Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Egg Shen no good!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Maybe i'm wrong, since he's a disciple already, but he doesn't deal a lot of damage. Although kudos for helping me out with Johnny Ringo in Clark's house, he's not as strong as I thought. Or maybe is it that I need to train him harder? Please reply!

Lovable Natalie level 21

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Egg Shen being your first crew member, yes he ought to turn out pretty good. All the starter crew have that potential. Maybe it is a question of what you are training him in. What does he have so far? What epics? Some epic talents compliment each other better than others, or are better choices for a crewman who is high in one kind of stat naturally (crew with high dodge do well with reposte for example). I copied your question on to the crew training thread.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Maybe i'm wrong, since he's a disciple already, but he doesn't deal a lot of damage. Although kudos for helping me out with Johnny Ringo in Clark's house, he's not as strong as I thought. Or maybe is it that I need to train him harder? Please reply!

Lovable Natalie level 21
OK, here is my suggestion, Egg Shen is very, very, good not to mention he is on a privateer character.

When he promotes the first time give him Relentless and Second chance, his talents should be rough first, then accurate, then tough, then strong.

Now, when you get to lvl 25, reset him and give him relentless lvl 2, he wont need second chance anymore because you will have both call to arm and espirit de corpse, so he most likely isn't gonna miss,

i suggest, when you get valor armor, you should already have valor shield, so, when egg Shen starts to get low on life, dont waste your heals on him! save them for someone else, why? because, egg Shen has turn the tide! that means when he is at half life or lower he willalways, hit 25% more damage, he will be hitting a great deal! so, when he is a half life, put valor armor on him, and valor shield, make sure to always! use increased critical, its a quest for it at lvl 15 so ya better do it! its actually called Discipline, i think its the most useful privateer spell,

Egg shen should be your first mate, or maaaaybe bonnie, (she should have burst fire) but either way thats what you do, when he gets into low life, buff him, but do NOT heal him unless either he is basically dead (meaning the heal isnt going to unturn the tide him) or, you can heal him back into green life, but only if your sending him at an enemy that is going to hurt him back into turn the tide mode before he does his own attack, example: first strike, if you heal him back into green, send him at an enemy who will first strike him back into yellow. then that enemies first strike will be kinda pointless!

Well, i';m glad to help! i dont want you loosing, and definitely don't want anyone to think Shen i worthless lol

Post if you need more assistance
Xavier Veldon Lvl 65

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I do agree it does matter how you train him up. However I have had him 3 times now tried different things each time and now that I'm running a new musketeer who got him as a comp, I have left him at level one and just kept him dead till I could put him too sleep.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
jeffreyskullpants on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I do agree it does matter how you train him up. However I have had him 3 times now tried different things each time and now that I'm running a new musketeer who got him as a comp, I have left him at level one and just kept him dead till I could put him too sleep.
horrible, horrible, choice.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
My sister is a and egg Shen is her top 3 companions.(Bonnie, egg , and ratbeard)He is a disciple, and he did 300!My sister is lvl 17 named Happy Destiny Evans.
Smiling Natalie lvl 51

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
300 damage at lvl 17? he must have turn the tide and did an epic hit, but thats borderline impossible! are you sure he did 300? or are you sure she's 17? lvl lol

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
jeffreyskullpants on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Doesn't musketeers get Wing Chun as first companion?

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Speed Switch on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
300 damage at lvl 17? he must have turn the tide and did an epic hit, but thats borderline impossible! are you sure he did 300? or are you sure she's 17? lvl lol
Maybe he had high damage, strength, and did an epic hit. Just a possibility.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Speed Switch on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
WOW! Shocking number! 300 attack points, that's a killer...

Lovable Natalie level 21

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Puppylove1021 on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Maybe he had high damage, strength, and did an epic hit. Just a possibility.
He sure did. I could not believe that he had high damage, a lot of strength, and he did an epic it.