Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Was this in beta?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
I saw videos of the text in puppet shows writing as the character is talking instead of showing all at once.

Administrator
That does sound familiar. I remember seeing the puppet shows in Alpha and Beta and many of them lacked coloration and there was scrolling text -- in fact, I believe I remember quite a few bug reports about the timing of the scrolling text and the voice over.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Oh, and look at the stages at the beggining of these two

* Edited by One-Eyed Jack -- Sorry no unapproved links*

See? The first link is the Skull Island stage filled with blackguards, brigands, cutthroats, etc. but the second one is the Monquista one with no one watching. Not to mention Catbeard's name is in a different font on the tag next to his portrait.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Yes the stages always have changed per world, I believe. (Not sure about Catbeard's nametag...)

And until I read this, I thought the text still did write itself out as the characters talked! Nice catch. Yes, that was in beta.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Yes the stages always have changed per world, I believe. (Not sure about Catbeard's nametag...)

And until I read this, I thought the text still did write itself out as the characters talked! Nice catch. Yes, that was in beta.
It was the same puppet show....It normally should be the skull island stage, but one of the videos has the Monquista stage. not to mention there are no Monquistadors watching like it should be like.