Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fill-in skills: Witch Doctor

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 18, 2010
These are a series of skills I feel could be implemented not as the next ten or so levels of skills, but as "fill-ins" between the old skills. Sort of the same thing Kingsisle did when Wintertusk came into being. So without further ado, here are my ideas for new Witch Doctor skills.

New Skills

Lvl 9: Memory Banks
Gives one extra slot in the Witch Doctor's arsenal of powers. (Instead of 7 in battle, 8)

Lvl 12: Lightning Strike
Does basic damage and stuns the target for one turn. Range: 3

Lvl 19: Identity Theft
Matches all of your stats' values to the lowest available value. (Ex: If you have 40 str, 35 ago, and 21 will, all three will decrease to 21) Lasts 5 turns. Range: 3

Lvl 27: Memory Banks 2
Gives yet another extra power slot for a total of 9

Lvl 35: Psychic Wall (Gotten preferably from a new quest)
Creates a one square barrier around the target, causing them to, on the enemies turn, knock back all in melee range and forbid even standing at melee range of the affected target. Lasts 3 turns. Range: Infinite

Lvl 45: Voodoo Disable (Also preferably from a new quest)
Completely takes out an enemy from battle for 1 turn. Range: 3 (The square they were on will be inaccessible)

Lvl 53: Spooky 4
+5% Power effects (Cause what else)

Lvl 59: Identity Breach
Same as Identity Theft, lasts for 5 turns and effects everyone in a 3x3 square. Range: 3

Lvl 63: Power Trap
Disables any and all epics from that target for 3 turns. Range: 3

I will have corresponding skills for each class later, when I think of good ones.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I can't agree with any of these boosts to witchdoctors as I see that class as being over powered as it currently is. Ranked PvP needs to come out, then we could see if any of this stuff is needed or necessary to better balance the classes. From what I read of what you posted, you want to pretty much make the witchdoctor immune to about everyone while taking away from everyone anything special they may have. It just doesn't sound fair.

Ensign
Apr 18, 2010
Not the intention to make witchdoctors overpowered, but I have always thought that the whole point of witchdoctor is to be the odd one out, putting jams in the combat system to turn the tide. Maybe I was a bit overboard with some, but remember that this is only one of five that I am doing. The other classes will be improved.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
seasnake on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I can't agree with any of these boosts to witchdoctors as I see that class as being over powered as it currently is. Ranked PvP needs to come out, then we could see if any of this stuff is needed or necessary to better balance the classes. From what I read of what you posted, you want to pretty much make the witchdoctor immune to about everyone while taking away from everyone anything special they may have. It just doesn't sound fair.
Yea I tend to agree. That power tap seems a bit harsh. But great imagination though.