Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please help @Moderator dev Or someone helpful

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
Hi, First of all let me start of by saying i dont have the best laptop it recently ran out of disk space and i cleared some mb for me to use for this game which all went succesful however i accidently deleted something that may have interfered with my 3d Graphical client Now when i try to start Pirate101 after the launcher it says Pirate101 Graphical client failed to start Error:Creation failed:Invalid 3d device type
Help would be much applied and supported I love this game and would like to keep playing and not wait until christmas to get a PC Sincerely Twiket3 Thanks in advanced for all your help

Administrator
Hi there! I forwarded this message board post to our Customer Support. They will be reaching out to you over email to help you with this issue. It does sound like a graphics driver issue to them, and I hope you get back in the skyways soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Hi there! I forwarded this message board post to our Customer Support. They will be reaching out to you over email to help you with this issue. It does sound like a graphics driver issue to them, and I hope you get back in the skyways soon!
Thanks a lot it's awesome to know there are mods in this game who are very helpful

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Twiket3 on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Thanks a lot it's awesome to know there are mods in this game who are very helpful
That describes them to a 'T'

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Twiket3 on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
Hi, First of all let me start of by saying i dont have the best laptop it recently ran out of disk space and i cleared some mb for me to use for this game which all went succesful however i accidently deleted something that may have interfered with my 3d Graphical client Now when i try to start Pirate101 after the launcher it says Pirate101 Graphical client failed to start Error:Creation failed:Invalid 3d device type
Help would be much applied and supported I love this game and would like to keep playing and not wait until christmas to get a PC Sincerely Twiket3 Thanks in advanced for all your help
I would help you if I could...... But you lost me at 3d graphical client....

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
Twiket3 on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
HELP it happened to me too, because i installed windows 8.1 and it gives me that message. i have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. please help.

Administrator
sevennine79 on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
HELP it happened to me too, because i installed windows 8.1 and it gives me that message. i have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. please help.
Hello! This sounds like something that would be best handled by our Customer Support team. You should contact them at support@pirate101.com and let them know the issue. They will most likely ask you for a dxdiag file, so it might be best to send that to them when you contact them.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.
9. Attach that file to an email to support@pirate101.com.

Thanks and hope to see you back in the skyways soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
It happened to my sister, too! She just started playing, and I assured her it would work, but it didn't! I really need help, because my sister is now very depressed. Thank you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
Hello! This sounds like something that would be best handled by our Customer Support team. You should contact them at support@pirate101.com and let them know the issue. They will most likely ask you for a dxdiag file, so it might be best to send that to them when you contact them.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.
9. Attach that file to an email to support@pirate101.com.

Thanks and hope to see you back in the skyways soon!
Hey Jack, Any plans on including Windows 8 directions in your instructions? Some of this stuff was really easy to find and I had a dickens of a time figuring out where they were in Windows 8 and I am confident that I was not the only perplexed user.