Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

kids and Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
i just thought i would share this with everyone.

i have been playing both pirate and wizard for awhile now. and my kids have watched me play numerous times. heck i even let them sink ships and bonk sharks on the head. but the thing i thought was really cute is when my 5 yr old daughter looks at our dog last night (a copper and white husky named Siren cuz she yodels like a police siren) and says to me "mommy, i don't like siren's name. we need to call her Bonnie Anne! she looks like her." well now, how do you argue with that.........

and my son who is 6 found the ettin "knockout scene" hilarious. i bonk ettins on the head just to throw him in a laughing fit. he laughs so hard the poor boy has tears coming out of his eyes. never gets old with him.

i am always accompanied by "bonk those guys mommy!" or "go there mommy! that looks cool!"

so does anyone else have pint sized copilots? i would love to hear the stories

Victoria Kirk

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
selfyself on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:

i have been playing both pirate and wizard for awhile now. and my kids have watched me play numerous times. heck i even let them sink ships and bonk sharks on the head. but the thing i thought was really cute is when my 5 yr old daughter looks at our dog last night (a copper and white husky named Siren cuz she yodels like a police siren) and says to me "mommy, i don't like siren's name. we need to call her Bonnie Anne! she looks like her." well now, how do you argue with that.........

and my son who is 6 found the ettin "knockout scene" hilarious. i bonk ettins on the head just to throw him in a laughing fit. he laughs so hard the poor boy has tears coming out of his eyes. never gets old with him.

i am always accompanied by "bonk those guys mommy!" or "go there mommy! that looks cool!"

Victoria Kirk
No copilots here but that was absolutely adorable. Thank you so much for sharing that and starting this thread. I can't wait to hear the other stories.
I haven't heard such sweetness since Talon Devereaux told us his daughter says "Get behind me Dad, I'll handle this."

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I know my brother likes to watch me quest on Alura and Scarlet. He finds Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard's exchanges hilarious and I know he liked watching me play through Marleybone.

I love being able to play next to him and actually be better at a game than he is. Lol The joys of being a sister are few and far between, but this is one of them.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012

Victoria Kirk
Hi,

I love to read and hear this, wonderful that your kids love the game so much, I have a little nephew, he is 8 years old and he don't have the game at home, he likes to be at my place, not for me but for the game , when he comes to my place, he says quick hi to me and runs to my laptop to play the game, love to see him smiling every single second , he becomes 9 in a few weeks and I think I know the perfect gift for him, something with pirate101

Blaze

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blaze Carter on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

I love to read and hear this, wonderful that your kids love the game so much, I have a little nephew, he is 8 years old and he don't have the game at home, he likes to be at my place, not for me but for the game , when he comes to my place, he says quick hi to me and runs to my laptop to play the game, love to see him smiling every single second , he becomes 9 in a few weeks and I think I know the perfect gift for him, something with pirate101

Blaze
I think Uncle Blaze is a super and kind Uncle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
I know my brother likes to watch me quest on Alura and Scarlet. He finds Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard's exchanges hilarious and I know he liked watching me play through Marleybone.

I love being able to play next to him and actually be better at a game than he is. Lol The joys of being a sister are few and far between, but this is one of them.
Yes and you are making bond strengthening memories with him that will never be forgotten.

Ensign
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
Yes and you are making bond strengthening memories with him that will never be forgotten.
Even if we argue over whose turn it is to wash the dishes, I do know that this helps. I've noticed that we've been getting into little spats like that far less frequently since I started playing. This is why I love Pirate101. It's helped me realize that getting worked up over little things isn't worth it.

Like selfyself's child, he also likes watching the Ettins die. I'll admit, I like to laugh with him. It's nice to be able to laugh after a long day doing work and studying and the like.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 14, 2013 wrote:
I think Uncle Blaze is a super and kind Uncle.
Thanks Chrissy , its not hard to make him happy, just start pirate101 and he smiles , I just make sure he has some cookies and soda to survives

Blaze

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Victoria Kirk
My youngest child is old enough to have her own pirate (and does) but what she really likes to do is sit on my lap as I play and 'advise' me, particularly for boss fights. Mostly the advice usually seems to be to have El Toro in the lineup for the big fight.

My favorite memory perhaps is facing Captain Swing, and both of us being very impressed by how virulently he threatened my character. "Ooo - good threat!" we chimed in unison.

"I like that guy!" says my heartless child.

"Thanks a lot!" responds her mother, laughing.

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
My little cousin adores the game, sadly he doesn't have a pirate of his own and is too young for one. So he's always excited to go to auntie's house and watch me play, he always gets lost in the game. One minute he's watching and commenting on what I'm doing, next his eyes are big and he is just full-on staring at the screen.
One of my favorite times was in the Stormzilla boss fight, He started out by saying "Dinosaur!" as that is one of his favorite things. He giggled and laughed as the big stormzilla bounced around, destroying the little town homes and the eggs hatching, he even helped me out a little!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Awww…
this is all really touching. I love this community. Anne, I never knew you had little ones. They'r all lovely.
I hope the game is still going when I have some of mine own. Until then, I adore your stories.

With a grin on my face,

Impish Omar Underwood

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Th' best part be bein' a granny 'n fightin' 'tis battle wit' me grandchildren, when we fight i shout, what we do this day?

th' response from one be get th' troggies, th' other says lets be off ship sailin'!

tons 'o a ruckas fer all ages

ugly hope leach

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I don't have any little uns yets, but I have to say that these KI games are really fun to play with family members.
The whole reason I started playing Wizard101 was to have something I could do with my little sister while I was away from home at university. It was really great that even though I lived almost on the other side of my province, I could still in a way meet my little sister every day and have fun with her. Sadly, she has since lost interest in Wizard101 and won't even try Pirate101, says she's somehow too busy now that she's started university.