anne for her burst fire and overwatch high damage and El toro would boost the low accuracy of Scratchy and then Toro would just be, well Toro and slice and dice his way through most anyone.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
My best strategy was to put Valor's Armor on my Necromancer pig and boosting his will and damage and turning him loose. He could take out an enemy by himself in one turn or have them so wobbly that any of my other companions with an additional hit after they take someone out would easily finish them off and start in on someone else. If I got my Scratchy in the same battle I would protect him too and those two witchdoctors would clean house. Bonnie Anne and El Toro were my best second mates, Anne for her burst fire and overwatch high damage and El toro would boost the low accuracy of Scratchy and then Toro would just be, well Toro and slice and dice his way through most anyone.
Excellent strategies Chrissy

You really seem to know how to get the most out of your companions so they can be more effectively potent. Awesome to see your loyalty to good ol' Scratchy and Bonnie. Would love to get some of your tips and strategies on the Players Helping Players thread. You have some wonderful advice, that's for sure. If not, no biggie- I still like to read what wisdom you have to offer on some of the other threads. Anyway, keep slicing and dicing.

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Thanks to everyone who replied your suggestions really helped and I got past it earlier today

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Christopher Grimm on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
Hi. If you need some assistance i'd be happy to help you on my Musk. 2 maxed lvl's working together should be able to advance by :).
Welcome to the message board family Christopher. Your help and expertise is highly appreciated.