Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bazaar vs vendors

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
Ok, I was wondering what the difference is between the bazaar and normal vendors, and what makes an item "No auction and/or "No sell." It seems like a vendor will not give you as much gold when you sell stuff to them than the bazaar. I've also noticed that items where you need to be a certain level to use it seem more likely to be "No auction."

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The difference is that at the bazaar, the things you sell can be bought by other players. Venders must be buying things from us cheaply and shipping them somewhere else at a profit, because those items are not seen again (jk but they do buy for less amounts often, and other players can't buy the items you sell there). The items at the bazaar are priced based on their rarity. If the Bazaar has loads of the item you are selling, like early level items that drop often in fights, the price might be about the same as a vender. If the Bazaar only has a few or none of that item, you can get a much better price there. You can sell clothing, jewelry, ship items, and furniture at the Bazaar. The downside of Bazaar is location, there is only one, you have to go there to use it.
Venders are all over the place and might be a quicker stop for selling. Venders tend to buy only a general type of item. Things that are worn might be sold to a jewelery vender for example, like hats, shoes, coats and of course necklaces and rings. Such a vender will not take ship parts or furniture. I think free traders will take both personal and ship items, but not furniture. Ship part venders only take ship stuff.
There are many, many items with level requirements that can be auctioned. The level requirements keep the game from being too easy for where you are questing. If you see more "no auction" items, you might be having a lot of lucky drops. I've seen my share of auction saleable level 5 required hats and level 60 required rings that give only health.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The Bazaar usually gives the best price for auctionable stuff, but if they have a very large supply of them, the item specific vendors for that type of gear have the best price. The free traders never have the best price for anything, but they're the only ones you can sell "treasures" from the card packs to.
No Auction equipment is more powerful gear that KI does want to sell in the Bazaar, some of it is even more powerful than Crowns Only gear from the Crowns Shop (also No Auction).
No Trade gear is even more powerful(except for some stuff that drops in Aquila and Marleybone) and rare than other no auction gear (it's all no auction).
No Sell gear is really special, usually crowns only gear, that KI expects you to want to keep forever, so they made it no sell to help keep you from accidentally getting rid of it. Same with No Trash designation.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
First Mate
May 01, 2012
Most of the "No Auction" equipment that I have seen usually has a special Power attached to it (ie Walk in Darkness, Artillery, etc.) or are special ("rare") equipment.

The only Bazaar (found in the Skull Island Town) will buy almost anything that is not marked as "No Auction" or "No Sell" (The Bazaar will not buy or sell Treasures at the moment). I try to always check the what the Bazaar would pay versus what the normal vendor would pay when I sell it. I have found that the prices can vary widely. As I understand it, the Bazaar price it pays for an item or how much it sells an item for depends on how many of that item it has in stock. In other words, if the Bazaar has a lot of that item, the price you pay for it will be lower and the price you would sell it to the Bazaar would be lower. The prices the Vendors sell or pay for an item seem to be fixed. So, if you are concerned about how much Gold you have, check both the Vendors and the Bazaar before selling or buying something.

Only certain Vendors will deal in housing items or ship items. The Free Traders usually deal in Equipment but some may deal in housing or shipping items. I usually use the Free Trader in Avery's Court and he doesn't deal in Housing Items or Shipping Items. For Housing Items, I use the Vendor in Skull Island Town and go down to the Skull Island Docks for Shipping Items.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Correction: The Bazaar will buy/sell some housing items. It will not sell or buy Mounts or Pets at this time.