Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
A word of advice in the Nefarious Five fight,Faye.She may look and seem charming,pretty,good*slaps self* but she is not,and if you do get charmed,that might be the bane of your crew.

Also,don't try to give her flowers,she's allergic.
wait. . . . she is allergic to flowers?

GUYS, I HAVE A NEW STRATEGY FOR THE NEFARIOUS FIVE FIGHT!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Blixet on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
wait. . . . she is allergic to flowers?

GUYS, I HAVE A NEW STRATEGY FOR THE NEFARIOUS FIVE FIGHT!
Indeed,she has some very fertile weaknesses to explore.

Though,when fighting them,try to save some of your powers for later,as that's when they finally bloom.Her allies you are to pluck out,be it by a petal sword,or a flowerful staff.And if you have Sluggish,they are going to be quite daisy.

Of course,even we don't plant these strategies firmly enough in our minds,and new ideas always stem.You don't need to always take a leaf out of my book!

But just as long as you rose that intelligent military genius inside you,you'll surely stomp over Moo's poppies.

So even if Moo wants you to begonia from the Spiral altogether,enjoy the thymes you spend with your friends.

I really want to get the Mask of the Lotus,beside charming gaze,it just looks pansy!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:

Though,when fighting them,try to save some of your powers for later,as that's when they finally bloom.Her allies you are to pluck out,be it by a petal sword,or a flowerful staff.And if you have Sluggish,they are going to be quite daisy.

Of course,even we don't plant these strategies firmly enough in our minds,and new ideas always stem.You don't need to always take a leaf out of my book!

But just as long as you rose that intelligent military genius inside you,you'll surely stomp over Moo's poppies.

So even if Moo wants you to begonia from the Spiral altogether,enjoy the thymes you spend with your friends.

I really want to get the Mask of the Lotus,beside charming gaze,it just looks pansy!
Oh and I hope those tower runs prove fruitful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Lol Can't stop laughing. Brilliant. The seeds of a new punishment plot have been sown over here. *Pops popcorn and sits back to watch the reaping begin.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
so something I noticed, and I am 6/6 on tries atm, ratbeard cannot be charmed?

6 battles, multiple encounters, never charmed once.....

impressive ratbeard

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Holy crops that was too funny Felix! I was laughing so hard I nearly soiled....... Such a bouquet of wise tips, so much so, that my own tulips could not harvest more bountiful ones. You really had a field day and put the petal to the metal with that potpourri of plentiful punage.

To be able to harvest any of the great gear that Faye was garden, would have my mouth watering. Even one of those corrupted pets....you know, one of the not-so dandy lions. When I Ginger-ly fought her I was so hoping she'd plant a pot of goodies-- guess I could or should have just Aster, but I suppose that's the Impatiens in me. And besides I don't think she would have given me an Anther.

WHAT IN CARNATION!? Oops sorry, just felt something in my Iris, thought I would have to irrigate my eye-- turned out to just be one of my Baby's Breath. Oh, and this is off topic, but I ran into a friend of mine outside the Towah of our Nefawious Nemoosis, named Dark Cynthia Webb. So as I planted myself on the sigil, I let out a cascade of- "Hiya Cinth!" She didn't respond, guess it was because she was branching out with her other friend, Noble Quincy Radcliffe. So I bellowed out "Ahoy Quince!" to which they both responded "you are such a Daffodil". Yep, that's me for sure, a horse of a different Calla.

I jumped off the sigil and at that moment the tower blossomed out Red Susan Kidd and Surly Susan Voss. They had just gotten that nefarious skeleton mask lookin' thingy, so I was like "WHOAH, check out those Black-Eyed Susans!" (even though their eyes glowed red, I was more rooted on their eye sockets). So I tried to get a couple good screenshots of their fruitful bounties, but I couldn't get a good pic of both of them together.....never was to good at Photo Synthesis. Did get a shot of them and their amazing gear stats. By the looks of those 2, they definitely weren't Pansies! Only goes to show that you wreath what you sow!

Oh, sorry back to Faye! Yeah she has more charm than a pocketful of posies, best to bring some great buds like you did and turn that ol' bulb on in your brain, that's were good ideas germinate. Gotta stay one step ahead of her, because she can be quite a thorn in your side! Oh, I just had an e-pith-any! Never mind weed that comment out, it was just indigestion.

Well, best be going....hate to leaf so suddenly, but I'm running out of stamina. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, Felix they were both charming and had me laughing and rolling on the flor-al.

And what do you call falling leaves during really nasty weather?........................Blade Storm!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Logan Sharp on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
so something I noticed, and I am 6/6 on tries atm, ratbeard cannot be charmed?

6 battles, multiple encounters, never charmed once.....

impressive ratbeard
You got lucky. Yes, Ratbeard can be charmed. But he's still impressive ( especially when he mows down a pet or companion ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Holy crops that was too funny Felix! I was laughing so hard I nearly soiled....... Such a bouquet of wise tips, so much so, that my own tulips could not harvest more bountiful ones. You really had a field day and put the petal to the metal with that potpourri of plentiful punage.

To be able to harvest any of the great gear that Faye was garden, would have my mouth watering. Even one of those corrupted pets....you know, one of the not-so dandy lions. When I Ginger-ly fought her I was so hoping she'd plant a pot of goodies-- guess I could or should have just Aster, but I suppose that's the Impatiens in me. And besides I don't think she would have given me an Anther.

WHAT IN CARNATION!? Oops sorry, just felt something in my Iris, thought I would have to irrigate my eye-- turned out to just be one of my Baby's Breath. Oh, and this is off topic, but I ran into a friend of mine outside the Towah of our Nefawious Nemoosis, named Dark Cynthia Webb. So as I planted myself on the sigil, I let out a cascade of- "Hiya Cinth!" She didn't respond, guess it was because she was branching out with her other friend, Noble Quincy Radcliffe. So I bellowed out "Ahoy Quince!" to which they both responded "you are such a Daffodil". Yep, that's me for sure, a horse of a different Calla.

I jumped off the sigil and at that moment the tower blossomed out Red Susan Kidd and Surly Susan Voss. They had just gotten that nefarious skeleton mask lookin' thingy, so I was like "WHOAH, check out those Black-Eyed Susans!" (even though their eyes glowed red, I was more rooted on their eye sockets). So I tried to get a couple good screenshots of their fruitful bounties, but I couldn't get a good pic of both of them together.....never was to good at Photo Synthesis. Did get a shot of them and their amazing gear stats. By the looks of those 2, they definitely weren't Pansies! Only goes to show that you wreath what you sow!

Oh, sorry back to Faye! Yeah she has more charm than a pocketful of posies, best to bring some great buds like you did and turn that ol' bulb on in your brain, that's were good ideas germinate. Gotta stay one step ahead of her, because she can be quite a thorn in your side! Oh, I just had an e-pith-any! Never mind weed that comment out, it was just indigestion.

Well, best be going....hate to leaf so suddenly, but I'm running out of stamina. I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, Felix they were both charming and had me laughing and rolling on the flor-al.

And what do you call falling leaves during really nasty weather?........................Blade Storm!
Sheesh! You certainly rose to Felix's challenge. I'm green with Ivy at your skill. If you could columbine your wit with your skill in battle, no one wood oppose you, your bark wood truly be worse than your fight!
Mayflower you ever bloom with puns!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Sheesh! You certainly rose to Felix's challenge. I'm green with Ivy at your skill. If you could columbine your wit with your skill in battle, no one wood oppose you, your bark wood truly be worse than your fight!
Mayflower you ever bloom with puns!
Thank you, thank ye! Impressive, not so bad yourself, lol.

Very nicely done Esperanza. I see the glory of the pun is contagious and reaches all and takes no prisoners! You gave me a brilliant yet unsettling idea. Mega puns launched in epic battles. From now on chatted puns will be raining down like the falls in Catbeard's Lair whenever I am in battle. Hmm, may have to rethink this, might have trouble finding battle mates to keep me com-pun-y.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Must I ask, where is the quest to Moo Manchu, even though I got to the ninth level my me my self only, it's because my friend entered it and I teleported then he left, so without a drout of a doubt, where is this quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Valkoor that has got to be the most impressive Pun Slam that I have ever read. You totally planted Felix and topped it off with plenty of punure. Water you gonna do to topsoil this one You have got to be the most fertile punnster I have ever heard of. I gotta just let this germinate and let the giggles once more bloom.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

......Nothing, absolutely nothing I could possibly say would top this........or even be close to competing with it........Valkoor, I don't think I've ever read a post that was more groan-worthy. Congratulations. There isn't an emoticon fir this occasion! (See, I tried.) I know I've said it multiple times, both here on the boards and in-game, but never ever ever stop making these amazing yet awful puns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Must I ask, where is the quest to Moo Manchu, even though I got to the ninth level my me my self only, it's because my friend entered it and I teleported then he left, so without a drout of a doubt, where is this quest.
You must first complete the side quests for Lord Chagatai; these are: The Moo Manchurian Candidate & Shoot the Messenger ( this one sends you to the Abe Pagoda ). When you finish these two quests, return to Skull Island & the pelican outside Avery's office should have the quest for you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You were SO close. Moo is on the 10th floor.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor that has got to be the most impressive Pun Slam that I have ever read. You totally planted Felix and topped it off with plenty of punure. Water you gonna do to topsoil this one You have got to be the most fertile punnster I have ever heard of. I gotta just let this germinate and let the giggles once more bloom.
Thank you Chrissy! You certainly know how to rise to the occasion as well! Your usage of puns is nothing to scoff at either. I love the pun, it loves me.......we are quite happy in our own little pun paradise-- together, forever, never to part, eternity bound. Ok, that was a bit weird, but, yeah I really enjoy the PUN!

"punure"........rofl!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
......Nothing, absolutely nothing I could possibly say would top this........or even be close to competing with it........Valkoor, I don't think I've ever read a post that was more groan-worthy. Congratulations. There isn't an emoticon fir this occasion! (See, I tried.) I know I've said it multiple times, both here on the boards and in-game, but never ever ever stop making these amazing yet awful puns.
I know right? Aren't they horribly awful? That's what the wonderful pun is all about!

When it comes to puns, I am awe full and an all fool that is all full of awful-- and I'm not afraid to use it! Thank you Misty and I am glad that you enjoyed it, sorry for all the groans I induced. Hey and "fir" was a great one as well!

What do you call it when you discipline a bad little Altoid by making it listen to awful puns?

......Pun-ish-mint

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

Wow,you really outdandalioned yourself,didn't you?Sorry it took me so long to reap the rewards of your plunting,but I see others have been smelling the flowers of your humor.

There's just a lot of seeds to plant in stories.Jack Nightingale is leafing the boards,and I don't want him to begonia,but with school,and his membership ending,there's not a lot of time for him to be here and make absurd puns.

Now,on Central,you said you planted a few seeds,you never mentioned all of this!My skills are very pore compared to yours.Wither or not this thread is growing into too much,I do not know,but it is bearing fruit!

Valkoor,I told Misty the debrie joke the other day.You should see her reaction.Probably the most cheesy joke I had told her so far.No wonder she wasn't too keen on milking it,I could see her face grow sour from behind my screen.It is a pretty gouda joke.Indeed,it's like I was bucheron,the pun,I understand why she had a Tête de Moine!

Okay,this is going pretty far and as you can see,I am running out of plant puns so I am trying to move to cheese,but this is not what this thread is about,so...blessings and giggles on you all.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
Wow,you really outdandalioned yourself,didn't you?Sorry it took me so long to reap the rewards of your plunting,but I see others have been smelling the flowers of your humor.

There's just a lot of seeds to plant in stories.Jack Nightingale is leafing the boards,and I don't want him to begonia,but with school,and his membership ending,there's not a lot of time for him to be here and make absurd puns.

Now,on Central,you said you planted a few seeds,you never mentioned all of this!My skills are very pore compared to yours.Wither or not this thread is growing into too much,I do not know,but it is bearing fruit!

Valkoor,I told Misty the debrie joke the other day.You should see her reaction.Probably the most cheesy joke I had told her so far.No wonder she wasn't too keen on milking it,I could see her face grow sour from behind my screen.It is a pretty gouda joke.Indeed,it's like I was bucheron,the pun,I understand why she had a Tête de Moine!

Okay,this is going pretty far and as you can see,I am running out of plant puns so I am trying to move to cheese,but this is not what this thread is about,so...blessings and giggles on you all.
Very nicely done Felix and super funny too. Who doesn't love puns, flowers and cheese. Well, maybe someone that is allergic to any of the three or heavens for bid, all three of them.

But yes you are right, the thread seems to have taken a bit of a right turn on a NASCAR track. So I will get back to the business at hand. But first I must thank you for the wonderful creativity, the laughs, the puns and the blessings as well as the giggles....and send them right back at you.

So.......here's a small little tip for the pet enthusiasts out there.

Pirate Leveling/Energy Refill Tip

This is a simple little tip that may be useful to those that pirates that have not yet maxed out and also enjoy training up numerous faithful little critters. We all know that with the Spiral Economy these days, Energy for pet training is so hard to come by and even harder to keep around. This is especially true if you are like me and are training several pets at the same time (several pages for me) and once those pets start to level up and use more Energy per training event.

If your pirate is close to leveling up, make sure to train as many pets as possible and use up all Energy before you go do a quest that will level your pirate up. When you level up, your Energy will refill to the new max for that level in the same manner as your health does. So, you can finish training as many pets as possible, go do the quest or quests that will level you up, and then have a full bottle of energy to train more pets with.

This is especially helpful in those spots in the game where you level up rather quickly and if you have many pets to train as well as early in the game.

Just a little tip that may help your cute cuddlies and sinister sidekicks level up a wee bit faster.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Can someone answer my question?

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Can someone tell me what's going on? I talked to Lord Chagtai in Mooshu for the Moo Manchu quest, it was all easy, and for the final battle I had to battle Moo Manchu in this temple where he tried to summon his evil terracotta warriors, and I don't know what to do, if it's the right thing or what.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
Can someone tell me what's going on? I talked to Lord Chagtai in Mooshu for the Moo Manchu quest, it was all easy, and for the final battle I had to battle Moo Manchu in this temple where he tried to summon his evil terracotta warriors, and I don't know what to do, if it's the right thing or what.
Are you talking about the Tomb of Kow Cheng?Or the last floor of the Tower of Winter's Fury?

And while we're on that,do you not understand the Story?Or the fighting?Because the former is my fort,much more than the latter.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
OH, nevermind. You talk to Lord Chagtai again. x face palm x

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
Are you talking about the Tomb of Kow Cheng?Or the last floor of the Tower of Winter's Fury?

And while we're on that,do you not understand the Story?Or the fighting?Because the former is my fort,much more than the latter.
I was talking about the tomb of Kow Cheng, I figured it out now though, anyone up for a tower run? I need help, I only made it to the 4th floor solo,

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
I was talking about the tomb of Kow Cheng, I figured it out now though, anyone up for a tower run? I need help, I only made it to the 4th floor solo,
Never mind, just call me Brave Wolf West the Tower Titan.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
I'd offer to join you for a tower run Wolf, but my schedule is pretty hectic these days and a 2+ hour block of time is hard to coordinate for me. Perhaps if you posted a new thread to try and organize a Tower Storming Party, you may get some responses from some great pirates and posters, and form a nice group to take on Moo and his Nefarious Forces.