Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Azteca

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
I think Azteca should be another game world, where else would the Aztecasaurs be coming from and I personally think it would very sad and boring when my pirate101 account will be done with.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I never gotten to Azteca in Wizards, but I've seen a YouTube video about fighting the final boss there, and the whole world was crumbling as a huge meteor or comet or whatever was fixing to crash into it (it was a sad story, but very cool).

I would love to see it in Pirates.

Also, since it was about to be destroyed by a huge meteor when y'all left, were y'all ever able to go back to that world? On your free will, I mean. Or did the world disappear from the spiral and you weren't able to go back ever again, because it was destroyed?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh I do Not want to see it. Azteca broke my heart on Wizards. I started it with great excitement and watched that video on youtube so I could see the new spells and it was when I discovered that we don't win. The wizards don't save the dinosaurs. I play fantasy games to have fun and pretend to be the hero that I have always wanted to be. To lose the world and to hear the headmaster say something along the lines of, oh well you can't win them all, just broke my heart and I stopped advancing that day. I still play up to Avalon (love that story line) and I get to be the heroine that I dream to be but it is the main reason I switched to Pirates. There is too much loss in the real world. I want to play and have the good guys and the underdogs win.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Oh I do Not want to see it. Azteca broke my heart on Wizards. I started it with great excitement and watched that video on youtube so I could see the new spells and it was when I discovered that we don't win. The wizards don't save the dinosaurs. I play fantasy games to have fun and pretend to be the hero that I have always wanted to be. To lose the world and to hear the headmaster say something along the lines of, oh well you can't win them all, just broke my heart and I stopped advancing that day. I still play up to Avalon (love that story line) and I get to be the heroine that I dream to be but it is the main reason I switched to Pirates. There is too much loss in the real world. I want to play and have the good guys and the underdogs win.
I've never gotten to it, but I watched the ending and I had to agree that it was sad to watch the bad guy win... but it also was kinda of a cool twist. Every world in both Wizards and Pirates are so predictable: You go to the world, do some quests, get to the end, fight the REAL boss, win, and then go to the next... To actually see that we lost for once... it was a sad loss, but different and new.

We always win! That can get kinda boring after a while. To actually lose for once just adds to the story and gives us a new outlook on the game itself... Ya know what I mean..?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
While it was sad, I would like to see Azteca in Pirate101. You do know our story would be completely different from Wizards right? Different goal, different objective, etc. There could be a happier end to our side. I have a story line I've been thinking of and considering about posting it.

Also while it may have broken your heart to see the sad ending, wouldn't the Aztecosaur sacrifice become the perfect reasoning for flames of vengeance? Morganthe is still out there and there's no way we can just let her run off. I like how Azteca gives the Wizard a stronger desire to put an end to Morganthe's wickedness. Wizards do pretty much always win. We didn't win here, but that doesn't mean we can't avenge Azteca. We may have lost the battle, but we will conquer the war.

If I were to see your character and the way she's acting in the story, I'd be a little dissappointed. I don't want to sound mean at all, but by history, the Aztecs were a war-like people who wouldn't go down without a fight and even when they did, they'd want to live on with their grand monuments, stories and fables to let the world know, they were here. So, dispite the Aztecosaurs demise, they don't fall into nonexsistance. They want their stories and legends to live on in tales around the Spiral. Even in death, they want to play a part as the flame that sparks the heart of every hero and heroine who fight against the Shadow. They want a hero to step up and fight were they could not stand. To fall into a depression about not saving them is almost like a betrayal. While remorse and heart-felt recognition is admired, taking action to punish the villian is more than a satisfying reward. But to never take up your arms to fight again is like the hero who didn't win, excepted their defeat and made no attempt to redeem themselves. It's not about how you got knocked down. It's how you get back up. Will you take the role as the great hero/heroine again and dispel the evil of the shadow?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If Ambros had had your attitude it might have been different but his "Oh well we can't win them all" was just so shallow and that's what was the final blow after witnessing the awful defeat of Azteca. Ambros' writers could take a lesson from you. It would have completely changed how I handled the defeat.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
If Ambros had had your attitude it might have been different but his "Oh well we can't win them all" was just so shallow and that's what was the final blow after witnessing the awful defeat of Azteca. Ambros' writers could take a lesson from you. It would have completely changed how I handled the defeat.
Believe it or not, my thesis above is based off of what Ambrose said. I reread the quest dialogue, and I'm not sure where you get this perception from. I just don't see him saying "oh, you can't win them all." Where you saw Ambrose just brushing the tragedy off, I saw a man comfort a child in the best he could (we are more like children in Wizard101) and reassuring that the world is not over, and the game is not finished. I'll repost the dialogue for you from the quest "Speaker for the Dead"...

Pacal Redmask: "You come to us now at the end. Our days become hours. Our hours, minutes. Every minute is one lost lifetime. The sky is fire, but I can see the Moon clearly now, in my mind's eye. Full and bright, protective as our Mother. Some few of us will survive, perhaps, but our world will be gone... to fuel the heart of the Shadow Queen. Return to Wizard City and tell your people what transpired here. Help us live on in memory, and keep our story pure. Use our tale to inspire an army of Light to challenge the Shadow!"
-Gloomy, yet very poetic.

Cyrus Drake: "By the Spiral! I cannot believe these things to be true! To Headmaster Ambrose at once!"

Merle Ambrose: "Hello, Wizard. Where you succesful in overcoming the Shadow over Azteca? Oh my. Your tale numbs my heart. Morganthe has grown more powerful than I could have imagined. But do not lose heart, my child. Even death is not the end. The good people of Azteca have fallen beneath the fire and Shadow, yes. But all is not lost, no all is not lost at all. We will remember their sacrifice. We will tell their stories in the dark of the night, for warmth and for courage. And soon enough dawn will break. As the sun rises on a new day, the Shadow must recede. Young Wizard, go and prepare yourself, while I rally the forces of Light."

From this, I feel Merle Ambrose does show deep care for the fall of Azteca, he doesn't just brush it off. And so they are never forgotten, he does just as Pacal asked; ensure Azteca's stories will remain pure and true and used to warm our hearts in the time of the dark and to encourage us to live on in their memory. He does say that Azteca had fallen, but as a more sense of saddened acceptance. No magic can bring them back and we must accept it and move on, less we too will fall with them and what help will be to them then? He mentions Morganthe in away where there is more urgency to stop her as we know now she is capable of destorying more worlds. As for the last line, when he says he needs to rally the forces of Light, think of this as Book 14 in this game. The story is not yet complete. You're only seeing a pierce of it, which won't always be clear or pretty to see or hear, but when the new world comes, it will all make more sense. I feel Azteca's role will be even more powerful then. And their story will fuel the hearts of good, and brighten the strenght of an awesome army of Light to dispel the Shadow.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Believe it or not, my thesis above is based off of what Ambrose said. I reread the quest dialogue, and I'm not sure where you get this perception from. I just don't see him saying "oh, you can't win them all." Where you saw Ambrose just brushing the tragedy off, I saw a man comfort a child in the best he could (we are more like children in Wizard101) and reassuring that the world is not over, and the game is not finished. I'll repost the dialogue for you from the quest "Speaker for the Dead"...

Pacal Redmask: "You come to us now at the end. Our days become hours. Our hours, minutes. Every minute is one lost lifetime. The sky is fire, but I can see the Moon clearly now, in my mind's eye. Full and bright, protective as our Mother. Some few of us will survive, perhaps, but our world will be gone... to fuel the heart of the Shadow Queen. Return to Wizard City and tell your people what transpired here. Help us live on in memory, and keep our story pure. Use our tale to inspire an army of Light to challenge the Shadow!"
-Gloomy, yet very poetic.

Cyrus Drake: "By the Spiral! I cannot believe these things to be true! To Headmaster Ambrose at once!"

Merle Ambrose: "Hello, Wizard. Where you succesful in overcoming the Shadow over Azteca? Oh my. Your tale numbs my heart. Morganthe has grown more powerful than I could have imagined. But do not lose heart, my child. Even death is not the end. The good people of Azteca have fallen beneath the fire and Shadow, yes. But all is not lost, no all is not lost at all. We will remember their sacrifice. We will tell their stories in the dark of the night, for warmth and for courage. And soon enough dawn will break. As the sun rises on a new day, the Shadow must recede. Young Wizard, go and prepare yourself, while I rally the forces of Light."

From this, I feel Merle Ambrose does show deep care for the fall of Azteca, he doesn't just brush it off. And so they are never forgotten, he does just as Pacal asked; ensure Azteca's stories will remain pure and true and used to warm our hearts in the time of the dark and to encourage us to live on in their memory. He does say that Azteca had fallen, but as a more sense of saddened acceptance. No magic can bring them back and we must accept it and move on, less we too will fall with them and what help will be to them then? He mentions Morganthe in away where there is more urgency to stop her as we know now she is capable of destorying more worlds. As for the last line, when he says he needs to rally the forces of Light, think of this as Book 14 in this game. The story is not yet complete. You're only seeing a pierce of it, which won't always be clear or pretty to see or hear, but when the new world comes, it will all make more sense. I feel Azteca's role will be even more powerful then. And their story will fuel the hearts of good, and brighten the strenght of an awesome army of Light to dispel the Shadow.
Hmm the video I watched was not playing in real time and it is possible that things were skipped in the speeding up of things. This helps a lot. Thank you. I just may go back.