Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deacon dies???

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Usually, when you defeat an enemy he is just injured, or surrenders. When they actually die, you usually get some end dialog to indicate this.

So, how come there is no final conversation with the malfuctioning Deacon to make it clear that you killed him?

I didn't figure out he was dead until I was told by Rook.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
To answer your question - yes, Deacon does die. Or rather, he's destroyed. Since this is a family-friendly game, there won't really be any 'death' only defeat and a good knockout. But...uh...since it appears you've defeated Deacon, good luck with the future!

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Usually, when you defeat an enemy he is just injured, or surrenders. When they actually die, you usually get some end dialog to indicate this.

So, how come there is no final conversation with the malfuctioning Deacon to make it clear that you killed him?

I didn't figure out he was dead until I was told by Rook.
The badge Avenged tells it all. At least that way I decided he died. I was so relieved when I ended him. Deacon always gave me a '' if he's here- it's bad news'' feeling...
But then Rook comes in ... and my fear continued. Sheesh ... the Armada just doesn't give up, huh?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I see the confrontation at Motherlode Mine as a classic showdown. Previously Deacon withdrew when he felt he did not have enough resources on his side (Opening sequence on the Erebus; Boot Hill) or was so confident of the success of his trap (Monte Royale) that he arrogantly left it to his men to take you. However, here, there can be no withdrawing --- whoever wins the fight gets the map piece. Neither you nor Deacon can retreat: the prize is too great, making it literally a fight to the finish.

Of course, Deacon comes in with what he believes is overwhelming force, thus is utterly confident... confident enough to make the sinister (but classic!) offer to kill you quickly.

And, yes, Star Owl, I always got that thrill of alarm as you say "if he's here, it's bad news" when Deacon -- or indeed any Armada elite, or dialogue-speaking Armada captain shows up! It provides an extra fillip of adrenaline to know that not only are you facing an extremely dangerous, powerful enemy -- but one who has it personally in for you!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
Rooke talks about the player destroying Deacon so he's dead as something that wasn't alive to begin with can be.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I wouldn't hesitate to use the word "die" just because it is a family-friendly game. There are plenty of times when NPCs have used the word "kill". I would think that would be worse than "die". It was Rooke himself that said kill in the same paragraph where he announces that we made Deacon d...oh, I'm sorry..."destroyed" Deacon.

Seems a bit TOO politically correct to me.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
I see the confrontation at Motherlode Mine as a classic showdown. Previously Deacon withdrew when he felt he did not have enough resources on his side (Opening sequence on the Erebus; Boot Hill) or was so confident of the success of his trap (Monte Royale) that he arrogantly left it to his men to take you. However, here, there can be no withdrawing --- whoever wins the fight gets the map piece. Neither you nor Deacon can retreat: the prize is too great, making it literally a fight to the finish.

Of course, Deacon comes in with what he believes is overwhelming force, thus is utterly confident... confident enough to make the sinister (but classic!) offer to kill you quickly.

And, yes, Star Owl, I always got that thrill of alarm as you say "if he's here, it's bad news" when Deacon -- or indeed any Armada elite, or dialogue-speaking Armada captain shows up! It provides an extra fillip of adrenaline to know that not only are you facing an extremely dangerous, powerful enemy -- but one who has it personally in for you!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
( Sights)
So... it's back to stunning and slashing then, huh?