Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Writing a story...

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hola, mi amigos! Bienedivos! Ahem, sorry. I mean, hello my friends, and welcome! I have set out some fruit tarts and pies, as well as Yum pudding. As for Yum, I have that over there with some traditional Marleybonian Breakfast tea, a favorite of mine from the old Navy days. Get settled down, and just enjoy that while I explain something real quick.

Well, I'm writing a little story. Before you ask what it's about, (that'll come later) I would like to ask if any of you would be okay with me adding your characters in. I have already asked Smiling Natalie and Romantic Rebecca Irving (Pirate101 Lover and Krokotopia Pirate), and they're in already. :D For the record, girls, thank you a lot for agreeing to join in!

The story's summary:

Emma Everhart has led a moderately exciting life as an Admiral in the Royal Navy of Marleybone for five years or more by now in a sort of way to avenge her foster father's death in a rebel siege. Being a way too serious, no-nonsense person, one of the Upper Class Admirals decides she needs a break, and requests that she visits her original homeworld, Cool Ranch, for a relaxing vacation. But since there is no relaxing thing about her lifestyle, she gets lost in the Stormgate and ends up in Skull Island instead of the dusty place she used to reside in. After a little while of staying there, she takes up the livelihood of a corsair- but the only problem is, she's hardly qualified to be one. And when Emma finds out about a mysterious plot lingering among the pirates, and rumors of a mysterious group of bandits, she has to piece together a crew and figure out some way to stop it. Not even a journey across the Spiral can stop her determination, but along the way, Emma has to learn seriousness isn't everything. Can her new friends convince her of this?

Good so far? And if you'd like your character to show up, just state a brief description of them, physically and mentally. Muchos gracias, mi amigos.

Ciao!

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Holy Smokes! That's way too good. I think I may just spit out a little of my yum pudding at how great that was. Heh, I'll clean it up later. Anyway I have one character who isn't a real pirate that I play with, but more of a wish pirate. I use her in a lot of my roleplays. Her name is Ireena (I-ree-na pretty self explanatory). She has black long hair, grey eyes, and a thick Irish accent. Which makes her attractive, an advantage to Ireena, I suppose. Like just recently in one of my roleplays she robbed the tip jar from a bartender at some tavern. How? She used her girlish swashbuckler beauty to flatter, only to turn to her pirate ways and hold a pocket knife to the bartender's neck. Yep, quite fascinating. Anyway I hope she caught your attention. She really has a lot of character. -Sigh- I outta start cleaning up that mess of yum pudding on the floor now..
-Heart of Lacey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Feel free to include any of my Chrissy's Emma. You know all about them already and any artistic license you take will be fine with me.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I think you are going to get a lot of volunteers, Emma, but my characters are at your disposal if you wish. You know 3 of them at present.

* Anne, of course. I think her character has been pretty well set forth: irrepressible, cheerful, energetic, compassionate; courteous and polite -- but, she intentionally 'mouths off' to enemies (the art of being annoying, she calls it). Her strengths are her courage, fortitude, quick intelligence, and a genuine will to be good; among her flaws is her naivete combined with a certain amount of over-confidence, as well as a tendency to act on impulse & not think things through.

*Charlotte, who Emma also knows, but who is probably closer to Kiera. Charlotte is more serious, calm and diplomatic; intensely loyal, moral, and thoughtful. Charlotte has a more stoical sort of fortitude, as opposed to Anne's irrepressible sort. Charlotte is one who thinks things through, but can suffer from moments of frozen indecision when she has to make a quick decision.

*Emma also knows Anneke, at least a bit. Anneke is dreamy and odd, playful and seemingly flighty, but with a sharp intelligence. She's very sweet-natured -- perhaps too much so-- and still rather childishly often relies on older people she trusts to tell her what to do. Anneke has to learn the transition from simply being 'a sweet young thing' to a focused leader of heroes.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
The story sounds like it will be amazing Emma,

Of course you may use Scarlet or Jenny. Although I would prefer you use Scarlet, I actually don't know Jenny well enough yet to give her personality.

Scarlet-- Scarlet essentially raised her little sister Jenny, so although Scarlet is only about 18, she acts much older and more responsible. Unlike many pirates in the spiral, Scarlet has a formal education thanks to the standardised education system of Marleybone. She strongest in science, especially the natural sciences (biology) and is actually a peripheral member of the SGS. As you know, Scarlet is fluent in both Polarian and Marleybonian, as well as the common merchant language of the spiral (which I take to be English). Finally, Scarlet's formal education in Marleybone also covered the proper etiquette of a young lady, so Scarlet tends to act a little bit more formal/proper/polite compared to some pirates, but she still has a good dry sense of humour.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Fearless Ryan Holystone (Who's name is not revealed at this point) may be a good character for your story. He was trained since the age of 3 by dragon prince in the ways of stealth, assassination, and swordsmanship. He works indirectly with the emperor to take out threats to the empire and is an emergency shadow guard for the jade palace when he is needed, and has his alter ego for stealth, the Dragon's Shadow (or just D, shadow for short). he has sleek black hair, blue eyes, and a slight case of multiple personality disorder. when he puts on his black and red hood and mask, robes that display smoke bombs, and dragon gauntlets and boots, he leaves his fun loving, sarcastic perspective behind, and becomes the cold, calculated assassin that does what needs to be done. He prefers to work alone due to the fact that he can sneak around better as a lone wolf, but will join or allow others to join him if it is extremely necessary. He also goes into a minor blood (or should I say oil) rage whenever he sees the white mask of a clockwork, for he has the image of Kane murdering his parents mentally etched into his brain. He also has quite a thing for respect (being raised in Mooshu and all) and knows his limitations, while being able to admit if someone is better than himself. He fights with twin katanas, tiger claws, shirukens, and sword breaker knives. he is also highly skilled in hand to hand combat, with spears and bo-staves, and has a decent amount of training in Valencian fencing. Maybe he can run into Emma during an assassination contract on someone smuggling weapons to the ninja pigs or inoshishi...
-F.R. Holystone
lv 65

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
personally not trying to be arrogant here i like the plotline but it's not the best thing i heard i will let you decide if you want silver joseph vane or not(or myself since he is basically me)but since i am very sophisticated in real life(especially for my age) you can decide if you want him or not but on the other hand i am decently random
(also can you fix up the plot a little to basically instead of being serious is not everything to revenge is not good.) also be aware that silver joseph vane is male.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
personally not trying to be arrogant here i like the plotline but it's not the best thing i heard i will let you decide if you want silver joseph vane or not(or myself since he is basically me)but since i am very sophisticated in real life(especially for my age) you can decide if you want him or not but on the other hand i am decently random
(also can you fix up the plot a little to basically instead of being serious is not everything to revenge is not good.) also be aware that silver joseph vane is male.
Don't worry Joseph, just let her get warmed up, she can put more twists in a plot than the twists in Scratchy's dread locks.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
If you need a character, I have a few for you to use:

Warwick Orleans - Warwick is average height and proportions, but enjoys wearing heavier armor. He has often uncut, wavy brown hair that curls away from his face in wisps. His hands are very calloused and rough, and though he prefers using his fists and sheer strength to fight, he is capable of using both melee weapons and guns. He is opposed to Hoodoo, though, and harbors a secret fear for its potential. Warwick is as well a no-nonsense person, and I give him the background of a Mayleybonian Navy official as well, though it's entirely up to you. Warwick barely has a heart, at times, and has the tendency to yell at others in order to influence the "right decision". He doesn't ever address his past, whether publicly or personally. However, if correctly provoked, his sense of honor and revenge prove to be the greatest modifiers to his battle theory. (Suggested class: Privateer; Raised in MB)

Destiny Devereaux - Destiny is every bit of a daredevil one could ever think of, whether it's landing from a height, performing stunts and acrobatics, or even bargaining for a rare item. Her sharp wit and snarky sense of replying as well prove her to be a very dangerous individual. Destiny specializes in illusion and surprise, making her an ideal Swashbuckler. She isn't physically strong, though her emotional wall is secretly tough as stone. Destiny is as well averagely proportioned, though I can see her a little smaller than average as well. Her dark hair (complementing her dark skin, as a side note) is cut to shoulder-length or just past, and her cheeks are a little scratched. (Suggested occupation: Pirate; Raised in Skull Island)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I have no objections whatsoever if you want to use Omar Underwood in yer story. You basically know his personality: a shady and mischievous Witchdoctor with a love for most worlds and an aged politeness and tongue. I sent a picture of him to Kngisle and it's on the October Fan Art page.

By the way, I am wondering if you might want to use another character I made that, though mentioned a few times, has never appeared on the Message Boards yet. His name is Nimble Alexander Hobbes, a swashbuckler from Marleybone. There are three sides to his personality that are a bit of a strange mix. One side of him and by far the most prominent is a Life loving trickster who jokes around, plays little games with friend and/or himself, and who runs into adventure and battle with a laugh at the ready and a grin on his face. Though quite a jester, Hobbes knows when to be serious and can transform into a kind and polite gentleman, a trait that originates from his wealthy past (his parents were either rich merchants or forgotten nobles). Alexander's third persona is hard to come by, for good reason. When anyone persecutes those less fortunate or are foolish to make enemies with him or his friends, he becomes a ruthless Count of Monte` Cristo like person, attacking his enemies in subtle but deadly ways. Mind you that he doesn't have multiple personality disorder, he just is a person of extreme mood swings.
So there you go. I will post his history on the Pirate Personalities tops as well as a few extra details

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
Hola, mi amigos! Bienedivos! Ahem, sorry. I mean, hello my friends, and welcome! I have set out some fruit tarts and pies, as well as Yum pudding. As for Yum, I have that over there with some traditional Marleybonian Breakfast tea, a favorite of mine from the old Navy days. Get settled down, and just enjoy that while I explain something real quick.

Well, I'm writing a little story. Before you ask what it's about, (that'll come later) I would like to ask if any of you would be okay with me adding your characters in. I have already asked Smiling Natalie and Romantic Rebecca Irving (Pirate101 Lover and Krokotopia Pirate), and they're in already. :D For the record, girls, thank you a lot for agreeing to join in!

The story's summary:

Emma Everhart has led a moderately exciting life as an Admiral in the Royal Navy of Marleybone for five years or more by now in a sort of way to avenge her foster father's death in a rebel siege. Being a way too serious, no-nonsense person, one of the Upper Class Admirals decides she needs a break, and requests that she visits her original homeworld, Cool Ranch, for a relaxing vacation. But since there is no relaxing thing about her lifestyle, she gets lost in the Stormgate and ends up in Skull Island instead of the dusty place she used to reside in. After a little while of staying there, she takes up the livelihood of a corsair- but the only problem is, she's hardly qualified to be one. And when Emma finds out about a mysterious plot lingering among the pirates, and rumors of a mysterious group of bandits, she has to piece together a crew and figure out some way to stop it. Not even a journey across the Spiral can stop her determination, but along the way, Emma has to learn seriousness isn't everything. Can her new friends convince her of this?

Good so far? And if you'd like your character to show up, just state a brief description of them, physically and mentally. Muchos gracias, mi amigos.

Ciao!
I'd like a character of mine to be in. The Piarte Admiral (whose real name mentioned in only this post is Nathaniel Dragonsmith, which youll see why his last name is so in an upcoming thread) would probably be good in your story in some way. Feel free to use him! You dont have to though mon amie.

Aurevior.