Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

9/11 Ceremony 2013.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
9/11 ceremony 2013

If you remember last year and the previous year before that I decided to host a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day in the game known as Wizard101, and surprisingly it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now I'm gonna get a head-start and make the thread for the 2013 9/11 ceremony. To see the first 2 9/11 ceremonies, look here and here respectively.

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. This was the premise last year and it is this year.

What we'll do

Like last year, what we'll do is parade around the entirety of wizard city on foot, starting from Avery's court and eventually ending in my volcano island house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the ceremony. We'll be doing this in realm frogfather.

Due to the character limit, the rest of the event details shall be posted later on, so stay tuned for that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
x Gets sneakers on x I am ready when ever this starts

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
The path

I'll bet you’re all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this. We'll start in Avery's court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed.

Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks -> Blood Shoals (The path stops here for those who can't get into traitor's cave)-> Traitor's Cave -> Rapa Nui -> Jonah Town -> Gullet (The path stops here for those that can't access flotsam skyway) -> Ruined Lighthouse -> Shady Hollow -> Flotsam -> Waponi Wu -> Puerto Mico -> Scrimshaw -> The Gold Mine -> The Dark Jungle -> Ancient Ruins -> Plundered Tunnels -> Scurvy Dog Hideout ->Cutthroat Bay (The path stops here for those that can't get into the port regal skyway)-> Parrot Island -> Port Regal -> My Volcano Island House.

Date and Times

Saturday, September 14, 2013.

3:00 pm pst
4:00 pm mst
5:00 pm cst
6:00 pm est
Due to the character limit, the rest of the event details shall be posted later on, so stay tuned for that.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Rules

Like all events, this one has rules that you should know/follow.

1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in black &/or white, at least for the base. The trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark color like dark purple for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents life & remembrance like a celestial dragon for example. Wands, badges & companions follow this same rule (i.e. no undead-like wands, badges or companions like the skull staff or undead hunter).
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
6. All pirate101 central & pirate101 rules apply (you may say your central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me & my helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have a p101c account (if they're not from there, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time).
11. If some of us get caught, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem in year 1, where some of us got caught, & the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to most, if not all, of skull island, though I would prefer it would be all of si.
13. For chat, at least have text chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. Have fun.

Why am I hosting this?

The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts & minds.

More to come soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
We can't do one of them on the 11th itself? Perhaps in the evening?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
We can't do one of them on the 11th itself? Perhaps in the evening?
The reason I'm not hosting this on the actual date is because I already have plans to host this ceremony in wizard101 on that date. Plus since I don't know how long it will last, I figured hosting it on the Saturday of that dates same week would allow people who came for the w101 version of the ceremony to come out to the p101 version of the ceremony as well, so there's that at least.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Extra notes

Like the previous years that I've hosted this event I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.
I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 4 or so helpers should be enough for this, so if you're intersted in helping me out, either post here or send me a vm.
For guest speakers, they will go up to the podium/desk and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too very antsy about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered guest speakers can come up to the podium/desk and speak so-to-speak. Send me a vm or post here if you're interested in becoming a guest speaker for this event.
I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever.

Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.

Host: flash33
Helpers: Jitterbug.
Guest Speakers:

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I do not see how this could be considered disrespectful in any way. Your intents are quite clear in honoring all the fallen, the wounded & their families and loved ones.

Could I possibly offer my services to host a walk on Pirate for the date? I understand that you cannot be in both places at once but this idea is too good not to allow it to be on both sites. Not all Pirate players play Wizard and I want to give them the chance to honor this too. If you give me the itinerary, possibly by sending it to me in a message on Pirate101 Central, I would be more than willing to adhere to it and allow us Pirates to honor this day, on the day.

Thanks for considering this.

Captain
May 16, 2011
I will definitely try to participate in this event. And maybe the Wizard101 version of it, too. If I cannot make it to either of these events, my sincerest apologies.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
1 week remains until the start of the 9/11 ceremony, so try to be prepared before then.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
We should have a Boston Bomber parade to honor the ones that died then, and the ones that were hurt, etc.
sned me a message if you guys think I should do it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
flash33 on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
1 week remains until the start of the 9/11 ceremony, so try to be prepared before then.
I still would like to have one on the 11th for us pirates and am more than willing to help.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013