Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I feel like I'm playing this game alone.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
Currently my character is on Monquista. It's getting a little upsetting as to how I never have anyone to play with. It's a pretty rare occasion to actually see someone. I have done the past 3 dungeons by myself :(.
Can we please cut back on some realms so as to accumulate a larger population on each realm and increase the likelihood that someone may conveniently be at the same point in the main story line as I am? Would be nice to play with some other people, hence the multiplayer aspect of this game.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I wouldn't want them to cut the realms, because sometimes they do get more crowded. Also, I'm sure K I is hoping for more people to join and play as time goes by. I do understand how you feel though. I have a couple pirates in Monquista. I try to realm hop a bit in hopes of finding people to play with especially before dungeons. I try realm Avery first. Sometimes I have better luck finding someone in the top few realms that are not crowded. It can be tough sometimes and varies by time of day and day of the week. Weekends tend to be easier to find people there. There seem to be more pirates around in the higher areas like Aquila and Mooshu.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Imperturbable on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Currently my character is on Monquista. It's getting a little upsetting as to how I never have anyone to play with. It's a pretty rare occasion to actually see someone. I have done the past 3 dungeons by myself :(.
Can we please cut back on some realms so as to accumulate a larger population on each realm and increase the likelihood that someone may conveniently be at the same point in the main story line as I am? Would be nice to play with some other people, hence the multiplayer aspect of this game.
hey, welcome *sigh* chrissy's rubbing off on me..lol, you just almost joined on Pirate101 birthday, yea i like having someone to play with too, but lemme give you some tips, you may no want to do dungeons with people, (did Troy with some other people, and it took me 2x the time, (about 163 minutes) if i hadnt done that, (really! didnt want to) i would have had zeena before i unsubscribe.

but you wont know what troy or who zeena is for a long.. Long..LONG.. time. lol

now that is because as you get higher lvl your damage ratio to life ratio gradually becomes much farther appart (me as a lvl one swashbuckler can kill a lvl2in 2 hits, while me as a lvl 65 swashbuckler would take me about 15 - 20 hits to kill a lvl 65 enemy, not mention dodging, blocking, and now duding.

so maybe as a little character dungeons do go faster with more people, but i doubt. now second thing, boochbeard is something of a fig (False Information Giver) he says if you log out, or leave a dungeon for 30 min you have to restart, that isnt true! if you leave a dungeon you have to restart. flat. or at least it never works for me or any a my friends.

there are just inumerable things i could tip you on, but just that for now, also, not sure your class, but use your practice points, go to the witchdoctors sanctum an learn spooky!!

Glad Tah Help

Cunning Xavier Veldon Lvl 65
Brave Mason Xiriga Lvl 64
Ruthless Mason Devereaux Lvl 23
Glib Digby Dromond Lvl 12
Valdus Xiriga Lvl 10
Mason Xiriga

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I assume you moved to a crowded realm?

If not, that would be the first thing I would do.

If you happen to play during low usage times, that could be a problem.

You could also post for playing companions on here, or other fan sites.

Good luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
hey, welcome *sigh* chrissy's rubbing off on me..lol, you just almost joined on Pirate101 birthday, yea i like having someone to play with too, but lemme give you some tips, you may no want to do dungeons with people, (did Troy with some other people, and it took me 2x the time, (about 163 minutes) if i hadnt done that, (really! didnt want to) i would have had zeena before i unsubscribe.

but you wont know what troy or who zeena is for a long.. Long..LONG.. time. lol

now that is because as you get higher lvl your damage ratio to life ratio gradually becomes much farther appart (me as a lvl one swashbuckler can kill a lvl2in 2 hits, while me as a lvl 65 swashbuckler would take me about 15 - 20 hits to kill a lvl 65 enemy, not mention dodging, blocking, and now duding.

so maybe as a little character dungeons do go faster with more people, but i doubt. now second thing, boochbeard is something of a fig (False Information Giver) he says if you log out, or leave a dungeon for 30 min you have to restart, that isnt true! if you leave a dungeon you have to restart. flat. or at least it never works for me or any a my friends.

there are just inumerable things i could tip you on, but just that for now, also, not sure your class, but use your practice points, go to the witchdoctors sanctum an learn spooky!!

Glad Tah Help

Cunning Xavier Veldon Lvl 65
Brave Mason Xiriga Lvl 64
Ruthless Mason Devereaux Lvl 23
Glib Digby Dromond Lvl 12
Valdus Xiriga Lvl 10
Mason Xiriga
Speed Switch: "hey, welcome *sigh* chrissy's rubbing off onme..lol," * Woops & does happy dance *
The part about dungeons: It is not exactly False Information, it is just not very clear, he is a pirate after all and details are not his forte. If you leave a dungeon by the door you came in it will reset every time, but if you flee or port to a fountain you can get back in without losing ground. I seem to remember a couple with bugs that would reset if you went to a fountain but if you went to Skull Island, not the Skull Island fountain (which is basically the same location ) then you don't lose ground. Barring those skittering, hard to pin down bugs, that's how it has been working for me.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
Just to clarify, I am generally always on Avery. Despite this, I still very rarely see others and it's becoming a little tedious going through the whole story line by myself. I am suggesting that something be done about the amount of realms. Currently most servers have a relatively small amount of players in them and I would request that some of these realms be removed so as to assemble a larger amount of players on each one.

Another idea would be to implement some kind of feature that would put people that have made similar progress in the story line in the same realms, automatically. I understand that this would probably be a very complex idea to implement but the lack of other players for me is creating a very monotonous experience.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If realm Avery is full of free to play people back in Skull Island, is that why you can be in a crowded realm in Monquista, but still see no one? Is the realm for everywhere, not just for the location you are in? If so, Skull Island might be full of people and Aquila full of people looking for help in tough dungeons, and your full realm is still empty in Monquista? Even if not, people might have left the most crowded realm in your area to avoid slow down issues related to crowding. Max might be right, if you are playing during low usage times.
The idea of people on the same quests being put in the same realm is interesting. It might have some unexpected effects, like separating people who are not on the same quest yet working together, by switching their realm unexpectedly.
Maybe a cross realms shout could work as part of the menu chat system. "Help needed, realm (Vadima) on (quest -whatever it is)." I would want them to make hearing such requests or turning them off a privacy option. If you don't want to hear it then you wouldn't have to or only when in a helping mood or looking for where people with same quest are. If it were text chat, I think it would get misused. Don't need someone who wants to annoy people able to annoy all realms at once.