Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Peculiar chest

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
There seems to be a peculiar chest in the Old Hang'em Jail cell block instance, where you encounter Captain Foote for the last time. When you enter the instance, a chest pops up behind a pillar. It appears on the combat grid with an 'interactable' note, but it is X'd out, and you can not interact with it in battle. Fair enough. But after the fight, you can't interact with it (no pop up message, does not open).

No biggie, but it did seem curious as I saw it specifically pop in out of thin air. Made me just wonder what it was supposed to do. This observation is reproduceable.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
There seems to be a peculiar chest in the Old Hang'em Jail cell block instance, where you encounter Captain Foote for the last time. When you enter the instance, a chest pops up behind a pillar. It appears on the combat grid with an 'interactable' note, but it is X'd out, and you can not interact with it in battle. Fair enough. But after the fight, you can't interact with it (no pop up message, does not open).

No biggie, but it did seem curious as I saw it specifically pop in out of thin air. Made me just wonder what it was supposed to do. This observation is reproduceable.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Very interesting, I did not notice this when I battled through there- too caught up in the heat of the battle, I suppose Now you have me wanting to check it out for myself- not that I would gain anything from it. I just like to see oddball, off the wall stuff the game has to offer.

Now I bid you adieu, for it is off to Old Hang'em Jail without further delay

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea I always wondered that too. I thought it was just me and that I had forgotten or missed something. Good to know that it is not just me being blond.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Yea I always wondered that too. I thought it was just me and that I had forgotten or missed something. Good to know that it is not just me being blond.
can some one plz help me :(

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Very interesting, I did not notice this when I battled through there- too caught up in the heat of the battle, I suppose Now you have me wanting to check it out for myself- not that I would gain anything from it. I just like to see oddball, off the wall stuff the game has to offer.

Now I bid you adieu, for it is off to Old Hang'em Jail without further delay
Hmmm more fodder for The Twilight Zone files. LOL

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
Hmmm more fodder for The Twilight Zone files. LOL
My thoughts exactly........and so the album grows and thus the legend of the Screenshot Siren blazes on
(couldn't think of too many S words that fit- skaliwag and swashbuckler didn't seem to do ya justice)

Administrator
Hi! Just thought I'd let you know that we've also noticed this chest, and we're removing it in a future update.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
mr awesome on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
What kind of help are you looking for mr awesome If you explain a little bit about what may be troubling you, I am sure someone will do their best to help out. The resident veterans of the boards always seem to be willing to help anyway they can, if they are able to I am much newer to the boards than them, but if it is something I can do, I will certainly try my best to give you a hand.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 9, 2013 wrote:
My thoughts exactly........and so the album grows and thus the legend of the Screenshot Siren blazes on
(couldn't think of too many S words that fit- skaliwag and swashbuckler didn't seem to do ya justice)
LOL * Still laughing* You are very funny . I have had a lot of nick names and that is surely a new one but I kind of like it, lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
mr awesome on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Hi Mr. Awesome, welcome to the message boards. What do you need help with?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
LOL * Still laughing* You are very funny . I have had a lot of nick names and that is surely a new one but I kind of like it, lol
Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you liked it- I think it is a name to be proud of .

Just keep doing what you're doing. By the looks (your massive screenshot archives ) and sounds (your love for the peculiar, under the surface and behind the scenes parts of the game) of it, it seems that you would do well in some type of computer animation or game developing.