Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay -- Costume Party!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
The small island was decorated beautifully - the trees' golden leaves sparkled in the pale moonlight, and the water fountain in the courtyard glittered from the flickering candles. The crisp night air felt wonderful on the skin of all of those that got to experience it, and it seemed to be a perfect night, a cloudless sky revealing blazing stars and a full moon. It was the night of the costume party, and a young girl stood before a tall stone building. Gargoyles guarded the corners silently, and fake spider webs dangled from the trees. The girl walked inside and gazed around.

The place was magnificent. The golden wood floor shone in the firelight and the stone walls had a wonderful warming feel. Ahead of her was a stage for musicians to play, and to the left was food while to the right there were many tables, each one decorated with a beautiful white silk cloth with silver thorn embroidery. The main section of the room was for dancing, completely empty of tables and chairs, allowing room for swaying couples. It was about an hour before the party, so no one was there yet, but out of sheer excitement the girl had come early.

The girl, dressed as a Valencian duchess, twirled onto the floor, a smile on her face. She was so excited for the party and also wonderfully nervous, and she held up her arms to an invisible partner. She swayed and spun and twirled in the Waltz, the smile never leaving her face, her eyes closed. Her dancing was interrupted, though, when she bumped into someone.

"Whoops! Sorry about that, Liz!" Both girls stood up, blushing and brushing back stray strands of hair that had come undone in the collision.

Lizzy laughed, helping her friend up. "That was my fault Alura, I should probably be dancing with my eyes open next time."

"Yeah, that would be good idea, but it's not nearly as fun!" Alura picked up Lizzy's arms and the two spun around, laughing and smiling. The two broke apart, each of them still spinning until their momentum stopped. The two girls swayed for a moment, holding their heads and trying to stop the world from spinning, laughing and laughing.

"Whew!" Lizzy cried when she finally regained her senses, stumbling towards the stone wall and resting her hand on it for balance. When they each had caught their breaths, Lizzy spoke. "That was a great idea of yours, hosting a costume party!"

Alura, dressed as a Marleybonian Maiden, grinned, her eyes darting around from still being dizzy. "Thanks, but it wasn't entirely my idea. Rowan thought of it first as a tease. I just made it come to life!"

Lizzy chuckled, walking over to the table and grabbing some drinks for the two of them, handing one of the plastic cups to Alura. "Tell Rowan I said thanks, that was a great idea of hers."

Alura smiled and graciously accepted the cup of fruit punch. She held it up in the air to make a toast, Lizzy mimicking the action. "To a successful costume party!" Alura cheered.

"To a successful costume party!" Lizzy echoed, and the two girls drank.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
The small island was decorated beautifully - the trees' golden leaves sparkled in the pale moonlight, and the water fountain in the courtyard glittered from the flickering candles. The crisp night air felt wonderful on the skin of all of those that got to experience it, and it seemed to be a perfect night, a cloudless sky revealing blazing stars and a full moon. It was the night of the costume party, and a young girl stood before a tall stone building. Gargoyles guarded the corners silently, and fake spider webs dangled from the trees. The girl walked inside and gazed around.

The place was magnificent. The golden wood floor shone in the firelight and the stone walls had a wonderful warming feel. Ahead of her was a stage for musicians to play, and to the left was food while to the right there were many tables, each one decorated with a beautiful white silk cloth with silver thorn embroidery. The main section of the room was for dancing, completely empty of tables and chairs, allowing room for swaying couples. It was about an hour before the party, so no one was there yet, but out of sheer excitement the girl had come early.

The girl, dressed as a Valencian duchess, twirled onto the floor, a smile on her face. She was so excited for the party and also wonderfully nervous, and she held up her arms to an invisible partner. She swayed and spun and twirled in the Waltz, the smile never leaving her face, her eyes closed. Her dancing was interrupted, though, when she bumped into someone.

"Whoops! Sorry about that, Liz!" Both girls stood up, blushing and brushing back stray strands of hair that had come undone in the collision.

Lizzy laughed, helping her friend up. "That was my fault Alura, I should probably be dancing with my eyes open next time."

"Yeah, that would be good idea, but it's not nearly as fun!" Alura picked up Lizzy's arms and the two spun around, laughing and smiling. The two broke apart, each of them still spinning until their momentum stopped. The two girls swayed for a moment, holding their heads and trying to stop the world from spinning, laughing and laughing.

"Whew!" Lizzy cried when she finally regained her senses, stumbling towards the stone wall and resting her hand on it for balance. When they each had caught their breaths, Lizzy spoke. "That was a great idea of yours, hosting a costume party!"

Alura, dressed as a Marleybonian Maiden, grinned, her eyes darting around from still being dizzy. "Thanks, but it wasn't entirely my idea. Rowan thought of it first as a tease. I just made it come to life!"

Lizzy chuckled, walking over to the table and grabbing some drinks for the two of them, handing one of the plastic cups to Alura. "Tell Rowan I said thanks, that was a great idea of hers."

Alura smiled and graciously accepted the cup of fruit punch. She held it up in the air to make a toast, Lizzy mimicking the action. "To a successful costume party!" Alura cheered.

Elsewhere, another certain blonde strode tranquilly over the ivory sands of Skull Island. Her short, choppy and uneven hair swayed gently as she walked, cerulean eyes wild with excitement. She wasn't quite ready for costumes and the like, as she had nothing planned for one currently. Last minute planning was nothing like the Halloween-loving Musketeer. Emma Everhart seemed to just be taking a peaceful walk in a brown hoodie with the words 'Cake Boss'* scrawled across it in teal, with a simple pair of jeans and black fringed boots. It was unusual to the typical spiral-goer, but she seemed not to mind.

A few autumn leaves, with aurelian, crimson, and a flawless tangerine becoming a coalescent mix that reminded most of a raging inferno, floated down and landed in Emma's hair. The Musketeer snickered a bit before flicking them off in an insouciant manner.

"Emma!" The blonde glanced up as her name was called out, and just ahead of her, exiting the bazaar was a second individual, with long waves of ebony tresses and unforgettable lime colored eyes. She was dressed simply in a Halloween costume- a Krokotopian mistress. She wore a cascading white dress, layered with teals, gold, and greens, while a tradition headdress rested on her straightened hair. Beads were woven through her long hair, and she was wearing gold flats.

"Nice Halloween costume, Keira," Emma complimented with crossed arms. "I assume you're attending that Halloween party I've been hearing about?"

Keira's face fell. "You're not going?"

"I can't. I don't have a costume, and it is kinda a costume party." The blonde declared solemnly. "I was going to wear last year's, but you know how Lizzy is about blood splatters..."

"Oh yea. Oh, but the bazaar has some pretty ones on sale! Why don't you be an Aquilan Queen-"

"HECK NO!"

"Oh yea, the tomboy attitude... Hmm, any ideas?"

"No, let's just check out the bazaar! And no, I refuse to be a saloon girl, for I do not like skimpy clothes!"

"Fine..." Keira sighed as she led her friend into the bazaar.

(Any ideas for Emma's costume? I was thinking an aztec priest or a Mayan villager, but I'm not certain.)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Bouncing around the corner (almost literally) came a girl dressed as the Aquilan Immortal, Flora. Or I should say, an interpretation thereof of Flora, for instead of being clothed simply in a tunic and sporting an elaborate hair-style, the girl's red hair was dressed simply in a braided crown on her head, adorned with flowers. Her gown, however, was nothing like the Immortals fancied, being rather a pretty confection of a violet silk gown supported by small pocket panniers, the bodice laced up the front with pink ribbons, adorned also with two knots of primrose-colored ribbons, the same as decorated her tight 3/4 length sleeves. The sleeves finished in a frill of fine linen sleeve ruffles, the white ruffles and the violet silk looking particularly fine and striking against the girl's dark skin tone. A garland of flowers laid in a diagonal hoop around the petticoat, fastened at one side of the waist, gave a rather theatrical nod to Flora's domain, while the petticoat skirts, raised several inches above the ankle for ease in dancing, also displayed a pretty pair of brocade dancing shoes.

"Oh, Lizzy, Alura," the girl exclaimed happily, her grey eyes bright with excitement. "What a wonderful idea! A party with costumes and dancing! No danger, no intrigue, just music, friendly companionship, and lots of dancing! Oh, I hope we do the minuet," she added without pause, spontaneously stepping into the graceful foot patterns and arm movements of the elegant dance. She had learned a lot of courtly dances recently, but her training as a swashbuckler had enabled her to learn them all quickly, and her love of the dances ensured she remembered them.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Also at the party, was two girls and 2 boys. Their names were: Natalie,dressed as a scientist from Valencia costume ( her 2 year degree, but she should have stayed with her parents while she could ) Hannah, dressed up as a photographer ( her dream to be one ) Tanner, dressed up as a Mooshu ninja pig, Blake, dressed up as One - eyed Jack ( the eye patch is real. ) And Last not least, they were all dancing with each other, using all of the floor while they could, before more people came. But while Tanner was turning Natalie, She scrapped her knee, Got few ( okay maybe ten ) splinters, and she popped her arm out of her socket. While screaming in pain, everyone came to help, but it was no use. she was in to much pain. They strangers, got her yum, and blankets, as some other stranger was pushing a bed over to her. ( why would a bed be there? ) As they lifted to the bed, the same stranger who got blankets called for help. It was no use. No one was in sight, and the nearest hospital was miles away. Hey Tanner, you are a you should help.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Emma? Maybe a nice Cool Ranch Law Costume. She likes guns, right?
From above the party, a white robed boy keeps lookout.
"Why must I have watch duty today?" He asks himself. He looks to the pile of hay near where people gathered.
"Might as well have some fun." He says, noticing a long wooden perch where pigeons gathered. He nodded to his eagle, the ran off and jumped. Seconds passed as he fell. A slight flick of his wrist, and the eagle dove down with him. They both landed in the hay, where the eagle flew again with one mighty sweep of its wings. Kai stood also, staring at the gathering crowd of people at the party.
He climbed the tower again, just in time. A cutthroat ship was floating up as high as the tower, over the party. Cutthroats were jumping off, landing in the hay, then preparing to loot the nearby stores. Kai jumps off the tower, hoping to reach the ground first to warn the people below.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
At her haunted grotto romantic rebbeca ivring began to dress for the event she began to dress elegant into a dress that was purple and had a cream color and then she wore green and purple headband her crew thought it elegant too . She also had a party at her three houses each with a teleports after the costume party.Both parties were great and she had a fun time at all the time waiting for each of them.Aw I am tired I guess I better got to sleep.see you in the spiral

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012

" Mmmm! This fruit punch is exquisite! " Alura couldn't help saying as the tangy but sweet flavors washed over her tongue. She gazed across the beautiful chamber, searching for anything that might be out of place before the party started. Nothing... everything was perfect. She set her punch on the table then walked to the center of the room; looking down at her dress as the firelight seemed to dance over the purple and gold colors like red wisps. Lifting her head, Alura found what she was really looking for... the cookies! '' Hmmm, you don't think our guests will miss a few cookies do you?'' She said while approaching the dessert table, stopping herself before she managed to grab one. '' Of course, I wouldn't want to get crumbs on my dress prior to the party. After all, we're the first pirates to host an event on the Isle of Hounds after the war with the Armada.'' Alura said to Lizzy.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009

OOC: By request, Warwick meets another roleplay!

Warwick Orleans, upon a flight of stairs overlooking the decorated courtyard, sighed uncomfortably, reading over a scroll. Six months had passed since he had traveled off in search of his parents - of course, to no avail - and had gotten a letter from his dear friend Lizzy. Warwick didn't necessarily have the time to dress up, but he did make do by giving his Aquilan armor a good polishing and by buying a newer helmet.

If anybody asks, Warwick reminded himself, You're supposedly dressed as a Spartan eagle, minus a good spear. Walking down the stairs, the scales of the armor clinked against one another, providing for all but a silent entrance. A playful breeze interrupting the humidity of the evening blew Warwick's cape back, revealing messy patchwork and the crests of three different ships; A Marleybonian golden bone adorned with red spots for jewels; The crest of a ship called the Golden Gryphon; And a crest of his own, a sitting fox surrounded by stars. Taking a cup of fruit punch from a table, Warwick slid into the small crowd, looking for familiar faces. Even if he did see one, though, he decided not to address it. Slowly, he recognized faces - Alura's, Keira's - and shied away from them.

You ought to remember, if they do, Warwick retorted, You're no more of a brute than you are one...who belongs here. The fact seemed to grow in Warwick's mind as Lizzy and Alura wrapped up a twirling waltz. He knew the steps, having watched it when he had spent time in Marleybone. Maybe I should go...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
" Mmmm! This fruit punch is exquisite! " Alura couldn't help saying as the tangy but sweet flavors washed over her tongue. She gazed across the beautiful chamber, searching for anything that might be out of place before the party started. Nothing... everything was perfect. She set her punch on the table then walked to the center of the room; looking down at her dress as the firelight seemed to dance over the purple and gold colors like red wisps. Lifting her head, Alura found what she was really looking for... the cookies! '' Hmmm, you don't think our guests will miss a few cookies do you?'' She said while approaching the dessert table, stopping herself before she managed to grab one. '' Of course, I wouldn't want to get crumbs on my dress prior to the party. After all, we're the first pirates to host an event on the Isle of Hounds after the war with the Armada.'' Alura said to Lizzy.
"Glad you like the punch." Lizzy said with a smile. "Although I do feel a little bad, I didn't really have the stomach to make anything more than vegetarian food..." She chuckled at Alura's enthusiasm for the cookies that she had made earlier. Alura's hand suddenly retracted from the cookies, though.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to get crumbs on my dress prior to the party. After all, we're the first pirates to host an event on the Isle of Hounds after the war with the armada." Alura spoke to Lizzy, turning on her heel and marching back over to her friend, who was still nursing her cup of fruit punch by the table of which she had gotten it.

Lizzy's expression fell, and she took on a sad look, suddenly gazing down at her own white dress while thinking about the past. Don't be so sure that the war with the armada is over. Lizzy thought, turning to look out the window. The most eye-catching thing in the skyway was the remains of Beachhead, and there were still armada ships roaming the sky. It's not really safe yet.

"Oh, Lizzy, Alura," A girl exclaimed, making Lizzy jump and almost spill the punch onto her dress. She just barely managed to avoid the accident, spinning around and quickly setting the cup on the table before anything else could happen that might endanger her costume. "What a wonderful idea! No danger, no intrigue, just music, friendly companionship, and lots of dancing!" Anne, an excellent friend of Lizzy's, twirled over to the two girls. "Oh, I hope we do the minuet!"

"Hi, Anne!" Lizzy smiled, hugging her friend. "Of course! We're going to do all sorts of dancing tonight." She picked up Anne's arms and twirled with her as well. "I'm so excited!" She squealed, spinning away.

When she stopped spinning, Lizzy glanced upward to find Kai jumping into a pile of hay, showering her with stray straws. She giggled and plucked off the pieces, then smiled to Kai and said "Thanks for coming! I hope you have fun!"

Lizzy, still smiling, strode to the door to greet any more guests that would be coming to the party.
~
OOC: Hey guys! I'm so glad that you're going to be participating in the roleplay. I'm looking forward to what all will be in store. This idea was originally Alura's, I just had the honor of creating the thread. I hope you enjoy it! By the way Emma, Alura and I turned down a few ideas about our costumes before we came across Marleybonian Maiden and Valencian Duchess, maybe they might help to give you some ideas? Viking (Lizzy, staying true to her Grizzleheim past), Mooshu Monk, Yum Yum Fruit, and several others that Alura and I can't currently remember (we're talking on the phone right now XD).

Here are a few more ideas:

Cool Ranch Bandit

Samoorai

Marleybonian Admiral (considering Emma, not quite a costume, but still something fun to wear)

Those are everything that I can come up with right now. Good luck finding a costume, Emma!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
"Glad you like the punch." Lizzy said with a smile. "Although I do feel a little bad, I didn't really have the stomach to make anything more than vegetarian food..." She chuckled at Alura's enthusiasm for the cookies that she had made earlier. Alura's hand suddenly retracted from the cookies, though.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to get crumbs on my dress prior to the party. After all, we're the first pirates to host an event on the Isle of Hounds after the war with the armada." Alura spoke to Lizzy, turning on her heel and marching back over to her friend, who was still nursing her cup of fruit punch by the table of which she had gotten it.

Lizzy's expression fell, and she took on a sad look, suddenly gazing down at her own white dress while thinking about the past. Don't be so sure that the war with the armada is over. Lizzy thought, turning to look out the window. The most eye-catching thing in the skyway was the remains of Beachhead, and there were still armada ships roaming the sky. It's not really safe yet.

"Oh, Lizzy, Alura," A girl exclaimed, making Lizzy jump and almost spill the punch onto her dress. She just barely managed to avoid the accident, spinning around and quickly setting the cup on the table before anything else could happen that might endanger her costume. "What a wonderful idea! No danger, no intrigue, just music, friendly companionship, and lots of dancing!" Anne, an excellent friend of Lizzy's, twirled over to the two girls. "Oh, I hope we do the minuet!"

"Hi, Anne!" Lizzy smiled, hugging her friend. "Of course! We're going to do all sorts of dancing tonight." She picked up Anne's arms and twirled with her as well. "I'm so excited!" She squealed, spinning away.

When she stopped spinning, Lizzy glanced upward to find Kai jumping into a pile of hay, showering her with stray straws. She giggled and plucked off the pieces, then smiled to Kai and said "Thanks for coming! I hope you have fun!"

Lizzy, still smiling, strode to the door to greet any more guests that would be coming to the party.
~
OOC: Hey guys! I'm so glad that you're going to be participating in the roleplay. I'm looking forward to what all will be in store. This idea was originally Alura's, I just had the honor of creating the thread. I hope you enjoy it! By the way Emma, Alura and I turned down a few ideas about our costumes before we came across Marleybonian Maiden and Valencian Duchess, maybe they might help to give you some ideas? Viking (Lizzy, staying true to her Grizzleheim past), Mooshu Monk, Yum Yum Fruit, and several others that Alura and I can't currently remember (we're talking on the phone right now XD).

Cool Ranch Bandit

Samoorai

Marleybonian Admiral (considering Emma, not quite a costume, but still something fun to wear)

Those are everything that I can come up with right now. Good luck finding a costume, Emma!
OOC: Ah, this one sounds good, so I'm a hop in. Just couldn't help myself. x smirks to self x I'm going in with Sean and Connor. Luckily, Sean is going to be a bit different than his current self in Roleplay IV. Helpful, upbeat, and even a bit humorous.
~
"Sooo, why exactly did you have me be a berserker cutthroat?" Connor asked.

"What?! Oh. Because it suits you perfectly. You have been after all, more times than one time berserk." Sean answered, chuckling to himself.

"Hey! Why you-"

"Uhhhh, it doesn't work for me, I'm not the one who goes berserk all the time."

"I don't go berserk all the time! You're deluding yourself!"

"Sheesh, why can't you just pretend that you're a berserker cutthroat?"

"Because I'm not!"

A real cutthroat a few feet away narrowed his eyes, then said, "Hey! That's offensive, I'll have you know!"

Connor, standing in a back corner, hoping now to be noticed, who had been sweating from the costume's humidity, zipped off the cutthroat hood, and gasped for air.

"Why Sean, why?"

"Because you are one."

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Must be a very high tower if I haven't landed yet...

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:

~

Cool Ranch Bandit

Samoorai

(XD That's right, Cool Ranch Bandit/Lawman and Marleybonian Admiral would be too easy for Emma since she kind of is an admiral and she wears cool ranch gear almost all the time. XD Think I'm forcing her to be an aztec priestess.)

"I can't believe you got me to dress like this." Emma growled as she glanced at her reflection in the mirror. "An Aztecan priestess? Really?!" She moaned loudly. The blonde's hair was ornamented with prismatic feathers that connected to a gold hair clip. Her dress was like the female jaguars in Azteca, colored with teal, violet, and scarlet. She wore anklets and bracelets formed from scarlet hued jungle leaves. All in all, she didn't look all too bad.

"Well, you look great, so I suppose it's time we head to the costume party." Keira exclaimed in a partially aggravated manner, due to her friend's snarky attitude. She dragged her out the door and headed for the location of the party, an excited look on her face and her lime eyes bright.

The duo soon entered the area, Emma with crossed arms and a miffed look until she recognized some friends of hers. She then waved and smiled a little bit, but face palming at how Keira forced her to wear a DRESS.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Sam finished getting into his costume and headed off for the party. All that was left was to put the head on, but that made it somewhat difficult to see. So he waited until he was at the door before putting it on. He checked the basket of goodies, which included (although not limited to) chocolate brownie tarts (of which you can never get enough), chocolate cupcakes, and chocolate candy drops. Sam had lined the basket with a crimson riding hood for effect, then donned the costume's wolf head. Bonnie Anne had a good laugh when she told him wolf's head actually meant outlaw in ancient Marleybonian.

He took a deep breath, knocked once, then opened the door and growled menacingly, "Helllloooo, you tasty morsels."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: By request, Warwick meets another roleplay!

Warwick Orleans, upon a flight of stairs overlooking the decorated courtyard, sighed uncomfortably, reading over a scroll. Six months had passed since he had traveled off in search of his parents - of course, to no avail - and had gotten a letter from his dear friend Lizzy. Warwick didn't necessarily have the time to dress up, but he did make do by giving his Aquilan armor a good polishing and by buying a newer helmet.

If anybody asks, Warwick reminded himself, You're supposedly dressed as a Spartan eagle, minus a good spear. Walking down the stairs, the scales of the armor clinked against one another, providing for all but a silent entrance. A playful breeze interrupting the humidity of the evening blew Warwick's cape back, revealing messy patchwork and the crests of three different ships; A Marleybonian golden bone adorned with red spots for jewels; The crest of a ship called the Golden Gryphon; And a crest of his own, a sitting fox surrounded by stars. Taking a cup of fruit punch from a table, Warwick slid into the small crowd, looking for familiar faces. Even if he did see one, though, he decided not to address it. Slowly, he recognized faces - Alura's, Keira's - and shied away from them.

You ought to remember, if they do, Warwick retorted, You're no more of a brute than you are one...who belongs here. The fact seemed to grow in Warwick's mind as Lizzy and Alura wrapped up a twirling waltz. He knew the steps, having watched it when he had spent time in Marleybone. Maybe I should go...
Before Warwick could change his mind about coming, though, Lizzy heard the familiar clinking of armor. Did he come..? Lizzy shook her head, trying not to keep her hopes from soaring through the roof, and almost reluctantly turned for fear that it wasn't her friend wearing the armor. Her jaw dropped momentarily, though, when she saw him standing there, a cup of fruit punch in his hand. Lizzy shook her shock away and threw herself at Warwick, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here! You made it!" Lizzy squeezed Warwick before she let go, and when she leaned away to see him, Warwick noticed that Lizzy's face was absolutely glowing with happiness, more than she had experienced in a very long time. "How was-" your search... Lizzy continued the thought in her mind, though didn't finish the question upon noticing Warwick's expression. She glanced upward, slipping into her aura vision and noticing that his aura had taken on more of a sad hue. Lizzy went back to regular vision, her face now having a sad expression as well. "I'm sorry things haven't gone as well as we had hoped." Lizzy leaned forward and hugged him again, this time for comfort for the both of them. She backed away, her face easing back into a friendly smile. "So, how have you been these past several months?" I've really missed you. She thought, but she didn't say this aloud. She didn't have to, it was written all over her face.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Before Warwick could change his mind about coming, though, Lizzy heard the familiar clinking of armor. Did he come..? Lizzy shook her head, trying not to keep her hopes from soaring through the roof, and almost reluctantly turned for fear that it wasn't her friend wearing the armor. Her jaw dropped momentarily, though, when she saw him standing there, a cup of fruit punch in his hand. Lizzy shook her shock away and threw herself at Warwick, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here! You made it!" Lizzy squeezed Warwick before she let go, and when she leaned away to see him, Warwick noticed that Lizzy's face was absolutely glowing with happiness, more than she had experienced in a very long time. "How was-" your search... Lizzy continued the thought in her mind, though didn't finish the question upon noticing Warwick's expression. She glanced upward, slipping into her aura vision and noticing that his aura had taken on more of a sad hue. Lizzy went back to regular vision, her face now having a sad expression as well. "I'm sorry things haven't gone as well as we had hoped." Lizzy leaned forward and hugged him again, this time for comfort for the both of them. She backed away, her face easing back into a friendly smile. "So, how have you been these past several months?" I've really missed you. She thought, but she didn't say this aloud. She didn't have to, it was written all over her face.
When Lizzy practically "glomped" him, Warwick promptly dropped his cup of punch and hugged her back, laughing half-heartedly. Lizzy's still Lizzy, alright, Warwick thought to himself, scratching the back of his head. It really was great to see Lizzy again - after his adventures with her, he just had to return to say hello.

"How was-" Lizzy asked before stopping herself. Warwick's smile shattered, his face turning into one of shock and fear. He watched as Lizzy's eyes changed focus when switching from aura vision back to normal.

"About that," Warwick murmured, dragging his foot in a circle, "I sailed around for some time before I found a lead. Then it was following it that took a few months. I learned how to juice Yum, though, which is...always a plus." Warwick struggled to find a positive note, so he switched right on back to his somber findings. He leaned in.
"I was sailing out of Monquista, towards an unmarked stormgate," Warwick whispered, "But it was then that I got ambushed..." Warwick struggled to produce his final, most striking point, "...ambushed by clockwork dragoons." At that word, the hall seemed to grow silent, Warwick blushing under the unsettling quiet and buzz of hushed voices. He tipped his helmet even more forward, hoping to disappear in the shadow cast over his eyes. In just four words, he had instilled a grave truth. The war with the Armada is far from over, he restated to himself, And I'm living proof. For under the shadow of Warwick's helmet, was a torn bit of black, Valencian sail over his right eye.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
OOC: Are you sure I haven't landed in the past hour? How tall was the tower?!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
When Lizzy practically "glomped" him, Warwick promptly dropped his cup of punch and hugged her back, laughing half-heartedly. Lizzy's still Lizzy, alright, Warwick thought to himself, scratching the back of his head. It really was great to see Lizzy again - after his adventures with her, he just had to return to say hello.

"How was-" Lizzy asked before stopping herself. Warwick's smile shattered, his face turning into one of shock and fear. He watched as Lizzy's eyes changed focus when switching from aura vision back to normal.

"About that," Warwick murmured, dragging his foot in a circle, "I sailed around for some time before I found a lead. Then it was following it that took a few months. I learned how to juice Yum, though, which is...always a plus." Warwick struggled to find a positive note, so he switched right on back to his somber findings. He leaned in.
"I was sailing out of Monquista, towards an unmarked stormgate," Warwick whispered, "But it was then that I got ambushed..." Warwick struggled to produce his final, most striking point, "...ambushed by clockwork dragoons." At that word, the hall seemed to grow silent, Warwick blushing under the unsettling quiet and buzz of hushed voices. He tipped his helmet even more forward, hoping to disappear in the shadow cast over his eyes. In just four words, he had instilled a grave truth. The war with the Armada is far from over, he restated to himself, And I'm living proof. For under the shadow of Warwick's helmet, was a torn bit of black, Valencian sail over his right eye.
Lizzy stared at the piece of armada sail protruding from Warwick's helmet, her face white with horror. "We need to go outside." She said abruptly, and without further notice, she sharply grabbed Warwick's hand and led him to the door. Lizzy turned and gestured hurriedly to Alura, her expression reading Please! Do something! Distract the others!

She then hastily turned and followed Warwick out the door. They brushed past some kid dressed as a wolf, and he seemed familiar, but Lizzy didn't have enough time or collected thought to greet him. The crisp chilly air of the small island known as the Isle of Hounds was such a contrast from the warmth of the ballroom inside that Lizzy instantly got chilly, running her hands up and down her arms and then hugging herself to keep warm. Lizzy looked at Warwick, trying to contain her look of alarm and fear but failing. She opened her mouth and closed it several times, trying to produce some sort of response, but she ended up just looking like a goldfish.

Lizzy finally managed to say something. "I can't believe it!" She rubbed the back of her neck, the festivities of the party that her friend was throwing now at the back of her mind. "That unmarked stormgate leads to Valencia. Remember? There was a war between the powers, Marleybone, Monquista, and Valencia. They must have had direct passages to each of their worlds. That stormgate probably leads to Valencia, and I bet there's another stormgate here in Marleybone that's the same way."

This can't be happening.

How would Alura take this?

Not now, please!

No! We all need a break to relax and recruit... we can't handle another war right now.

These thoughts and many others crashed in her mind all at once, but Lizzy silenced them and put her hand to her head, calming herself and thinking. "I think the clockworks are planning..." Lizzy glanced anxiously to the door and although no one could overhear them, Lizzy didn't want to take any chances. She leaned into Warwick and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I think they're planning to conquer Monquista and Marleybone, for good. Beachhead was a major defeat for the armada, yes, but that won't stop them. Have you noticed that for the last several months, armada activity has greatly decreased? I think they were saving their energy for a final attack. Think about it, once they conquer Monquista and Marleybone, the whole Spiral will fall into disarray in terror. The armada will have control of the major worlds of the Spiral, and all the rest of us will only have the option of surrender. Checkmate. The armada wins. Game over."

Lizzy hyperventilated for a moment, then collapsed onto a nearby bench seated to be looking at the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. She had her head buried in her hands, but she looked back upward to Warwick. "I'm probably just overthinking this." She said, a hint of defeat in her voice. "You know more about wars than I do... What do you think, Warwick?"

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy stared at the piece of armada sail protruding from Warwick's helmet, her face white with horror. "We need to go outside." She said abruptly, and without further notice, she sharply grabbed Warwick's hand and led him to the door. Lizzy turned and gestured hurriedly to Alura, her expression reading Please! Do something! Distract the others!

She then hastily turned and followed Warwick out the door. They brushed past some kid dressed as a wolf, and he seemed familiar, but Lizzy didn't have enough time or collected thought to greet him. The crisp chilly air of the small island known as the Isle of Hounds was such a contrast from the warmth of the ballroom inside that Lizzy instantly got chilly, running her hands up and down her arms and then hugging herself to keep warm. Lizzy looked at Warwick, trying to contain her look of alarm and fear but failing. She opened her mouth and closed it several times, trying to produce some sort of response, but she ended up just looking like a goldfish.

Lizzy finally managed to say something. "I can't believe it!" She rubbed the back of her neck, the festivities of the party that her friend was throwing now at the back of her mind. "That unmarked stormgate leads to Valencia. Remember? There was a war between the powers, Marleybone, Monquista, and Valencia. They must have had direct passages to each of their worlds. That stormgate probably leads to Valencia, and I bet there's another stormgate here in Marleybone that's the same way."

This can't be happening.

Not now, please!

No! We all need a break to relax and recruit... we can't handle another war right now.

These thoughts and many others crashed in her mind all at once, but Lizzy silenced them and put her hand to her head, calming herself and thinking. "I think the clockworks are planning..." Lizzy glanced anxiously to the door and although no one could overhear them, Lizzy didn't want to take any chances. She leaned into Warwick and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I think they're planning to conquer Monquista and Marleybone, for good. Beachhead was a major defeat for the armada, yes, but that won't stop them. Have you noticed that for the last several months, armada activity has greatly decreased? I think they were saving their energy for a final attack. Think about it, once they conquer Monquista and Marleybone, the whole Spiral will fall into disarray in terror. The armada will have control of the major worlds of the Spiral, and all the rest of us will only have the option of surrender. Checkmate. The armada wins. Game over."

Lizzy hyperventilated for a moment, then collapsed onto a nearby bench seated to be looking at the fountain in the middle of the courtyard. She had her head buried in her hands, but she looked back upward to Warwick. "I'm probably just overthinking this." She said, a hint of defeat in her voice. "You know more about wars than I do... What do you think, Warwick?"
(Warwick 1, during Navy time: Brave; Warwick 2, in Roleplay IV: Resentful; Warwick 3, in Costume Party: Reckless yet fearless)

Warwick was scared to admit how correct Lizzy was, according to his findings. On his way to recovery in Monquista, he had chanced upon an especially interesting conversation regarding the doings of the Armada and how their plans to sabotage Monquistan trade were slowly falling into place. He scratched the back of his head, or at least the top of his neck, refusing to remove his helmet in shame of his injuries. A gentle breeze guided wilting leaves to the sides, marking the turning of the season. It is also the turning of an era, once again, Warwick sighed.

You have to get out of here, a voice reminded him. If the Armada acts fast, then your services will be required so long as you're in reach.

Then I won't be in reach, Warwick mentally countered, folding his arms in protection from the cold.

And leave Lizzy behind? You know better, General. Warwick shook his head subtly and turned towards the open air. All that mattered was that Lizzy and the others were safe from the clutches of the Armada.

"The Armada is indeed planning as such," Warwick admitted, "And the only thing we can do is wait. They're taking Monquista, first, then returning to Marleybone in full-force. The clockwork engineering," Warwick had a hard time swallowing this point, "Has gotten staggeringly varied per clockwork."

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012

This can't be happening.

Not now, please!

After receiving the hidden message from Lizzie, Alura decided to follow her friend even though she shouldn't. If Lizzie was concealing something it had to be big. Alura walked up to the door then hid behind the wall next to it and closed her eyes, focusing only on the noise outside. '' A stormgate to Valencia in Marleybone? This is horrible! Why would Lizzie try to keep this from me!?'' Alura thought with a mixture of anguish and vexation. She listened on until a new voice appeared... a cutthroat's voice! Opening her eyes, Alura rushed outside, walking past Lizzie and her friend to find the possible perpetrator. Soon after leaving the courtyard she bumped into Kai while he was making his way down the tower. '' Oh no, I'm so sorry!'' She exclaimed while extending her hand for him. '' Hahaha, well would ye lookit' here! Sorry lass, but there will be no time for thinkin' about your kind once we're though with ye.'' Alura retracted her hand and spun around, barley dodging a slash that would've damaged her left arm. Her eyes opened wide as she got a look at all of the menacing cutthroats, pointing their swords at her and Kai. Thankfully though, her dress was a bit shorter than a real Marleybonian maiden's so it didn't drag on the ground, making it easier to move; plus she had her daggers hidden within her purse just in case. '' Ha! Sorry to you! I'm not going down without a fight you big pieces of sushi! ''

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Sam Underhill on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Sam finished getting into his costume and headed off for the party. All that was left was to put the head on, but that made it somewhat difficult to see. So he waited until he was at the door before putting it on. He checked the basket of goodies, which included (although not limited to) chocolate brownie tarts (of which you can never get enough), chocolate cupcakes, and chocolate candy drops. Sam had lined the basket with a crimson riding hood for effect, then donned the costume's wolf head. Bonnie Anne had a good laugh when she told him wolf's head actually meant outlaw in ancient Marleybonian.

He took a deep breath, knocked once, then opened the door and growled menacingly, "Helllloooo, you tasty morsels."
Anne giggled at Sam's absurd sally. "Sam, you silly," she playfully punched the boy lightly in the arm. "What would your Wolf mother say about you dressing up like that?" Anne knew enough of Sam's history to know that his adoptive family were Wolves of Grizzleheim. She glanced over into Sam's basket. "Ooo! Chocolate goodies! I know they will be welcome additions."

Anne turned to include Lizzy in the conversation, but saw that she had gone to greet someone else, a young man Anne did not know. Anne eyed the stranger curiously, noting how eagerly Lizzy was greeting him, and then happened to see Emma. Anne waved happily to her.

"Come on, Sam, let me introduce you to Emma! Unless, of course, you already know her. Oh, she is looking so pretty in that Aztecan costume. Looks so delightfully exotic! She looks a bit embarrassed -- oh, I know, Emma doesn't like wearing dresses. Maybe she will think differently when we tell her how good she looks all dressed up like that," Anne rattled off happily, hardly pausing for breath as she took Sam by the hand and led him across the room.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
DS Devereaux on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
(Warwick 1, during Navy time: Brave; Warwick 2, in Roleplay IV: Resentful; Warwick 3, in Costume Party: Reckless yet fearless)

Warwick was scared to admit how correct Lizzy was, according to his findings. On his way to recovery in Monquista, he had chanced upon an especially interesting conversation regarding the doings of the Armada and how their plans to sabotage Monquistan trade were slowly falling into place. He scratched the back of his head, or at least the top of his neck, refusing to remove his helmet in shame of his injuries. A gentle breeze guided wilting leaves to the sides, marking the turning of the season. It is also the turning of an era, once again, Warwick sighed.

You have to get out of here, a voice reminded him. If the Armada acts fast, then your services will be required so long as you're in reach.

Then I won't be in reach, Warwick mentally countered, folding his arms in protection from the cold.

And leave Lizzy behind? You know better, General. Warwick shook his head subtly and turned towards the open air. All that mattered was that Lizzy and the others were safe from the clutches of the Armada.

"The Armada is indeed planning as such," Warwick admitted, "And the only thing we can do is wait. They're taking Monquista, first, then returning to Marleybone in full-force. The clockwork engineering," Warwick had a hard time swallowing this point, "Has gotten staggeringly varied per clockwork."
Lizzy stood up sharply, feeling immediate anger when Warwick mentioned that all they could do was wait for it to happen. I'd rather die and try to prevent it than live and watch it happen. She shook her head as she shook away her anger, then began to pace quickly but calmly, warming herself up while thinking at the same time. She replied to Warwick with a level head, shoving aside her own emotions and instead reacting with what she believed would benefit the situation the most. "Okay, so, we know that Valencia - er, the clockworks - are going to try and take over Marleybone and Monquista. Tensions are high in between these two nations anyway -- maybe the clockworks don't need to have a full-scale invasion, if they just start a war between the two and then strike the final blow, crumbling the two worlds and conquering them in the process."

She rubbed her chin while she paused, thinking. "Anything could be possible, really. But I can't just wait for it to happen. I'm going to go and warn the Marleybonian Military about the possible attack." Lizzy walked back up to Warwick, resting her hand on his shoulder. "I don't know if I could do it by myself. Who would believe a little pirate girl? Do you think you could help me?"

"...sushi!" Alura's voice carried with the breeze over to Lizzy and Warwick, which caused Lizzy to laugh out loud. She shook her head with a smile. "I'll be right back." Lizzy teleported to her friend and found herself close to the edge and staring down into the courtyard where Warwick is and Lizzy was seconds ago, evident by the emerald green sparkles that still glittered in the air from her teleport. Her eyes widened and she backed away hurriedly, bumping into something extremely large and extremely muscular.

A cutthroat grinned down at her, revealing all of its sharp, pearly-white teeth. Lizzy yelped and spun quickly, accidentally slapping the cutthroat with the back of her hand and sending him sprawling into the others.

I'm wearing a dress, she thought, I have no weapons, Lizzy grit her teeth, and it's cold.

So to end the fight quickly, Lizzy darted in between the massive hulls known as the cutthroats and jabbed each of them in a nerve, making them all gasp from shock then loose control of their limbs and fall to the ground. After they had all fallen, Lizzy was in the middle of what seemed to be a sea of sharks, all of which glared at her and waited to get control of their limbs again. For the fun of it, though, she left a good ten of them for Kai, Alura, and Warwick, knowing that the cutthroats were no real threat. She had fought three minotaurs at once in the past, and knew that the people by her side had accomplished similar goals, she might as well let them have fun with the cutthroats.

"And that's how it's done." Lizzy said with a wink to Alura.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Kai replied "Hi.", before two dual blades come out of his metal gauntlets. He joins the fight, trying to disable the cutthroats but leave them able to run,

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Ruthless Alura Bri... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
After receiving the hidden message from Lizzie, Alura decided to follow her friend even though she shouldn't. If Lizzie was concealing something it had to be big. Alura walked up to the door then hid behind the wall next to it and closed her eyes, focusing only on the noise outside. '' A stormgate to Valencia in Marleybone? This is horrible! Why would Lizzie try to keep this from me!?'' Alura thought with a mixture of anguish and vexation. She listened on until a new voice appeared... a cutthroat's voice! Opening her eyes, Alura rushed outside, walking past Lizzie and her friend to find the possible perpetrator. Soon after leaving the courtyard she bumped into Kai while he was making his way down the tower. '' Oh no, I'm so sorry!'' She exclaimed while extending her hand for him. '' Hahaha, well would ye lookit' here! Sorry lass, but there will be no time for thinkin' about your kind once we're though with ye.'' Alura retracted her hand and spun around, barley dodging a slash that would've damaged her left arm. Her eyes opened wide as she got a look at all of the menacing cutthroats, pointing their swords at her and Kai. Thankfully though, her dress was a bit shorter than a real Marleybonian maiden's so it didn't drag on the ground, making it easier to move; plus she had her daggers hidden within her purse just in case. '' Ha! Sorry to you! I'm not going down without a fight you big pieces of sushi! ''
Warwick turned sharply at the sounds of swords. He drew in a breath and bit his lip. Without a moment of hesitation, he began running towards the battle scene.

"Trouble!" he exclaimed to Lizzy, beckoning her with his hand. As she caught up, Warwick grinned.

"See, the tiger claws got a little bent up on my way," he explained mid-stride, "So I had to improvise." Warwick slipped on a pair of thick drake-hide gloves, the claws having been fastened on in a similar style. His armor, scales recently filed and polished, glowed in the moonlight as he approached the cutthroats.

"Cutthroats in the Isle of Dogs," Warwick snickered, "Never seen that before." Standing around Alura and Kai were over a dozen cutthroats, probably fresh from the Island. Warwick grinned with a glint of maniacal glee in his eyes, thirsty for battle. He launched himself into the battle, taking on several cutthroats at once, timing punches and kicks so that he could see all of his enemies at once.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013

This can't be happening.

Not now, please!

Sam barely got out the way of the duo rushing out the door. 'Some party,' he thought, then deposited his chocolate goodie bag collection on the table with the other delectables. He waved to everyone, then began to load his plate with the fine assortment of offerings. He would have tried everything, but he wasn't the size of a Bear. So he stuck to the basics (if it looked chocolate).

How nice, an actual evening off from pirating. Just a chance to eat a bit, chat up his friends, eat, dance, eat some more, drink lots of Yum!, have more dessert (again), play daft party games, eat, then back to the ship. What could possibly go gnorw?

He took of the wolf's head. "Say, anyone want to tell Boochbeard and Gandry stories?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Anne giggled at Sam's absurd sally. "Sam, you silly," she playfully punched the boy lightly in the arm. "What would your Wolf mother say about you dressing up like that?" Anne knew enough of Sam's history to know that his adoptive family were Wolves of Grizzleheim. She glanced over into Sam's basket. "Ooo! Chocolate goodies! I know they will be welcome additions."

Anne turned to include Lizzy in the conversation, but saw that she had gone to greet someone else, a young man Anne did not know. Anne eyed the stranger curiously, noting how eagerly Lizzy was greeting him, and then happened to see Emma. Anne waved happily to her.

"Come on, Sam, let me introduce you to Emma! Unless, of course, you already know her. Oh, she is looking so pretty in that Aztecan costume. Looks so delightfully exotic! She looks a bit embarrassed -- oh, I know, Emma doesn't like wearing dresses. Maybe she will think differently when we tell her how good she looks all dressed up like that," Anne rattled off happily, hardly pausing for breath as she took Sam by the hand and led him across the room.
Emma waved back, desperately hoping the coral tinge to her cheeks wasn't visible. She smiled a little sheepishly and shifted her position. Her hand, which was curled around a tree branch Aztecan staff, tightly gripped the slightly curved structure. She nodded as Anne cheerfully - and a little speedily- meandered over with a boy she didn't recognize by her side. Emma's irrepressible friend looked quite pretty in the outfit Emma assumed was a slightly inaccurate interpretation of Flora, the Aquilan goddess. Despite the 18th century Marleybonian dress accented with flowers of all sorts, Emma could still tell it was her. The boy with her was dressed in a wolf costume, and Emma couldn't help but giggle a little with amusement.

"Konbawa, Anne-chan," Emma called kindly in Mooshuese. She blushed a little as she remembered not everyone else was fluent in several different languages, judging by the blank looks she received. "I mean, good evening, Anne!" She exclaimed to quickly cover up her slip. Then 'Aztecan priestess' bowed politely, but afterwards took a hiatus to fix her headdress. "May I ask how you've been, and who this friend of yours is?" Her smile was bright.

"Hello as well, Anne and her friend," Keira murmured audibly enough. "Pleased to meet you-" she paused on the words. "Um, my apologies, I don't quite know your name." She blushed as well. She gave a sidelong glance to Lizzy and Warwick together- he seemed to be the only guest Lizzy was positively excited to greet to the party. Heck, she seemed to have hardly given anyone else the same attention.