Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game glitch with Shonen Knife?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I've found all of the knives but the game won't recognize the Rokugura (?) knife. I've gone back to the location several times and I move all around the knife but it just won't accept that I've found it.

Not sure how to go about finishing that side quest now. Any suggestions?

ThriftyTiffanyWebb

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
I've found all of the knives but the game won't recognize the Rokugura (?) knife. I've gone back to the location several times and I move all around the knife but it just won't accept that I've found it.

Not sure how to go about finishing that side quest now. Any suggestions?

ThriftyTiffanyWebb
Is it still in your quest book? Does it say to go to Zeke? Is it possible that you are looking at a stray knife and not Zeke's Knives? Where are you standing for the problem one?

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Is it still in your quest book? Does it say to go to Zeke? Is it possible that you are looking at a stray knife and not Zeke's Knives? Where are you standing for the problem one?
Yes ma'am, it says that's the last one I need to find. It's behind the busted ship in Yakooza Cave and I come at it from all different directions and move around it, an inch at a time, for several minutes, hitting X and everything and it just won't recognize that I'm on it.

I've been going back to it periodically for a couple of weeks now and nothing I do seems to work.

ThriftyTiffanyWebb

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Have you tried looking at the quest goal?

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I knew this would happen. I was all done with Moo Shu and couldn't just leave that quest sitting there so I tried AGAIN and it still wouldn't acknowledge that I'd found the knife.

However, I this time I DID notice that the quest arrow was leading me out of Yakooza Cave. And once I left the cave the yellow circle with the question mark popped up as it always does on a search quest. I didn't know what else to do so I ran around the island and........oops. There were the knives lying on a dock-----plain as day.

I suspect what happened is that there must have been Yakooza Cave knives that I'd found and then forgotten about and I just assumed those were the Rokagura knives when I *discovered* them again.

So there's no glitch. At least not with the game.

ThriftyTiffanyWebb

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh well done . That was one of the clues I was prompting for. I knew you were at the correct knives in the cave, I was just hoping if I knew what the quest said, it would tell me that the cave ones weren't the ones you still needed. Great sleuthing skills and congratulations.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks!

I wonder if I should submit that as an update idea----on Prospector Zeke's quests having the completed ones still showing but marked as completed.

It would help out the lowest common denominators like me.

ThriftyTiffanyWebb