Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pyrrhic set wont let me use assassin's strike

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My musketeer (Christina Strong) is using a combo weapon that is smashy/shooty, the Pyrrhic Set. When I equip it, it will not let me use my assassin's strike or sneak attack. I tested and just loaded a smashy weapon and the powers work fine. So apparently the smashy combo is not functioning right. I do see the smashy boost showing up in my weapon pop up in the character page.
Hopefully this will bug out soon as shooty smashy is a fairly strong combo to use and it's a shame to have such a fine weapon that I cannot use properly.
Thanks for your help in this.

Developer
Chrissy, the Pyrrhic Set is a pistol and shield-- but it's still a ranged weapon.

The weapon combos can't be both ranged and melee at the same time-- the user interface is different, the animations are limited, as well as other technical issues behind the scenes.

You will get your smashy damage boost when using the smashy/shooty combo, but that set uses the pistol as its primary attack type. You won't be able to use melee attacks like Back Stab with it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Chrissy, the Pyrrhic Set is a pistol and shield-- but it's still a ranged weapon.

The weapon combos can't be both ranged and melee at the same time-- the user interface is different, the animations are limited, as well as other technical issues behind the scenes.

You will get your smashy damage boost when using the smashy/shooty combo, but that set uses the pistol as its primary attack type. You won't be able to use melee attacks like Back Stab with it.
That makes a lot of sense. No clue as to why I didn't think of that. Guess it's why I need you , for my blond moments . Thanks for the help and very much appreciated education. x Bows to Sensei x