Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What would you do if...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Puppylove1021 on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Clockworks flew across the skyway, Kane fleed, and Ratbeard was drinking yum. (as usual) Jill got off the Dreadnaught and steered her Imperial Moon while Bonnie Anne steered Jill's Mooshu Skiff, the Hammitsu Rainbow. "Quickly!" said Lucky Jack Russell, who just got promoted to Dog Corsair. (He has more health than any other companion) More clockwork ships started attacking. "FLEE!!!!" alarmed Ratbeard. "We are NOT giving up." said El Toro. "Right." said Subodai. Buffalo Bill was unaware of this though. Chloe sped to the rescue. Sarah Steele thought that there was going to be trouble. Jill however, didn't guess it, she KNEW it.

(to be continued)
Jill was getting pretty stressful. This wasn't right. "Where IS Sam even?" thought Jill. Jill felt like she was about to faint. Chloe apparently got boarded. Jill couldn't handle the stress. She couldn't do it. Nobody could handle it. It was just horrible. "HELP!!!" yelled Chloe. The Hammitsu Rainbow joined the battle. Jill then fainted. "How are we going to get home with a knocked-out captain?!" alarmed Sarah Steele. Several uneasy minutes passed. Then KABOOM! Another Clockwork ship called The Unstoppable blew up Jill's ship. Rooke took Jill and every other crew member on her ship to a cell. Sarah Steele wrote a letter to Chrissy, Lizzy, and Anne.

Letter

Dear Anne, Chrissy, and Lizzy,
Can you help us? Captain,me crewmates, and me got captured by Rooke on The Unstoppable. Help us!

Sarah Steele

(to be continued)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Anne felt torn in two. On the one hand, her sympathetic nature wanted to reassure and accept the stranger. Here this 'Knight' had given up everything to join the humans she evidently admired. Anne did at first wonder if it was a clever act, but upon consideration rejected the notion. Knight seemed genuine, and she was gentle in demeanor and kind to Chrissy's parrot. Although, Anne knew full well that being kind to parrots was not necessarily the seal of virtue -- after all, the worst bully she had known in her Mooshu village had been kind to his pets. However, Knight seemed to be a person who truly wished to be virtuous. That resonated strongly with Anne. All her life, to seek to do right and be virtuous was her dearest goal.

On the other hand, Knight was a clockwork. A clockwork devised by Kane, no less! All the clockworks she had encountered or heard of were heartless, evil murderers. Her parents had fallen to them, and her foster mother as well. She had suffered herself at their hands. Her crew would never accept a clockwork among them. Anne would not be able to sleep at night with a clockwork nearby, even a clockwork she tried to trust.

Yet, Knight was a clockwork seeking a soul. Anne remembered her foster mother telling the tale of the fox fairy who sought a soul, trying to become human. How little Anne had cried at the fox fairy's sad fate! How her foster mother had scolded her older foster brothers and sisters for laughing at their little sister's tears. If Knight was seeking a soul, it would be so wrong to stand in her way, even though she was so fearful in her making. Oh, Mao Xue, Anne thought sadly of her foster mother. How I miss your wisdom. I wish you could be here to advise me right now.

Instinctively, Anne gazed into Knight's face, seeking answers, but had to look away from those blank, dark eyeholes. Her eyes fell upon Knight's white hands, delicate and porcelain-like. They were beautiful hands, Anne reflected. So fine and perfect. So unlike Deacon's oversized, large hands...

No! I won't remember! Anne physically staggered as she frantically squashed the awful memories that unbidden came bubbling to the surface of her mind. The effort left her feeling sick, almost faint.

Everyone was looking towards her, waiting for her answer. Anne never felt so unready for a response in her life. "I... I..." she stammered uncertainly. What do I say? What do I do?
Simply brilliant. I agonize with her. Soul grabbing.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Well, Elizabeth, this is a fine pickle. Well done - it really makes me think (and you know I like to do that).

At first I felt quite uncomfortable, this story edging too much into the real Pirate storyline, going into speculative territory that perhaps would not mesh with the real story. Some of it seemed quite inconsistent with the information we already have of Kane and his Elites, not to mention a piece of the Map? That didn't feel right. But then, I began to consider: what if the clockwork girl believes her story to be true... but it is not. She's an experiment by Kane, true enough, but not to be a kind of daughter, but something else entirely. So she is created with a great capacity for curiosity and reason, the philosopher Locke's 'blank slate' that will naturally incline towards sympathy and understanding unless given experience turns her towards evil.

Sure enough, her curiosity about humans, our pirates in particular, lead her to sympathy, and that leads her to this pivotal decision -- a decision in which Kane will win, one way or another, no matter what happens.

First, the pirates could decide to accept her. (Anne will find this extraordinarily difficult, perhaps impossible: her parents were killed by the Armada and she saw Deacon murder her foster mother. She can feel a sympathy towards Knight, because she is a rational person, but at best, right now she can only be indecisive.) However, if Knight is accepted, she unwittingly is a spy -- because she has such devices to provide information to Kane as part of her very body.

If on the other hand, Knight is rejected, she may at first be despairing, but in frustration her emerging sympathy festers into disappointment, disillusionment, and finally utter rejection and emerging hatred of these humans. (Does this sound like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? Oh yes, you can bet being the daughter of scholars and philosophers --Mary's mother wrote On the Vindication of the Rights of Women-- she knew all about Locke and other philosophers.) Now Kane has a thinking, imaginative clockwork bent towards evil, and now truly loyal to him. Score again for Kane.

The third choice is simply morally unacceptable - that the pirates destroy Knight. But even then, Kane wins, because his enemies have lost the moral high ground.

Maybe I'm just naturally paranoid (though I've never known myself to be so before ). But on the other hand, Kane - smarter, stronger, faster than anybody- it is the kind of devious ploy he could come up with.
OOC: Too true Anne, I felt a little bit uncomfortable mentioning the map piece and bringing up Kane directly (even if in a memory), but I wanted to see how you would respond and now I have, and I agree with you on many grounds.

However... Knight may be a clockwork, but I don't believe she would be bent on evil if the group rejected her. In this instance you may be reminded of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but this whole time I've been seeing Knight's story as another version of Pinocchio. XD Knight, the clockwork that becomes a real girl. Or at least she believes or hopes so. She most likely won't physically change (poor thing, I bet she'll be pretty sad at that), but mentally, maybe. Already being accepted by Emma and Lizzy has made her spirits soar.

As for Chrissy, that was quite a speech you made through Knight. It was a fantastic one about the need for love, but not entirely accurate to how Knight would react. When you said that a female clockwork had momentarily captured Rascal, I could have sworn I thought you meant Queen! Knight ordinarily wouldn't interfere with a pirate's mission (or at least not that much, although she may tease a stray clockwork for the pleasure of it). I'm not entirely sure how something inside her broke, but it makes sense to me if she suddenly felt mislead. Kane has drilled it into every clockwork's brain that love and passion is a weakness that should be ignored, but Knight has experienced first hand that these emotions conquer all.

If she is rejected, Knight will most likely sadly leave the pirates alone and try and find a new life for herself -- never to return to the clockworks, and too ashamed to show her face to the humans. I'm going to submit a little something for the roleplay that I think might effect Anne's decision, or at least help it along.
~
Lizzy's eyes widened when she had read the note. She passed it to the Chrissy to read, turning to Anne. "I understand you being unwilling to accept a clockwork, and I don't blame you for it. So let's try something. Jill obviously needs our help, and in order to fight Rooke again, we could use all the help we can get." Lizzy looked to Knight. "How would you feel about helping us bash up Rooke?"

Knight was momentarily shocked. "Me? ...Rooke?" She was amazed that the green-eyed pirate was so willing to let her help, although... little Knight... against the military general of the armada? It didn't seem possible! "I'll help where I can." Knight nodded to Lizzy.
~
Of course, if you wish, this could be easily rejected if you don't like the idea.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Sam woke up. His head was muzzy and disoriented. The air smelt of powder and electricity. And someone had a stranglehold around his throat.

"Easy there," a lilting Scot's accent attempted to soothe and prevent him from struggling. "You've had a nasty knock to the noggin. Now if you don't want me to drop ye, do ye think ye can hold still?"

Sam stopped and tried to assess the situation. The last thing he remembered was running for the hole in the dreadnought and hearing a world encompassing BOOM! Then... nothing.

"Who are you?" he queried,trying to buy some time for head to clear.

"Name's Connie Anne. Got thrown from the clockwork thingummy and bumped into you out here - literally. Been holding on to this driftwood ever since, waiting for you to come round. Do ye think ye can take hold of it for yerself now?" Her voice was so close to Bonnie Anne's he acted without thinking and grabbed on to the life supporting mass. With Connie Anne's help they managed to secure their position to where survival became possible in the long term. "Lots of ships about, but I've nay been able to signal one whilst holding onto you."

"Then the first thing I need to do is say thank you," Sam acknowledged. "You've saved my life, no doubt."

"Aye, yer welcome and all that. Do ye recognize any of these here ship's insignias?"

Sam let his gaze wander over the sails and was surprised to see a jester's hat with a head reflector. Baffled, he trusted his instincts to guess they were not clockwork ships. "Let's try one of those," he suggested to his new friend.

"Alrighty." Connie Anne was indeed a red fox of Albion persuasion. She somehow managed to stand on the makeshift platform, then started waving her arms about shouting "Cooeee, look o'er here ye blasted lubbers!" at the top of her lungs. One of the ships turned gracefully and came to.

The first sight to greet them was a bevy of muskets, but Sam and Connie Anne didn't mind in the slightest.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Speed Switch on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
i would tell time ...
Okay, Speed Switch, I thought that was hilarious.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Too true Anne, I felt a little bit uncomfortable mentioning the map piece and bringing up Kane directly (even if in a memory), but I wanted to see how you would respond and now I have, and I agree with you on many grounds.

However... Knight may be a clockwork, but I don't believe she would be bent on evil if the group rejected her. In this instance you may be reminded of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but this whole time I've been seeing Knight's story as another version of Pinocchio. XD Knight, the clockwork that becomes a real girl. Or at least she believes or hopes so. She most likely won't physically change (poor thing, I bet she'll be pretty sad at that), but mentally, maybe. Already being accepted by Emma and Lizzy has made her spirits soar.

As for Chrissy, that was quite a speech you made through Knight. It was a fantastic one about the need for love, but not entirely accurate to how Knight would react. When you said that a female clockwork had momentarily captured Rascal, I could have sworn I thought you meant Queen! Knight ordinarily wouldn't interfere with a pirate's mission (or at least not that much, although she may tease a stray clockwork for the pleasure of it). I'm not entirely sure how something inside her broke, but it makes sense to me if she suddenly felt mislead. Kane has drilled it into every clockwork's brain that love and passion is a weakness that should be ignored, but Knight has experienced first hand that these emotions conquer all.

If she is rejected, Knight will most likely sadly leave the pirates alone and try and find a new life for herself -- never to return to the clockworks, and too ashamed to show her face to the humans. I'm going to submit a little something for the roleplay that I think might effect Anne's decision, or at least help it along.
~
Lizzy's eyes widened when she had read the note. She passed it to the Chrissy to read, turning to Anne. "I understand you being unwilling to accept a clockwork, and I don't blame you for it. So let's try something. Jill obviously needs our help, and in order to fight Rooke again, we could use all the help we can get." Lizzy looked to Knight. "How would you feel about helping us bash up Rooke?"

Knight was momentarily shocked. "Me? ...Rooke?" She was amazed that the green-eyed pirate was so willing to let her help, although... little Knight... against the military general of the armada? It didn't seem possible! "I'll help where I can." Knight nodded to Lizzy.
~
Of course, if you wish, this could be easily rejected if you don't like the idea.
OOC; My apologies Elizabeth if I took too many liberties with Knight. When I had her capture Rascal on the ship it was not to help or hinder any pirate or clockwork. I saw her as a very curious creature that had spotted a keet with a note on it and she just wanted to see what it said. She released Rascal because he was not what had triggered her interest, it was only that he was carrying a note. Reading the note is what taught her about love and sacrifice and how pirates function with it. This is what revealed to her that Kane was wrong about how love was a weakness, in fact it made the pirates stronger.
I thought I was just focusing on what you had already written into her personality, again my apologies if I got it wrong.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy read the note and acted instantly. She ordered the raising of the flag to call the fleet closer so they could better communicate their plans. As Bonnie Anne was on crow's nest duty she started scanning the waters in order to signal the ships where to arrange themselves. Her signal flags began to direct the incoming ships then she almost dropped them in her excitement. "CAPTAIN" She hollered down. "Heads up There's something in the water coming this way." "To arms" Chrissy ordered, well knowing that to be prepared first often made all the difference. All available guns pointed over the ship's sides and the resulting shouts drew them together to all focus on the commotion in the water that Bonnie Anne had spotted.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Okay? So this thread just turned into roleplay? That's AWESOME! Although... I don't know if I should jump in or not... I'm not very good...
To answer the initial question, well, I guess I'd just break down or something. O_o Like literally, break down.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Quick Pearl on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
Okay? So this thread just turned into roleplay? That's AWESOME! Although... I don't know if I should jump in or not... I'm not very good...
To answer the initial question, well, I guess I'd just break down or something. O_o Like literally, break down.
You can join. I don't mind.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quick Pearl on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
Of Course you are welcome.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Okay, Speed Switch, I thought that was hilarious.
lol, me too! XD

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Puppylove1021 on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
You can join. I don't mind.
Okay. Thanks! I think I'll wait for a little bit until the next wave of replies. I think I might find a better spot to jump in. Thank you once again!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

~

~
With relief, Anne pushed aside her confused feelings, her pain and angst. They didn't have time for that; they needed to go on a rescue mission now. As for Knight, Anne didn't believe the clockwork - despite her appearance - would willingly betray them. They could use all the help they could get.

She turned her attention to Knight. It was hard to look at her. Anne made herself think of the sad fox fairy and her quest for a soul -- so like Knight, perhaps? It was too soon to tell.

Anne steeled herself for what she would do next. Her instincts shouted against her, yet instincts or no instincts, she needed to do what was right. She extended her hand and took Knight's cool, smooth hand in her own. Anne had never willingly touched a living clockwork before. She looked solemnly at the clockwork girl. "Thank you for coming to help us."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
With relief, Anne pushed aside her confused feelings, her pain and angst. They didn't have time for that; they needed to go on a rescue mission now. As for Knight, Anne didn't believe the clockwork - despite her appearance - would willingly betray them. They could use all the help they could get.

She turned her attention to Knight. It was hard to look at her. Anne made herself think of the sad fox fairy and her quest for a soul -- so like Knight, perhaps? It was too soon to tell.

Anne steeled herself for what she would do next. Her instincts shouted against her, yet instincts or no instincts, she needed to do what was right. She extended her hand and took Knight's cool, smooth hand in her own. Anne had never willingly touched a living clockwork before. She looked solemnly at the clockwork girl. "Thank you for coming to help us."
"You're welcome." Anne's hand felt warm in Knight's own metal hand, and when she had retracted her hand it continued to have a tingly feeling there, like it longed for the warmth once again. "As for Rooke, I don't think I can physically take him down on my own, but I do know of his weak spots, which would be an excellent advantage to have over him." She lowered her voice to a barely audible mumble. "When I first heard you pirates had blown up his ship, I was actually hoping that tower of a clockwork would stay down."

Lizzy laughed. "Same here, my friend. Do you know how to use any weapons?"

Knight was taken aback by the question. It had never occurred to her that she would need weapons, and she had never known how to use them anyway. "No." She replied. [OOC: Oh my goodness I can't stop yawning! Help! ]

Lizzy nodded. With those fragile little hands of hers, she hadn't expected Knight knew very much about self-defense. "That's fine. Knowledge is power, Knight. It's how I got by for most of my life." She turned to Anne and gave her a cheeky salute with a grin. "Ready to sail, Cap'n?"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
"You're welcome." Anne's hand felt warm in Knight's own metal hand, and when she had retracted her hand it continued to have a tingly feeling there, like it longed for the warmth once again. "As for Rooke, I don't think I can physically take him down on my own, but I do know of his weak spots, which would be an excellent advantage to have over him." She lowered her voice to a barely audible mumble. "When I first heard you pirates had blown up his ship, I was actually hoping that tower of a clockwork would stay down."

Lizzy laughed. "Same here, my friend. Do you know how to use any weapons?"

Knight was taken aback by the question. It had never occurred to her that she would need weapons, and she had never known how to use them anyway. "No." She replied. [OOC: Oh my goodness I can't stop yawning! Help! ]

Lizzy nodded. With those fragile little hands of hers, she hadn't expected Knight knew very much about self-defense. "That's fine. Knowledge is power, Knight. It's how I got by for most of my life." She turned to Anne and gave her a cheeky salute with a grin. "Ready to sail, Cap'n?"
I hope Scarlet doesn't meet Knight anytime soon. Sadly, she'll only see Knight as an insteresting intricate new clockwork that needs to be taken apart and studyied. Although she may marvel at the craftmanship, Scarlet would just be itching to see how and elite, independent clockwork functions.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
I would betray my crew and kill them all with backup if needed.

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
Mother of storm lord... *takes off glasses*

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
If I was a grunt clockwork I would just do as programmed, but if I was an Elite that could think freely I'd probably do the least amount of work involving the destruction of the spiral. Kind of like "Bishop" only totally dedicated to more fascinating things like grand designs and mechanical birds.

Kane: Knight! Stop wasting your time on that silly machine and go find that pirate!
Me: As you wish General Kane.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Two things ....

one: your responses are ENTERTAINING funny!
two: Should we continue this chain only in a different way? here i'll give ya a new question ....

What would you do if you fall under a curse, thust turning from a human .... to a animal of some sort!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
winter goddess on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Two things ....

two: Should we continue this chain only in a different way? here i'll give ya a new question ....

What would you do if you fall under a curse, thust turning from a human .... to a animal of some sort!
I would love to be a bird. Probably a parrot as I just have to be able to talk to people . I have dreamt of flying through the neighborhood ever since I was a small child and would just LOVE the ability to fly around. I would have such a blast with such a skill.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Two things ....

Me, I would have to be a sea cucumber. Simply so that I could take part in the yearly sea cucumber migration.
To join the majestic herds of sea cucumber slowly traversing the ocean floor, glancing longingly at the much faster and slightly less majestic sea star migration.

To warmer waters my fellow echinodermata!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Me, I would have to be a sea cucumber. Simply so that I could take part in the yearly sea cucumber migration.
To join the majestic herds of sea cucumber slowly traversing the ocean floor, glancing longingly at the much faster and slightly less majestic sea star migration.

To warmer waters my fellow echinodermata!
I loved this post, Scarlet! I could see the whole scene in my head, and imagine myself as a sea cucumber. That was wonderful! I have to admit that in the past I have tended to laugh at sea cucumbers because of the er, unusual way they deter predators, not thinking of their fascinating ways and sometimes beautiful forms. Now thinking of the great sea cucumber migration I shall render them more respect.

As for me, like Chrissy, I would seek flight, as I too have often imagined flying. I considered at first being a falcon, to be able to swoop and seek the heights of the clouds, but I have decided on a lark instead. As a lark be able to fly to my heart's content, and sing to my heart's content as well. Each morning I would greet the sun joyfully with my song, a song that would lighten the hearts and cheer any who heard it.

(I try doing the singing bit now, but the kids, who loved the morning songs when they were little, now grumble!)

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Two things ....

I would LOVE to be a bull. They are so strong and tough! Or better yet, a minotaur!

Everyone: WHAT?????

Bonnie Anne: Aren't you supposed to be a guy?

Me: No, Anne. It's my imagination.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
I would be Kanes' favourite clockwork... then kill him and REBEL!!!