Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers aren't strong enough in PvP!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
stormninja542 on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
Swashbucklers wouldn't be so weak in pvp if we hadn't received bad powers and epic talents after marleybone and aquila. KI you really need to boost hurl knives, first strike rank 3, and especially gambit of steel. Make hurl knives do times 2 damage instead of times 1. Have first strike rank 3 put a minor accuracy debuff on your opponent. Get rid of the trigger epic side effect on gambit of steel and have it do times 2 damage to all adjacent enemies or, deal times 1 damage to all adjacent enemies and stun all adjacent enemies for 1 round.
some of this is very insulting to the buccaneer class... all buccaneers get are special attacks with accuracy drops to them and by giving swashbucklers accuracy drop cards and stun cards the buccaneer becomes pointless in comparisson.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
So we do live in alternate dimensions....
Lol since these are based on observations then no one is really wrong. These things are stated based on what the poster has seen. Some see more or different things than others do so what is viewed can change how you think. No one is wrong, you just see things differently and that is perfectly ok. How you see it may win or lose a match but that is the whole point of PvP anyway. So you are all spot on.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
So we do live in alternate dimensions....
Sigh, did you actually read my post or do you just not understand that 3 melees are viable in PvP?

Feel free to ask around or look for good and seasoned PvP'ers to a battle. While not all will run full melee, there will be some that do. To make things a bit clearer for you, just because you can't find a use or the right strategy for running full melee does not mean it's not used. Try being open to things instead of rejecting anything or anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion, you'll learn more that way...

Ensign
Feb 08, 2014
DeathWiz101378 on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I'm just realizing how swashbucklers are the 2nd worst pvp class (no offence but i think buccaneers are 1st worst).
We're meant to be the strongest class yet we only have 3 sneak attacks, and most of these aren't strong enough. We die easily when facing witchdoctors, musketeers or even privateers. I know we can cross the board in 2 turns but our companions wont follow.
I have a few ideas on what we should get in the new 15 level (hopefully) update :
Relentless (35% bonus attack when you hit)
Relentless 2 (35% bonus attack when you hit, 3 times per round)
Assassin's Snare (X2 damage poison, prevents powers, 3 rounds)
Excavation (X4 damage plus 3 round bleeding)
Enduring Shadowdance (+3 critical chance, 7 rounds)
Assassin's speed (Dodge next 2 incoming powers -witchdoctor powers, musketeer powers, inferno round powers that cant be dodged etc-)
So what do you think? Sure, it may seem a little op but we really need something good, we dont deal enough damage currently, expecially for the "Rouge class". I know Assassin's speed is kinda op, but it's what we need since we cant dodge powers. Tell me what you think or new powers please, :-)

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
1. swashes aren't the strongest. If you meant real strength then that goes to buccaneers.
(Powers/talents)
.Relentless is a good thing as many swash compainions get it. same with relentless 2.
Assassin's snare. That is a little op as you take away the powers.
Excavation. X4 damage? That can go good with the bleeding as other classes have natural defences (Not buccaneer). Musketer:traps Witch:Stay far away. privy:Buffs.
Enduring shadowdance. This is good because it is a privy type power but good for the swash.
Assassin's speed. Wait it doesn't increase speed?. Oh and instead of dogdeing the next 2 powers it would be have a 75% to dogde all powers for two round 100% to dogde traps., Plus a speed boost (not X2 but maybe +3.) This would make a gamechanging buff so you could use it to get close to muskets.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I haven't played for about 4 months, but it doesn't seem like much has changed. I do think that as time has gone by Swashbucklers have become a little less powerful in pvp. I like pvp so I made a Musketeer and a Witchdoctor and guess what...unless your strategy is sound all classes can fail you. There is nothing wrong with Swashbucklers in pvp. In fact if you battle in an arena within someone's home they are almost unbeatable. However if you are a purist and choose only to pvp in the Spar Chamber or Brawlin' Hall they are still formidable...you just have to be patient and choose your companions right.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I've decided to list what I do myself as a Swashbuckler, and feel free to criticize and poke holes in this strategy. I do it a little weird, but it works! I use El Toro, Hawkules, and Bonnie. This is usually just a poke team but it can be deadly efficient. Hawkules is kinda balanced with a 2/3 vengeance strike and a 2/3 relentless ( I run 2 vengeance 3 relentless) since he spams relentless a lot, and bypasses that annoying agility/will and magic resist on ranged companions/players, and more often than not can get them downed in the first time he attacks them. Vengeance strike just covers him against melee and gives a chance to use relentless on said melee. He surprisingly Works against Swashbucklers. No joke. With accuracy, armor, health, and damage maxed of course... Bonnie, I use quick draw 2 and burst 2, so she basically will win a gun fight with the most over used bonnie/zeena/nausica set more often than not. El toro is to buff myself and hawk, give bonnie a nice accuracy cushion and likelihood to actually use stock assault. I have a hat that has call to arms as well, so Elusive users beware... I basically use call to arms when the fighting starts along with Toro using Espirit. Toro can be debatable on epics, but I run 2 riposte 2 relentless, kind of to assist hawk in the quest to knock everything around. I've won using that strategy 99/100 times. My gear is also super stocked and invested in dodge, Including Elusive. and I have an assassin's strike shirt from Mooshu. (I would honestly say where it can be found if I could remember, but I remember getting during the Yakooza quests? So maybe the tax collector.) Then I would just kinda adjust to the opponent's strategy and head from there. Example:against the classic privateer that uses the 3 Over Used muskets, bonnie, zeena, and nausica, I hide behind a pole in brawling hall/spar chamber, wait for them to spam buffs, stall even further via any means necessary, and when forced to fight, call to arms/Assassin's strike (Depending how my specials are liking me) and espirit from toro, and Focus fire with Hawk and Bonnie on the least protected member. in a house arena I simply rush the privateer/most important musket and carry from there. The reason for my Hugely stocked dodge is that a LOT of people try to take the player out FIRST. Won't be that easy when I'm in a whole heap of dodge stats, would it? Hope this helps a few people!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuncanRoland The E... on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I've decided to list what I do myself as a Swashbuckler, and feel free to criticize and poke holes in this strategy. I do it a little weird, but it works! I use El Toro, Hawkules, and Bonnie. This is usually just a poke team but it can be deadly efficient. Hawkules is kinda balanced with a 2/3 vengeance strike and a 2/3 relentless ( I run 2 vengeance 3 relentless) since he spams relentless a lot, and bypasses that annoying agility/will and magic resist on ranged companions/players, and more often than not can get them downed in the first time he attacks them. Vengeance strike just covers him against melee and gives a chance to use relentless on said melee. He surprisingly Works against Swashbucklers. No joke. With accuracy, armor, health, and damage maxed of course... Bonnie, I use quick draw 2 and burst 2, so she basically will win a gun fight with the most over used bonnie/zeena/nausica set more often than not. El toro is to buff myself and hawk, give bonnie a nice accuracy cushion and likelihood to actually use stock assault. I have a hat that has call to arms as well, so Elusive users beware... I basically use call to arms when the fighting starts along with Toro using Espirit. Toro can be debatable on epics, but I run 2 riposte 2 relentless, kind of to assist hawk in the quest to knock everything around. I've won using that strategy 99/100 times. My gear is also super stocked and invested in dodge, Including Elusive. and I have an assassin's strike shirt from Mooshu. (I would honestly say where it can be found if I could remember, but I remember getting during the Yakooza quests? So maybe the tax collector.) Then I would just kinda adjust to the opponent's strategy and head from there. Example:against the classic privateer that uses the 3 Over Used muskets, bonnie, zeena, and nausica, I hide behind a pole in brawling hall/spar chamber, wait for them to spam buffs, stall even further via any means necessary, and when forced to fight, call to arms/Assassin's strike (Depending how my specials are liking me) and espirit from toro, and Focus fire with Hawk and Bonnie on the least protected member. in a house arena I simply rush the privateer/most important musket and carry from there. The reason for my Hugely stocked dodge is that a LOT of people try to take the player out FIRST. Won't be that easy when I'm in a whole heap of dodge stats, would it? Hope this helps a few people!
Great training tips here. Perhaps we could convince you to contribute in the PHP thread?

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Great training tips here. Perhaps we could convince you to contribute in the PHP thread?
You may consider me convinced. At least I'll help a few folks by doing so. And thank you.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Pickletastik on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
You're pretty powerful already. Let me explain why you have 3 poison spells one preventing healing. That's a lot of damage over time combined with your Five 2x damage attacks one providing bleeding and assassins strike 3x damage with bleeding. With grand shadow dance for many criticals. If you average 300 damage all those attacks damages combined seemed to calculate to 4800 Not to mention if you got some epic hits in there. Even after all this you still think your weak maybe you need some new gear. Blades of shade from Cadmus are pretty good for swash, And life kamis jewel from water guardian is also pretty good. It gives great juju combine that with blades of shade you will be pretty powerful! Good luck guys hope this helps you realize every class is balanced in pvp! . If you don't think they are leave that to Ki To handle.
I don't think Swashbucklers are necessarily underpowered, but they are at a distinct disadvantage in pvp when facing ranged units. Still, with a good strategy and a little luck I do well with my Swashbuckler. Now if you want to calculate some damage...with Mega Blast my Musketeer can do well over 3,000 damage in one round...not over the course of a battle like you calculate for the Swashbuckler. Add Quick Draw and Double Tap in there and the figure can approach 4,000. Of course with First Strike and Riposte figured in, my Swashbuckler approaches 3,000 damage sometimes in one round and deals high damage much more consistently than my Musketeer. Combined with insanely high Dodge, Swashbucklers are still the undisputed champions of melee units in pve. For pvp, though, I'll stick with my Musketeer and Witchdoctor.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
seasnake on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
some of this is very insulting to the buccaneer class... all buccaneers get are special attacks with accuracy drops to them and by giving swashbucklers accuracy drop cards and stun cards the buccaneer becomes pointless in comparisson.
Well I don't know what to say other than buccaneers and swashbucklers are underpowered in pvp.

Ensign
Sep 18, 2012
Hello all. I have been seeing all these posts about how bucks are the "worst" or have a huge disadvantage, but I must say that this is just not true. My buck has current gear of 3 assassin strikes, 2 valor fortresses, and a levy. Now I have faced a bunch of musketeers and privateers over my PVP career. I have almost won every single PVP with these classes. Sometimes I don't even need to take my companions out of the starting point! So I must say that any class can beat any class with the right strategy. So It would be nice if all of you players would stop saying buck is the weakest class. Every class can be strong with the right strategy.

Edward Teach

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Antonio364182 on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Hello all. I have been seeing all these posts about how bucks are the "worst" or have a huge disadvantage, but I must say that this is just not true. My buck has current gear of 3 assassin strikes, 2 valor fortresses, and a levy. Now I have faced a bunch of musketeers and privateers over my PVP career. I have almost won every single PVP with these classes. Sometimes I don't even need to take my companions out of the starting point! So I must say that any class can beat any class with the right strategy. So It would be nice if all of you players would stop saying buck is the weakest class. Every class can be strong with the right strategy.

Edward Teach
Welcome to the message boards Edward. You make a great point and very well said.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I'm just realizing how swashbucklers are the 2nd worst pvp class (no offence but i think buccaneers are 1st worst).
We're meant to be the strongest class yet we only have 3 sneak attacks, and most of these aren't strong enough. We die easily when facing witchdoctors, musketeers or even privateers. I know we can cross the board in 2 turns but our companions wont follow.
I have a few ideas on what we should get in the new 15 level (hopefully) update :
Assassin's speed (Dodge next 2 incoming powers -witchdoctor powers, musketeer powers, inferno round powers that cant be dodged etc-)
So what do you think? Sure, it may seem a little op but we really need something good, we dont deal enough damage currently, expecially for the "Rouge class". I know Assassin's speed is kinda op, but it's what we need since we cant dodge powers. Tell me what you think or new powers please, :-)

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Sheesh. I should stop reading these threads, but they get me so fired to vomit out information.

Wait.

Anyways, we'll start laying out the Swashbuckler and its vastly underestimated abilities.

First Strike
C'mon now. You cannot say a Swashbuckler is underpowered when they have an epic like this under their wing. The ability to hit before your opponent, to get the first laugh, to intimidate those with Vengeance Strike. You cannot deny this as being one of the most useful epics a Pirate can have, and with its Rank 3, you can strike before sneak attacks. Definitely useful when those other pesky pirates try to use a sneak attack on you.

Riposte
Perhaps one of the most beloved epics. The ability to retaliate after deflecting your enemy's hit with even more power. Combine this with the Swashbuckler's high dodge and I can't really see any reason to complain about their strength against melee units. This represents the true finesse possessed by Swashbucklers.

Jump
I love this epic so much. Every ship battle I participate in, I can just glide to the other side, before they have a chance to even get on the boards to my ship. Not only that, but it's useful when Musketeers use their pesky obstacle powers to try and seal themselves from melee units. Definitely another show of Swashbuckler stealth.

Strikes
The most powerful melee attacks in the game. ( In terms of one turn hits ) The ability to do up to 3x your own damage against an enemy. Even a Buccaneer with a Levy Call is going to take some serious damage these hits, especially with a follow up of First Strike and Riposte. And that can also apply to Privateer companions who have these epics. This is also useful in quickly eliminating the enemy Privateer before they dish out the rest of their epics. Even more, Swashbucklers can farm gear to give them even more strikes. Can't get more deadly than that.

Fast
Plain and Simple. The ability to move much farther than other pirates. Combine this with a Levy Call and/or Shadowdance and melee units will be a piece of cake. Your dodges activate Riposte with a possibly chance of a critical, and your Levy Call to help reduce the damage you take if you can't dodge in time. One strategy right there.

Alert and Rough
The ability to reduce damage from traps as well as talents to increase your damage. While Swashbucklers are not meant to have the highest damage, they are meant to have the highest damage output. Buccaneers are meant to hold the title for highest damage, but not always highest damage output overall in battle.

The Hide Series
Definitely one of the coolest and most resourceful powers yet. While it could use a polish in PVP, it is the best in having a couple turns to heal while the enemies wonder where you went. Not only that, but it increases your damage when you strike! And to top it off, you can apply this to your companions! I don't see other classes with this awesome power.

Running out of room here...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Continuing...

The Steel Series ( For possible future reference )
Attacking all enemies that surround you. This is excellent in attacking those whom have taken a lot of damage. Attack the right enemies and combine with the attacks from your companions, and you'll have your enemy rushing to find those heals. Not only that, but Gambit of Steel triggers enemy epics, allowing you to add in First Strikes and Ripostes to further increase your damage ouput on the enemies before laying the final Gambit.

The Poison Series
Can't get any more sneaky than this. Poisoning your enemies, slowly draining their health as you follow up with constant strikes. You can even combine this with the bleeding effect given off by the strikes and the enemy will cower in fear from all the damage put out. You can even poison the enemy while you are in stealth and retain your stealth status! Isn't that just awesome?

The Hurl Knives Series
I can agree with one thing. The range should be increased. However, not to ridiculous amounts like 7 or 10. I'd say on the lines of 4 or maybe 5. The point of this power is not to slow the enemy's advance towards you. The point is to prevent enemies from fleeing you after taking heavy damage. A perfect example would be a Musketeer. They'll probably run behind their traps after taking heavy damage. With a slow effect, they'll most likely not make it all the way through their traps, leaving them open for attacks. It should retain its damage, but have a slightly increased range.

Gallant Defense
This power, if used correctly, can save the lives of your companions whom have taken heavy damage. Combine this with the Swashbuckler's high dodge and a Levy's Call, and the enemy will struggle trying to finish off your comrades while you heal them up and send them striking your enemy. This is definitely a great show of leadership and a show of the Swashbuckler's slight arrogance but confidence in protecting their allies.

And a side note: Ratbeard will not make changes to classes just because of PVP. At least, not yet. He will make reasonable changes once Ranked PVP kicks in. That is why I also support my arguments with reasonable NPC situations.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Gruesome Richard on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Sheesh. I should stop reading these threads, but they get me so fired to vomit out information.

Wait.

Anyways, we'll start laying out the Swashbuckler and its vastly underestimated abilities.

First Strike
C'mon now. You cannot say a Swashbuckler is underpowered when they have an epic like this under their wing. The ability to hit before your opponent, to get the first laugh, to intimidate those with Vengeance Strike. You cannot deny this as being one of the most useful epics a Pirate can have, and with its Rank 3, you can strike before sneak attacks. Definitely useful when those other pesky pirates try to use a sneak attack on you.

Riposte
Perhaps one of the most beloved epics. The ability to retaliate after deflecting your enemy's hit with even more power. Combine this with the Swashbuckler's high dodge and I can't really see any reason to complain about their strength against melee units. This represents the true finesse possessed by Swashbucklers.

Jump
I love this epic so much. Every ship battle I participate in, I can just glide to the other side, before they have a chance to even get on the boards to my ship. Not only that, but it's useful when Musketeers use their pesky obstacle powers to try and seal themselves from melee units. Definitely another show of Swashbuckler stealth.

Strikes
The most powerful melee attacks in the game. ( In terms of one turn hits ) The ability to do up to 3x your own damage against an enemy. Even a Buccaneer with a Levy Call is going to take some serious damage these hits, especially with a follow up of First Strike and Riposte. And that can also apply to Privateer companions who have these epics. This is also useful in quickly eliminating the enemy Privateer before they dish out the rest of their epics. Even more, Swashbucklers can farm gear to give them even more strikes. Can't get more deadly than that.

Fast
Plain and Simple. The ability to move much farther than other pirates. Combine this with a Levy Call and/or Shadowdance and melee units will be a piece of cake. Your dodges activate Riposte with a possibly chance of a critical, and your Levy Call to help reduce the damage you take if you can't dodge in time. One strategy right there.

Alert and Rough
The ability to reduce damage from traps as well as talents to increase your damage. While Swashbucklers are not meant to have the highest damage, they are meant to have the highest damage output. Buccaneers are meant to hold the title for highest damage, but not always highest damage output overall in battle.

The Hide Series
Definitely one of the coolest and most resourceful powers yet. While it could use a polish in PVP, it is the best in having a couple turns to heal while the enemies wonder where you went. Not only that, but it increases your damage when you strike! And to top it off, you can apply this to your companions! I don't see other classes with this awesome power.

Running out of room here...
Oh really? They aren't so great, let me explain.

First Strike:
Good when facing buccs with low dodge, but when you're up against an el toro or privateer they'll just dodge it all the time, and riposte dealing even more damage due to an epic we can't even control. And with buccs accuracy reductions this becomes even more of a hinderance. Rank 3 is nothing special, only a 25% unnoticable damage increase, affecting sneak attacks is meh, when only 3/5 classes use sneak attacks.

Riposte:
The only really good epic we've got. However, it also becomes a hinderance when the enemy (most notably a privateer) has high dodge and your riposte keeps missing.

Jump:
I posted this thread in the PvP section so our performance in PvE isn't something to be factored in.

Strikes:
Great powers, however, EVERY CLASS CAN GET ALL OF THEM! I'm not shouting at you, it's KingsIsle i'm angry with. They should keep some powers class only, being killed by a privateer using multiple assassins strikes. And the swashbuckler class can only get 3 through gear, whilst privateers can get 3, and buccaneers get 4!

Fast:
It's great, but when every class can train it for a few points, what's the point of us even getting it? Sure, there are 3 ranks and only swash can train all 3, but the 3rd rank only gives a measly 1 movement. It may come in handy in some situations, but it's nothing special.

Alert and Rough:
Alert is quite good. Half damage from traps, and only swash can train it. However rough is (no offense KI) Pathetic. It gives 2, 3, then 5 damage, a total of 10 damage. Whilst other classes are getting lucky (resistance), armored (armor), and other great talents we're stuck with this. It's not benificial whatsoever, 10 damage is NOTHING at high levels.

The Hide Series:
These are actually quite good, however as soon as you use them you'll be hit with a gunnery/inferno shot/mojo storm/poison (by targetting a box next to you).

The Steel Series:
Don't make me laugh, these are almost riddiculously weak for aoes. Maybe using a critical buff they'd do decent damage, but regardless they're too puny. I think Gambit of steel should be X2 damage, and triggering epics is not always great as privateers can outdodge us and outhit us, most other swashbucklers will just exchange dodges with us. It's just ok.

Poisoning Series:
This is the only great thing we've got, actually. I love the poisons and i've got no complaints.

The Hurl Knives: Yeah, i agree with your points.

Gallant Defense: Not really great for PvP As you'll die when taking all the damage from an aoe, and in PvE it's just ok. Nothing special like the poisons.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Oh really? They aren't so great, let me explain.

First Strike:
Good when facing buccs with low dodge, but when you're up against an el toro or privateer they'll just dodge it all the time, and riposte dealing even more damage due to an epic we can't even control. And with buccs accuracy reductions this becomes even more of a hinderance. Rank 3 is nothing special, only a 25% unnoticable damage increase, affecting sneak attacks is meh, when only 3/5 classes use sneak attacks.

Riposte:
The only really good epic we've got. However, it also becomes a hinderance when the enemy (most notably a privateer) has high dodge and your riposte keeps missing.

Jump:
I posted this thread in the PvP section so our performance in PvE isn't something to be factored in.

Strikes:
Great powers, however, EVERY CLASS CAN GET ALL OF THEM! I'm not shouting at you, it's KingsIsle i'm angry with. They should keep some powers class only, being killed by a privateer using multiple assassins strikes. And the swashbuckler class can only get 3 through gear, whilst privateers can get 3, and buccaneers get 4!

Fast:
It's great, but when every class can train it for a few points, what's the point of us even getting it? Sure, there are 3 ranks and only swash can train all 3, but the 3rd rank only gives a measly 1 movement. It may come in handy in some situations, but it's nothing special.

Alert and Rough:
Alert is quite good. Half damage from traps, and only swash can train it. However rough is (no offense KI) Pathetic. It gives 2, 3, then 5 damage, a total of 10 damage. Whilst other classes are getting lucky (resistance), armored (armor), and other great talents we're stuck with this. It's not benificial whatsoever, 10 damage is NOTHING at high levels.

The Hide Series:
These are actually quite good, however as soon as you use them you'll be hit with a gunnery/inferno shot/mojo storm/poison (by targetting a box next to you).

The Steel Series:
Don't make me laugh, these are almost riddiculously weak for aoes. Maybe using a critical buff they'd do decent damage, but regardless they're too puny. I think Gambit of steel should be X2 damage, and triggering epics is not always great as privateers can outdodge us and outhit us, most other swashbucklers will just exchange dodges with us. It's just ok.

Poisoning Series:
This is the only great thing we've got, actually. I love the poisons and i've got no complaints.

The Hurl Knives: Yeah, i agree with your points.

Gallant Defense: Not really great for PvP As you'll die when taking all the damage from an aoe, and in PvE it's just ok. Nothing special like the poisons.
Most of your counter arguments seem more like complaints more than actual facts and taken from days of using strategies. If the enemy uses a dodge buff, counter with your own accuracy buff. I know 3 companions total that can give a buff like this. Just cause it doesn't work 90% of the time doesn't mean it isn't useful. You have dodge buffs from El toro as well as dodge increase from your gear. And it still affects sneak attacks, you can't use that as a counterargument.

Riposte, again, can be countered with accuracy buffs on your part. If you keep complaining about Privateers and their buffs, perhaps you need a different approach to battle.

Fast, does not lose its value whatsoever, whether classes can train it or not. You can still train it, and you still have a wider movement range. You can't devalue this just because every class can get it. It's optional for them, not forced.

Strikes, are still useful to Swashbucklers. Can't deal the fact the enemy has strikes as well? There are defensive buffs like Levy Call and Valor Fortress that can be used to prevent this from being so deadly.

Swashbucklers are not meant to be the resistors of magic nor are they meant to be strong in armor. They are quick movers, not damage absorbers. That title goes to Buccaneers. The Damage and Fast Series is meant to prove that Swashbucklers go for power, not always defense. They are also not meant to have the highest damage range. They are meant to have the highest damage output.

Steel Series are fine the way they are. The power is not meant to dish out heavy damage, it is meant to further weaken those already hurt. And again, if the enemy outdodges your hits, then don't go for enemies with higher dodge, or perhaps use a defensive buff to help you take damage. KI gives you this gear for a reason.

Gallant Defense: Once again, defensive buffs. KI has one again given us this blessing of gear for a reason.

I understand where you're coming from, being sometimes frustrated by losses, but every class isn't meant to win every single match. It depends on strategy. That is why sometimes you must sacrifice to find more answers to help you in the future. I honestly feel Swashbucklers are good the way they are.

Ensign
May 09, 2014
I agree with you all but I think all those class improvements are a little to much ( Says a swashbuckler ). Kl doesn't want any one class being to strong.

Justin Silver
level 26