Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bad timing on the crown sale KI

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Who doesn't love crowns? Who doesn't love getting 50% more crowns? Who is actually able to get the crowns at this time? I don't know about you guys, but I am not really buying anything until AFTER Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate). I am, getting money to spend on crowns for Christmas, but if you guys are only offering sales before hand, it isn't very effective. Plus, you can't gift wrap crowns and wait until the right day to hand it to someone. If you really want to be as effective as you want to be, I suggest offering crown/subscription sales from Christmas until about a week or 2 after, giving people time to spend their holiday cash on the crowns we want, when we can get them at a very convenient time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You can always get gift certificates during the sales to give.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Elemutation on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Who doesn't love crowns? Who doesn't love getting 50% more crowns? Who is actually able to get the crowns at this time? I don't know about you guys, but I am not really buying anything until AFTER Christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate). I am, getting money to spend on crowns for Christmas, but if you guys are only offering sales before hand, it isn't very effective. Plus, you can't gift wrap crowns and wait until the right day to hand it to someone. If you really want to be as effective as you want to be, I suggest offering crown/subscription sales from Christmas until about a week or 2 after, giving people time to spend their holiday cash on the crowns we want, when we can get them at a very convenient time.
Actually there is a way to somewhat "gift wrap crowns" if you have some accounts joined in a family plan.

I heard it is possible to transfer crowns from one account to another if they are joined that way.
So you can buy crowns now and then transfer them to a family joined account.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I disagree! I think it was GREAT timing for the sale on crowns, and I bought boatloads, for my wiz and pirates.
They're pretty much all gone now, spent them on that most AWESOME Noelephant for all my characters as well as several others.

Course another round AFTER Christmas wouldn't hurt.