Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 3: The Search for Plot

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Why do us pirates go in so many sewers?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Pirates are an unsavory lot by profession. To find and defeat those who are 'bad guys' compared to us, one should expect to look in some pretty disgusting places!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Lol, my guess would be that Blind Mew is a secret fan of Mike Rowe and the Dirty Jobs show. "It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it."

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
I have a few more for you blind mew

1.will we ever return to Marleybone

2.will we return to Valencia before 2014

3.what is it about the ancient ones is there a new world

4.who is that old man in the sneak peek

5.is the war between marleybone and the clockworks going to stop when we defeat kane

6.will we get to know more about our father

7.are our parents dead are not

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Dear Blind Mew,
I only have a single question left to ask. It's more of a request but you may already have something up your sleeves...
I was wondering if, because of the lack of companions in Marleybone and because so many of the Marleybone characters were utterly amazing, I was wondering whether or not you could make a Doberman Redcoat Officer companion?
Thank you, Daniel Radcliffe Level 65

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
Hi Blind Mew, I would like to ask a single question of you

1. What is the state of spiral politics, specifically Valencia and Polaris. How is Valencia run currently? There have been hints that Kane is operating Valencia as a puppet master of sorts with the king being only a figurehead, but the only bit of information we have received on Kane and Valencia Politics is that Casamir have him control of the armed forces. Also, what about Polaris, I know that after the Napoleonic wars was not France's most stable time. Does the populous know of Napolenguin's eminent return? How is Polaris being run right now?

Thank you for entertaining this question that turned into a tangent of questions,

Matthew Ashfordlv. 65

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Hey Blind Mew!!
Here is a question:) When can we meet the Toymaker? I am only in Mooshu, but I have heard from many people on the forums that he is extremely important to the story. I also assume that he built the mechanical birds as well? Thanks for the awesome game!!!

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Sorry Blind Mew, I have said numerous times that I would not ask you anymore questions but I have one more, for now.
In Mooshu when we fight General Tso, he reminded me a lot of the Jade Champion in Wizard101. I was wondering if they are the same person, if not why do they have such similar suits of armor and skin coloring? Thank you, Daniel Radcliffe, Level 65

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
Another question blind mew
1.will book 15 be long or short

Ensign
Jun 05, 2011
john jackson on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
I have a few more for you blind mew

1.will we ever return to Marleybone

2.will we return to Valencia before 2014

3.what is it about the ancient ones is there a new world

4.who is that old man in the sneak peek

5.is the war between marleybone and the clockworks going to stop when we defeat kane

6.will we get to know more about our father

7.are our parents dead are not
About #5, didn't the PC help end that war? We destroyed the minor Armada station and destroyed Beachhead, made the kurgha tigers loyal to the dogs again, ruined the Armada's surprise attack, and killed the general of the Armada, Rooke. I'd say the dogs won.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
Hello blind mew I have a question if you dont mind

I've been wounding, what is that lighthouse world bubble when you go through the cool ranch stormgate. ( I think ) So far I've been stump I have no idea what it is and its purpose so I have one question dos it have anything to the current story or have you guy only put it there to baffle us?

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
yes i'm back and with a lot more questions

1.who is the dog in marco polo's letter and will we be going after her next
2.what is your pirate's age
3.what is the grand design
4.does kane have a master
5.what the main story after el dorado [are would that be telling]
6.i think we should go to krotopia
7.what year will el dorado be resealed 2015,16or17
8.can you give a small hint on book 15
9.is el dorado's book going down from twenty or up from twenty
10.will we ever go to marleybone city
11.what about a new game like demigod101

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Sky Sailor on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
About #5, didn't the PC help end that war? We destroyed the minor Armada station and destroyed Beachhead, made the kurgha tigers loyal to the dogs again, ruined the Armada's surprise attack, and killed the general of the Armada, Rooke. I'd say the dogs won.
The PC didn't necessarily end the war. We just saved Marleybone and sent the Armada running, practically putting it at a stalemate. (Go Marleybone!)

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
victor ice on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Hello blind mew I have a question if you dont mind

I've been wounding, what is that lighthouse world bubble when you go through the cool ranch stormgate. ( I think ) So far I've been stump I have no idea what it is and its purpose so I have one question dos it have anything to the current story or have you guy only put it there to baffle us?
i think it's celestia
speaking of world easter eggs what is with the haunted house world? is it darkmoor,is it just a generic castle world,or maybe IT'S LUIGI'S MANSION.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2012
Blind Mew, I have a few questions for you

1-Since Gracie is an engineer will she be taking apart a clockwork to see how it is made?

2-If the armada has pieces of the map will we eventually have to steal their pieces soon?

3-Mr. Evans in Junction gives you the Zephyr train quest I thought it might play a role in Marleybone and he would show up in two places like you or First Mate Roll but he wasn't there will this play a role later on?

Thanks,
Strong Luke Abbott lvl 59 Swashbuckler

P.S
I know the first two will probably be "that would be telling" but I'm very curious on the 3rd

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Going waaaay back to the beginning of the game, how in the world did that death trap I mean raft stay together?

-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 64
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 10
-Stormy Nikita Nightingale lvl 10

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
blind mew I have another question

will we be expecting a update soon like book 15

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
Blind Mew you might want to see this idea i came up with for our Final Battle with Kane

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32529-kane-battle-idea

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
iceblade1233 on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew you might want to see this idea i came up with for our Final Battle with Kane

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?32529-kane-battle-idea
i feel mixed about the idea i dont want to end the ENTIRE game after we defeat kane i would rather have another arc like w101.

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
I have a few questions:

1: Phule seems to be a bit... ah, what's the word? Two-faced? Might we find him questioning his loyalties to the armada at some point?

2:Is Morgan Lafitte related in any way to the Lafitte gang in marleybone?

3:Are windstones related to spiral keys? I thought that maybe spiral keys contain or are carved out of windstones.

4:Stormgates are the main way to get between worlds, but Is there another way? Would it be possible to traverse through the void between worlds instead of taking a stormgate?

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
thatonevalenciansw... on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
i feel mixed about the idea i dont want to end the ENTIRE game after we defeat kane i would rather have another arc like w101.
of course the game wont end. i mean come on we may have el dorado but throughout the spiral are treasures even beyond that. this is what i think will happen after we beat kane, but the adventure doesn't stop there and kingsisle should know that

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I know that you can't confirm my WMGs here because spoilers, but here's my theory.

I'm starting to think Kane is becoming less interested in the map. Especially now that it has costed him two of his court. While plan A was to use Pollo's map, plan B is to create one of his own.

Most of this comes from when Bishop mentions the "celestial computations" while the golden wheel from the ancient ones' temple is in the background. It's pretty clear that the ancient ones are either Aztecasaurs or a close branch. Azteca had very good knowledge of the celestial working of the spiral and the golden wheel looks a lot like a calender which would have a very close record of past and future celestial movements. This could be useful for something trying to solve a riddle created by a culture that used a magic system based on the celestial.

This leads me to suspect that Kane is using the information he and Bishop have collected to solve the stormgate's movements and make their own map. After all, Marco Pollo managed to solve the riddle of the El Dorado stormgate. Why can't Kane if he's supposedly smarter than any living being? Also it would explain why Kane stole Polo's books. Map pieces a helpful but not essential.

You've hidden what Kane want's that's in El Dorado enough that I cannot even make an educated guess beyond some kind of power. I don't think it's an artifact of doom (ex. ark of the covenant), but I'm a clue or two short of being able to make a guess.

Now on to a unrelated question: What made you choose the personalities for the elites? Phule and Bishop are my favorites. Somehow Bishop manages to be that perfect creepy feeling that he's been literally wound too tight for too long. Phule has had some moments that remind me of Starscream. He seems delighted to see how much trouble the PC has become for Deacon and likes the idea of the PC causing Kane difficulties. While the fool's purpose in the court is to remind the king he has flaws, but does this one seeks the crown?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Armorclad Coyote on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
I know that you can't confirm my WMGs here because spoilers, but here's my theory.

I'm starting to think Kane is becoming less interested in the map. Especially now that it has costed him two of his court. While plan A was to use Pollo's map, plan B is to create one of his own.

Most of this comes from when Bishop mentions the "celestial computations" while the golden wheel from the ancient ones' temple is in the background. It's pretty clear that the ancient ones are either Aztecasaurs or a close branch. Azteca had very good knowledge of the celestial working of the spiral and the golden wheel looks a lot like a calender which would have a very close record of past and future celestial movements. This could be useful for something trying to solve a riddle created by a culture that used a magic system based on the celestial.

This leads me to suspect that Kane is using the information he and Bishop have collected to solve the stormgate's movements and make their own map. After all, Marco Pollo managed to solve the riddle of the El Dorado stormgate. Why can't Kane if he's supposedly smarter than any living being? Also it would explain why Kane stole Polo's books. Map pieces a helpful but not essential.

You've hidden what Kane want's that's in El Dorado enough that I cannot even make an educated guess beyond some kind of power. I don't think it's an artifact of doom (ex. ark of the covenant), but I'm a clue or two short of being able to make a guess.

Now on to a unrelated question: What made you choose the personalities for the elites? Phule and Bishop are my favorites. Somehow Bishop manages to be that perfect creepy feeling that he's been literally wound too tight for too long. Phule has had some moments that remind me of Starscream. He seems delighted to see how much trouble the PC has become for Deacon and likes the idea of the PC causing Kane difficulties. While the fool's purpose in the court is to remind the king he has flaws, but does this one seeks the crown?
Kane doesn't sound like the guy to go, this is too hard, time for plan B! He seems like he would buckle down, get the map pieces, and get revenge for what the PC has done. I believe the reading of polo's books is to find hints for the other piece locations. Plus, the celestial computations sounds like they are more related to the mechanical birds.

Now my questions:
1.How old is catbeard? He worked wit Pollo who worked with the chicken cartographer who went to CR (forgot his name) and he already has a son (or was it his grandson?) who is already full grown. He must be pretty old, and that fur does wonders for his skin, or the 9 lives thing count for natural deaths?

2.How do sparkshooters work? are they pellets charged with electricity?

3.how does Monquista remain a spiral power? They don't have sparkshooters, just little crossbows that have miniscule arrows, their army doesn't seem nearly as big as MB or the armada, and physically, it's like a 2 year old fist-fighting a grown man. And it doesn't seem like they keep diplomatic relations, for they think: Friend of the crown? no? have fun dying! oh, wait you are a friend? meh, we're bored and are short executions on the schedule. Seriously, how are these guys still around?

4. How are the armada Programed? they look like they are just gears, piano wire, and metal plates. How are they able to think or even speak? It seems almost like Pinocchio magic that the elites are able to do what they can.

Developer
Krokenguy on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for answering everyone's questions Blind Mew. I have a question for you.
I know this is one of those "That Would Be Telling" topics, but since you've already confirmed that we will be returning to Valencia, can you confirm if we will be returning to Monquista?(By this I mean with the world expanded and one or more new skyways.
A trip back to Monquista is definitely something I'd like to see - we have some nifty ideas lined up for a return trip, should it happen.

Developer
Trimond297 on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
Hopefully, I'm expecting Kane's battle to consist of more than one phase in the epic battle to come, Blind Mew, because I tend to see end-of-arc villains to undergo a transformation of sorts or two in their final battles after the first phase. Malistaire's battle in Wizard101's Dragonspyre only had about one form and it was, well... to put it... doesn't have the epic feeling of defeating an end-of-arc villain boss with only one form. I've been through that, and it was... not quite as epic as I thought it would be. I wish he would have had a second form, and it would be fitting to have Malistaire to change into the form of a... large dragon of sorts, with a bit more health, new, yet more powerful monsters and a new boss cheat or two. Regardless, I hope Kane's battle will have more than one phase in the first arc's end as part of the surprises, because I would like to see that happen.

And, I do hope to see at least Krokotopia and Grizzleheim before the first arc is over, because if we would see the Home World 5 companions in the game and the two said worlds weren't in the game yet, what backstories would they have of what worlds they would came from, and how would their adventures turn out before reuniting with the PC, even though the mentioned worlds haven't been made available in the game yet?

Hope you've time to answer to this, if you please, and thanks for answering and listening!
As far as the specifics of Boss Fights - that's a bit outside my area of expertise, but i agree - the more wrinkles you can put on them, the better.

As for world lists, I don't comment on that. We have plenty of places to go yet, don't worry.