Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WitchHunter

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
I am slightly confused by this talent. Can someone tell me in detail what triggers this talent.

I originally thought that if anyone who is next to you uses magic your WITCH HUNTER talent would activate. but it doesn't, so am I correct that it only triggers if you are targeted by a magic spell or a witchdoctor only?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Careless Chris Eas... on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
I am slightly confused by this talent. Can someone tell me in detail what triggers this talent.

I originally thought that if anyone who is next to you uses magic your WITCH HUNTER talent would activate. but it doesn't, so am I correct that it only triggers if you are targeted by a magic spell or a witchdoctor only?
Witch Hunter is the Witch Doctors form of first strike, and should only work again magic. when someone (doesnt have to be a witch) uses magic against someone who has witch hunter; it will trigger before your magic attack, now this even i am not clear on, but witch hunter also reduces damage, but i believe it only work against other witches. Scenario:

Xavier(my SWASHBUCKLER) uses mojo storm on a group of 4 Satyrs, before he cast mojo storm each of them use witch hunter (witch hunter also hits extra damage itself, meaning, if you use a regular witch attack, an then you witch hunter, you will hit more with the witch hunter). now all of them have attacked me with witch hunter, it says "REDUCED DAMAGE" above xavier's head four times. but when i cast mojo storm it hits the same amount. i believe its because i am a swashbuckler and so don't boost from spooky.

Now when my Old Scratch attacks four Satyrs its a different story (he has mojo echo lvl2, also fully sppoky) he aims at the four of them and they all "WITCH HUNTER" hit him four times: now take note, my scratch's damage range something like 220 to 328, when i finish buffing him, he always hits his top damage with his attacks, but satyrs have a lot of resistance so he hits a good deal less, about 290 per blow, (he also almost always mojo echo's (mojo echo lvl2) and these were the damages he hit after he was witch huntered 4 times: "4" "mojo echo" "12" "mojo echo" "8" and then he stopped.

So that is how mojo echo works, it hits extra damage, it triggers right before someone uses magic on you, and it reduces damage to things boosting from spooky (i believe)

*Bow* happy to help, and your welcome

Xavier Veldon Lvl 65

Mason Xiriga 60
*helpful tip* DON'T BRING WITCHES TO SATYRS!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Witch hunter is a defense mechanism against people who can use witchdoctor powers (mostly witchdoctors, but on some occasions other factioned units can have them and use them too). What it does is before their attack, witch hunter damages and reduces the damage of the targets attack (only if the attack connects though).

Now though it does trigger first, it's not the true first strike for witchdoctors: that honor belongs to the epic named intuition, which is currently restricted to the witchdoctor boss medea in Aquila.