Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Diablo Cut scary?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
diablo cut wasn't all that scary those plants i really never understand how they moved. besides not to be a weird or anything but what devil can possibly make a cut in a giant rock mountain that deep. it reminds of a cut i saw on somebody's arm

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Athena Wisdom God on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Hi I'm currently working on Diablo Cut and its a little scary, this could be a problem for younger kids playing, it even scared me a bit too. Why can't it be some sort of flood instead of red thorny carnivorous plants like Crab Alley on wizard101? That wasn't too scary. If you make some sort of change like this it could be a hammerhead shark in the place of the carnivorous plant.

Perilous Zoe Nightingale
Olivia Underwood
"Think it through before you do it"
(Never going back to Diablo Cut! It would give me nightmares!)
Heh, just wait till you get to Miranda in Cool Ranch - Haunted Skyway

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
To me, the entrance to Diablo Cut was a little scary. Not that it would give me nightmares, but scary is scary. But, it's not like they called it "Pink Unicorn Fun!" or something, so what should you expect. To be honest, when I used to play Wizard101, I didn't get why they called it "Unicorn Way" if it was ghost-infested. LOL.

Pretty Cori Everheart Level 22 Buccaneer

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
I think sometimes it's nice to have a dark, ceepy place. You can't have everything light-hearted and cheery, but you can't have everything be dark and creepy. The Monkey's Paw is a very dangerous artifact, responsible for many deaths, and Diablo's Cut shows that.

Ensign
Apr 27, 2013
The Flying Dutchman quest's little ship of horrors creeped me out the most! The demon monkeys and red thorns weren't scary.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
You can't shelter your kids forever. The world is not an easy place. Let them learn that bad things happen. Let them learn that bad decisions have bad consequences. Let them learn to strive for things and let them learn that they might fail at things they try but give them the courage to strive for what's right.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
Yes, the Diablo Cut, the reason no pirate can go into a greenhouse without being horribly paranoid. Seriously though, the poisonous, sentient, giant plants are treading the line between cool and creepy.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Fascinating isn't it.A saint,Saint Bonzo,who was a worker of good miracles.Any and all who were pure of heart could work their own miracles of good too.And those who were not of pure heart,the martyrs from the Great Reconcilliation of the Holy Church,worked against him.They shot,hanged,and burned Saint Bonzo,the Unfortunate.His hand was fixed to a stick,and carries with it,some tiny bit of Saint Bonzo himself.In life he worked good miracles for good people.In death,he works good miracles for good people,with the added twist of making bad miracles for bad people.

In a skirmish,the Valvida brothers took greedily the Monkey's Paw,to themselves.Food turned into monsters,never letting them eat.Water turned into a Lake,with more monsters,never letting them drink.Divine wings were tainted into demonic,never letting them escape.The Dead lived not,and became mere hollow Shadows of what they were,thus not restored.

By the end of this adventure,it seems that the youngest brother learned a very powerful lesson,the Paw answers not to him or to anyone else,and does indeed seek vengance.He hid it from his brothers,before they could doom them all.In fact,through this act,wise and just,I believe that the youngest brother has learned his lesson,that the Paw is not an instrument to bring you pleasures and riches,but an instrument to relieve you of guilt,pain and torments.

And as we can see,after we got the Paw,the youngest brother was probably relived of his sufferings,leaving behind Diablo's Cut;and if not,then he may have even left this world behind.That is the power of the Monkey's Paw...

And Donkey Hotay,as we can see,did not wish to relieve himself of madness,and chose a million bananas over it;therefore being punished by the Paw.Again.Yep.I know.

And then it caused all that discord,and Gortez got his paws on it.They never directly used it,only indirectly.

I just hope that he doesn't decide to actually use it...

And how did Ratbeard learn Monquistan????

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Fascinating isn't it.A saint,Saint Bonzo,who was a worker of good miracles.Any and all who were pure of heart could work their own miracles of good too.And those who were not of pure heart,the martyrs from the Great Reconcilliation of the Holy Church,worked against him.They shot,hanged,and burned Saint Bonzo,the Unfortunate.His hand was fixed to a stick,and carries with it,some tiny bit of Saint Bonzo himself.In life he worked good miracles for good people.In death,he works good miracles for good people,with the added twist of making bad miracles for bad people.

In a skirmish,the Valvida brothers took greedily the Monkey's Paw,to themselves.Food turned into monsters,never letting them eat.Water turned into a Lake,with more monsters,never letting them drink.Divine wings were tainted into demonic,never letting them escape.The Dead lived not,and became mere hollow Shadows of what they were,thus not restored.

By the end of this adventure,it seems that the youngest brother learned a very powerful lesson,the Paw answers not to him or to anyone else,and does indeed seek vengance.He hid it from his brothers,before they could doom them all.In fact,through this act,wise and just,I believe that the youngest brother has learned his lesson,that the Paw is not an instrument to bring you pleasures and riches,but an instrument to relieve you of guilt,pain and torments.

And as we can see,after we got the Paw,the youngest brother was probably relived of his sufferings,leaving behind Diablo's Cut;and if not,then he may have even left this world behind.That is the power of the Monkey's Paw...

And Donkey Hotay,as we can see,did not wish to relieve himself of madness,and chose a million bananas over it;therefore being punished by the Paw.Again.Yep.I know.

And then it caused all that discord,and Gortez got his paws on it.They never directly used it,only indirectly.

The same way everyone else learns Monquistan. He was taught.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Athena Wisdom God on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Hi I'm currently working on Diablo Cut and its a little scary, this could be a problem for younger kids playing, it even scared me a bit too. Why can't it be some sort of flood instead of red thorny carnivorous plants like Crab Alley on wizard101? That wasn't too scary. If you make some sort of change like this it could be a hammerhead shark in the place of the carnivorous plant.

Perilous Zoe Nightingale
Olivia Underwood
"Think it through before you do it"
(Never going back to Diablo Cut! It would give me nightmares!)
Never was much of an issue for me, but I can see our younger players being freaked out. The carnivorousplants were fine, but the monkeys? I mean, they have the best knock-out scenes ever, but still. Just a little creepy.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
sjosten on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
The same way everyone else learns Monquistan. He was taught.
By who?Where?

Ugh,I miss Blind Mew so much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:

Being a pirate ( and old ) he has sailed many skyways, picking up that odd bit of language here and there. Don't forget, he also speaks a bit of Polarian, also.
( I suspect his teachers were pretty Monquistan and Polarian ladies! )

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Being a pirate ( and old ) he has sailed many skyways, picking up that odd bit of language here and there. Don't forget, he also speaks a bit of Polarian, also.
( I suspect his teachers were pretty Monquistan and Polarian ladies! )
*Ratbeard grins with a dreamy gaze* heh heh heh...

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
They sound like balls of fluff to me that live and there like those thing every young girl wants and pets them
Then again I could imagine them turning into some fluffling monster
Like Puffy Fluffy from Spongebob?

Ensign
May 06, 2012
I personally do not find it scary at all. I see thorns. So? I see flying monkeys. Simply animation. I see a shipwreck. Like we haven't seen a million before that. My point? It's just a game, I don't see how a little game place could frighten someone.

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
I thought it's intent was to be spooky and all hope is lost themed, but what do I know?

Obnoxious Quentin Davenport, lvl 58

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
If you think the monkeys in diablo cut are scary, what about the dealer in Miranda's old sippin saloon? That is probably the strangest guy out there.

Ensign
May 23, 2014
I thought it was creepy, but in a "That's so cool!!!!!!!" kind of way. I would not like it to be replaced (at all), but especially not with water, because it doesn't rain in Monquista.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I don't mean to rain on any parade. But seriously everyone? Did the monkeys actually scare or creep you out? Or is everyone just joking and i'm the only one who's not getting it? Cartoon undead monkeys in a computer game shouldn't actually scare anyone. I'm not particularly brave either I must add.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
I personally do not find it scary at all. I see thorns. So? I see flying monkeys. Simply animation. I see a shipwreck. Like we haven't seen a million before that. My point? It's just a game, I don't see how a little game place could frighten someone.
Agreed.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
I'm finally back, and some people find things scary, but other things not. Miranda- in my view, the card dealer is just another Rotting Fodder (or whatever they're called) from Triton Ave. in Wizard101. The fight with Captain Blood? Just another squabble between pirates. Not one bit of Miranda scared me. However, this, to me, is different. The same thing as point of view- everyone fears something at least a little (but if you don't, you're steel).

Perilous Zoe Nightingale, level 52
Favorite companion: Shiruku Neko

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
I am never going back to Diablo Cut ever again 1. It almost Fainted all of my companions(counting me) 2. it scared me a little too 3. The enemies pictures are creepy
Two-Faced Richard Bowman level 23 ( Diablo Cut should only be showed in October for Halloween.

Ensign
Aug 03, 2011
x drumbeat and medium-paced rock music begins x

The skeletons rise from the forbidden dead,
from their dark graven beds,
their skulls click and clack,
living with hearts is their lack!

The timberwolves howl,
the screeching from owls,
many mortals shall fear,
yes, their lives are dear!

From spirits and ghosts,
they are the dreadful hosts,
of this horror play,
and it is you they shall slay!

Footsteps in the midnight,
it's hard to seek out light,
for the undead,
rise from their beds!

x music ends x

"Rising Undead" By Oni Slayer

This is a song that I made. It would be good for Halloween, but this is a Halloween post in March so...yea.

Ensign
Aug 03, 2011
Witty Gavin on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Yes, it is Spanish for devil.
That doesn't make sense. Devil Cut?